Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park

xuessium's Profile Photo

Another Business Class Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 14, 2010

A recent work trip allows me to check out the newly opened Shanghai Marriott Changfeng Park. Everything is in mint condition (since it only opened in Feb 10). You couldn't really be asking for anything newer.

Location is really nothing to shout about since it offers proximity to my office. Folks looking for a more central location may wish to hunt elsewhere. The obvious disadvantage of location is made up by excellent rooms (my room has windows on 2 sides as it was a corner room) with a fantastic tub that comes with a view of Shanghai and excellent pool and jacuzzi facilities in the hotel. Business class hotel wise, I am not really looking for anything more fanciful.

My conference happened to be held in the hotel's conference room. Unfortunately, the carpet loved attracting static electricity resulting in plenty of excitable jolts and merry squeals. The room's heating/cooling system could not made up its mind, sending the room to either stifling warmness or bone-chilling coolness. We couldn't make up our mind to wear our sweaters or not.

Unique Quality: I am more taken in by the physical comfort of the Hotel than anything else. In a nutshell, compared to the usual Ho Hum places I stayed while backpacking, I am thanking my stars to be popping my body onto a bed that is soft, clean and welcoming!

Directions: Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park is a 32-story building facing the Changfeng Park and overlooking Su Zhou River. Nearest subway is "Lou Shan Guan Lu" station on the red line 2.

Nearby Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Shanghai Travel Forum

Need advice about Shanghai, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Shanghai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Shanghai hotel reviews

Motel 168 (Shanghai Pudong Airport)
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review