Shijia Hotel

No.480 Sichuan Middle Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 200001, China
Shijia Hotel

CoolzeyCoolzey

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Shanghai

by Vilmita

Hi everyone, as every year going to china for work, always starts from Shanghai and always stay at Radisson Plaza Xingguo, but this time beginning from HK, then going to guangzhou, Hangzhou, Kunshan, Jiandgu and finally Yangzhou so sunday only free day going to shanghai to enjoy a day there shopping and walking around, next day monday flying back to Italy, at 8:55am so here it comes my question, need a hotel near the city centre and also not so far from Pudong airp, if I book one in nanjing road, it would be ok?? need help here 'cause not so practical in Sha as in china cities!! so pls if anyone could help me! would be really well appreciate it!!
tks!!

by nomad7890

I'm not sure I understand the purpose - is it near shopping or near going to the airport?

With the MAGLEV train, I find the location of the hotel does not matter - take a taxi to MAGLEV and will be in the airport in 15 minutes.

Shopping - I got around Shanghai by taxi.

My first time in China I splurged in the hotel (I figured I did the trip on my own without a tour and the tour would have cost way more) - so I stayed at the St. Regis. I mentioned this because if you pay a little extra for the room, you get a "personal butler" - and my personal butler accompanied me to the airport so I would not have any glitches.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for ... I found Shanghai pretty compact next to Beijing. I think if time is important it would be good to investigate an area with less traffic if when you need to travel, if this is a concern.

by polartraveller

Agreed, the MAGLEV train and subway makes the trip to the airport quick and simple. Do check their earliest departure time if your plane leaves at 8:55am which means you should be at the airport no later than 7am. Traffic to airport should not be that bad if the MAGLEV train does nto run that early and you have to take a taxi at 6am in the morning.

I always stay edat the Sofitel Hyland Hotel on Nanjing Road for the quick in and out visits.

by anoum

Last Dec my return flight from Pudong Airport was also early in the morning. So a day before the flight, I stayed at Motel 168 at Pudong Airport. It was about 600 yuan. More expensive than the hostels I had been staying at but worth it. Saves you the anxiety of the rush to the airport on the morning of your flight. Motel 168 there has very nice rooms.

There are a number of food shops at the airport like KFC, Pizza Hut, Kung Fu with inexpensive food. We had dinner there. Then we explored the airport before lazing in bed, watching tv in a most relaxing manner.

The next morning, we were able to take our own sweet time, going down to have a leisurely breakfast at the airport before checking-in.

Be sure to have enough yuan to pay for your deposit when you check-into the hotel. Anyway, the money changer is just at the airport too if you should run out of yuan.

by Vilmita

Thank you guys for all your answers, i do apologize for my late raply as I was pretty busy in last few days!!!
Anyway I booked the Sofitel Hyland Shanghai on nanjing road, already booked the hotel-arip transfer too, as usual have a driver who takes me every where but this does mean that my suppliers would be always around me, hahaha so I do prefer to be by my own sometimes this is why I asked, soo all settled, flying next saturday!! ciaoooooo e grazie!!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Chinese INK paintings..

by marsistanbul about Jade temple

Chinese ink paintings with fingers and palm:
The finger and palm painting is painted by the artist who skillfuly uses his finger and palm with ink and water mixture to produce this painting.
The artist does not use a brush only his palm and finger.They told me that,it is the first time to Chinese landscape painting produced in this manner.And I got one.. I just paid 40$

Food in Shanghai

by MarioPortugal

I've been a regular customer at various chinese restaurants in Portugal for many, many years. So, I considered myself quite familiar with chinese food in general. However, for my surprise, almost everything that in Portugal I was used to I could not find in Shanghai !! - I mean, in Shanghai the food was always different and new to me for almost any meal of the 16 days I spent there. Conclusion: there's a whole different World to discover in China :)

Yuyaun Garden

by kphstar

Five century old this Garden is large, beautiful and rich in history. But more than that, it's a great escape from the crowd and congestion of the outside Bazaar.

Walking along the corbel footpaths that leads you around to the different areas of the Garden, you gets to absorb the hertiage buildings, the tranquile ponds, the amazing artworks and calligraphy, and finally, the wonderful limestone structures that litters the Garden.

Entrance fee is 30RMB at the gate.

Ancient Chinese Sculpture

by Willettsworld

The exhibits here, dating between the Warring States period and the Ming dynasty, reveal artistic styles of Chinese sculpture in different periods. The most attractive sculptures are Buddha statues with different styles, such as simple and delicate Buddha statues of the Northern Wei, elegant and vivid Buddha statues of the Northern Qi and the Sui dynasties, gorgeously shaped and full-bodied Buddha statues of the Tang dynasty, and novel and secular Bodhisattva of the Song dynasty.

Open: 9am-5pm every day. Admission: Free.

Comments