Shanghai Sunshine Plaza Shanghai

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Shanghai

Elevated Walkway from the ITC Mall to Pearl Tower.Elevated Walkway from the ITC Mall to Pearl Tower.

White BuddhaWhite Buddha

The bustling Yuyuan Bazaar, ShanghaiThe bustling Yuyuan Bazaar, Shanghai

Old Town, ShanghaiOld Town, Shanghai

first time in shanghai ..koala hostel inquiries

by lotzky

hopefully i'll be in Shanghai this coming march 25th w/friends.its our 1st time there.i've decided to book in Koala youth hostel located in Xikang Road..how far is it from pudong airport?how much would it cost me from the airport to Koala?whats the best mode of transport?also is it a clean hostel?ive read good reviews about it but i want to be sure.lastly,is it close to sights in shanghai i shouldnt miss?tnx so much!sorry 4 the endless questions!

by MikeySoft

If you are several people, I would recommend a taxi. Should be between 120 and 160 rmb during the day. More at night. You can also talk a bus but it is easier to take a taxi when you have several people. Sorry, I do not know about the hostel.

Bus info:

I have more info shanghai transportation on my Shanghai transportation tips:

by cafank

It cost me 200 yuan from the airport last Sept. - one night and one day trip - both on meters and this was after I was told would cost about 160Y. If you are arriving late and buses don't run ( always my first choice and tho the website said they ran until last flight, this just isn't so!) - go to the taxi rank and try to share a ride to save costs.
Hostel is a bit far out of the main areas but depends what you want to see it's easy with buses.
I stayed at Mingtown Etour Youth Hostel which was much closer and quite OK.
Check out www.hostelbookers.com anf there is an interactive street map at www.smartshanghai.com - just be wary of different spellings for roads.
Have a great time

by ellyse

About 50 km. What time is your flight arriving at Pudong airport? If you're travelling in a group of 3 or 4 then it would make economical sense to get a taxi.
Answers to your transport questions can be found here: http://www.yhachina.net.cn/ls.php?id=18
I don't fancy the location re sightseeing though.

by lotzky

mikeysoft thnak u so much 4the transpo. info ..ill check out the link!my flights been moved.

by lotzky

mikeysoft thnak u so much..ill check out the link!my flights been moved.

by MikeySoft

Your welcome. Don't forget, when you like someone's reply, you can click the yes-thumb up in their reply.

Are you in Shanghai now?

by lotzky

im still here in the Phils. how abt u?i might leave for Shanghai next week..but i am quite unsure w/my choice of hostel..still looking around :) im new here so i just clickd on the thumb up on ur reply just now.;)

by MikeySoft

Thanks, I'm leaving for the Middle East of Saturday.

by lotzky

thnks 4 the link Cafank!ill check mingtown hostel..which sights are close to it?issit close to Hangzhou west lake?how far is it from pudong?thank u so much!

by lotzky

thnks ellyse!could u recommend the best hostel if im after the best sightseeing places?appreciate it!thnx 4the link..will check it.

by ellyse

Excuse me?! Ok Mingtown is kinda like a "franchise" of the IYHs, so many of them in Hangzhou and Shanghai have "Mingtown" in their name. So are you asking about Hangzhou or Shanghai? West Lake is in Hangzhou city, Pudong airport is in Shanghai municipality (city). They're not in the same city and neither are they close to each other!

by lotzky

im inquiring abt shanghai.thnk ellyse for the heads up!

by ellyse

My top picks for hostels in Shanghai with regard to location for sightseeing would be Etour IYH and Hiker IYH. Stay well clear of Captain's Hostel.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Walk along the river to see all the action!

by herzog63

There is alot of action on the river! Boats,Ships,Junks & and barges of all sizes are roaming the waters! I could spend hours just watching the boats go by! Sadly I only saw one Junk with it's sails up and it was a prop being used in a Steven Speilburg movie so that doesn't count!

Bargain Shopping

by lindyz about Yu Yuan Gardens & Bazaar & surrounding streets

Unfortunately, we left our visit to Yu Yuan Gardens until our second last day. I say this because it was possibly the cheapest shopping we came across, and by that time, our suitcases were almost full!!! So .... go there early in your Shanghai stay! The Yu Yuan Gardens is not only a beautiful place to visit, the shops in the Bazaar and fantastic. And then ... there are streets of even better shopping outside Yu Yuan, in streets such as Fangbang Road. Best for Chinese souvenirs and jewellery we thought.

Cheap spicy noodles

by albaaust about Aijsden Noodles

We had been to this chain restaurant in Nanjing and liked the spicy beef noodle so when we got tired looking for somehting good we resorted to going to this restaurant again in Nanjing Road. We squibbed and ordered the same meal!! Spicy beef noodles 25 Yuan

Nanjing Road

by marielexoteria

This pedestrian street is a shopping mecca, be it in Western style malls with Western names that you will recognize or smaller Chinese stores. There's also kiosks where you can book a sightseeing train and other activities. From this street I saw 2 interesting looking buildings: one that I call "the outlet plug" and at night I could see either an European or an American plug, depending on how I was standing on the street (lol) and the other one I call "Saturn" but it's one of the Radisson SAS hotels.

Beware of some pushy vendors, that will try to usher you to their stores. They usually ask if you want a Rolex or something similar, and we were once offered hash.

shanghai noon

by tranceperent

"china intro"

this was my first ever trip to amazing oriental land....having seen so many jackie chan movies when i was a kid i always wanted to go to china.

atlast my work permitted me to visit this awesome city.

"dinner"

our Vt meet at 1221,
cecilia organized this beautiful place in shanghai. she invited her 2 other friends for the meet. annabella and stephanie.
you can see how much we ate. i was drunk having the local chinese wine. too strong........

restuarant : 1221, shanghai

amazing food
tip: drink the local wine...too strong

"VT meet"

if you go to shanghai and do not meet VTer Cecilia, then you are missing out a lot. she is sweetest VTer i ever met who went out of her way to help me. helped me with places to visit. fellow Vter Pedro was also in shanghai at that time and was also a part of the Vt dinner that cecilia had organized for us. amazing restuarant 1221.

thnx cecilia again