Shanghai Le Jiu Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

old and new!old and new!

the terminalthe terminal

Great restaurant in a great posh location!Great restaurant in a great posh location!

Boat ride @ West Lake, HangzhouBoat ride @ West Lake, Hangzhou

My First Visit To China

by ddron

I will be visiting China at the beginning of July for approx.7-10 days,landing in Shanghai with my destination of Zhejiang after a long weekend in Shanghai.As this will be my first visit to China can anyone give me tips on what to do or more importantly what not to do whilst in Shanghai.
My interests are very varied but always revolve around music.Being single and travelling alone is sometimes difficult in a strange country although I have been privaliged to trvel to most places in the world exceptn for Asia.Also does anyone know the name of the local airport in Zhejiang where I will be based for 5-6 days, Any information would be greatfully received as would any new friends gained through this message. Best Regards
DD

by ellyse

Zhejiang is a province, not a city/town. Where in Zhejiang are you going?
There's a music conservatory (China's oldest) at 20 Fenyang Lu, in the French Concession area.

by ellyse

BTW, if you're looking for a room instead of a dorm bed, Captain's Hostel would NOT be the cheapest place! It's not the cheapest place for a dorm bed near the Bund either, actually...

by sevilsungur

There are two big airports in Zhejiang province that I know of, Hangzhou and Ningbo. Hangzhou is the capital of Zhejiang province, it is about 2 hours train ride from Shanghai. Ningbo is along the Pacific, two hours east of Hangzhou. Hangzhou will host a big international convention this summer, World Heritage something something....Make sure you have a hotel reservation.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

A walk in the Hutong

by etrehumain

Shanghai, it's not only futuristic architecture and neon lights. There is also a lot of persons still living in hutong, small houses in narrow streets, most of them without electricity. If you go out of the traditional touristic circuit, you can walk in a few of them who are not under demolition (Chinese goverment is trying to eradicate all of them, transfering population in large building complex, destroying at the same time many small community). As you walk, stop to take a tea and smile to everyone.

Taxi from Pudong airport, Shanghai

by MikeySoft

The best way to get to downtown from Pudong airport is by taxis. This is especially true if you have two or more people and luggage. The taxi queue is a little to the right when you leave arrival.

I'll have pictures after my next trip this May. There appeared to also be an information window for foreigners. I have more information after my next trip.

Please rate this and my other tips when you find then useful, interesting or you like the pictures.

Crowded Museum Experience

by nomadig

Shanghai Art museum is located in the shock middle of the city, next to the People's park. The location is convenient to reach with the public transportation and museum can be used as a short break from shopping.

There are several galleries, but only three of them were open during our visit. The special exhibition was about French impressionists, and oh boy, it was crowded. I couldn't see much of some paintings, as there were thirty or more people standing on my way and obscuring the view. Seemingly art is popular in Shanghai.

The experience is almost free, the entrance fee is roughly 2e for adults and 0.5e for students. Staff speaks moderate English and is very attentive, so the experience is hassle-free.

The Three Kingdom

by diggingdeep

They have shows for you in the three kingdom site. its a horsemen/stuntmen show about the story of Guan Gong( one of china's greatest warrior) dont stand or sit too near the pit, you might get splashed by mud. The show is in mandarin and there isnt any translation so some of us were a little blur on whats happening.

I survived the first year in Shanghai!!

by conniechong

"Working here in Shanghai"

Ok, since its already 1 year past, now I'm targeting 3rd year. Whew, can't believe it, I manage to survive in Shanghai since 2nd July 2005...

"Pick up the pieces"

Shanghai is also a sad place for me last August. He ended the relationship and left me broken hearted. I had the urge of packing all my stuff and go back to my home country Malaysia the next day, but I thank my friends in Shanghaiexpat.com who gave me their advice, encouragement to help me through the saddest moment.

I am back, fully charged.

"Romancing 2006"

I found another romance in May 2006, thanks for the Pearl typhoon.

Comments