The Branch Of Jin Xiu Hotel

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Shanghai taxiShanghai taxi

Serviced Apartments Shanghai

by Juliekaye1951

Hi everyone, this is my very first posting so hope someone out there can help with my questions. I am planning to go to Shanghai in early December for 1 week. Can anyone supply info on Tian Ci Serviced Apartments,at Guang Dong Rd.Huang Pu District. Is it an 0k place to stay for two women? also New Harbour Serviced Apartments - which is the better for location, value for money etc. If you know of any other serviced apartments that are well priced & close to the main shopping I would be interested.

RE: Serviced Apartments Shanghai

by Taila

I stayed at the New Harbour Serviced Apartments in April. I really liked it there. It is in Puxi, very convienent to the Bund, Nanjing Road, and the Huangpu river. It was clean and had a prompt laundry service. I though the room was a good value for the money. There were a lot of Western travellers there. My cousin had arranged the stay there. She lives in Shanghai. Hope this helps.

RE: Serviced Apartments Shanghai

by hansma

I am a chemist from Germany.

I have stayed in the Tian Ci (1 bedroom appartment) for three times already. For me it is the place which I like best for living. It should be safe for two women as well. At the entrance, you have to swipe your card from Tian Ci, otherwise the door will not open; in the lift, you also have to swipe this card, otherwise the lift will not go up. The character of the building is very nice.

If I couldn't stay in the Tian Cy, the New Harbour would be my next best choice. From the description, it has better equipment (swimming pool etc.), but the character of the Tian Ci is more distinctive. Also, the Tian Ci can be reached by foot in 7-8 minutes from He Nan Zhong Lu underground station, in about 10 - 15 miniutes from the Ren Min Guang Chang station. The New Harbour is two roadblocks further away from He Nan Zhong Lu, it is also relatively far from the next station, Huang Pi Nan Lu.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

For those who never visited Sex Toys Shop before

by conniechong

Opposite of Peace Hotel, there's a tiny shop selling quite a variety of sex toys. They are local manufactured under a foreign license. Prices are cheaper than the developed countries.

Don't be surprised by the "professional" attire of the sales representative ;p

Have a nice tour!

p/s. This exotic shop has moved to somewhere nearby. Another new and upscale shop can be found in Hong Mei Road, www.hm3822.com (dated 5 Oct 09)

Do not know if it is best but...

by paulita1

Do not know if it is best but we travelled there from Hong Kong by train. 30 hour trip. Deluxe soft sleeper (two persons, private compartment.) This cost $132 each person and was a wonderful way to see the countryside.
Bring your own food. We brought Ramen (they give you thermoses of boiling water) fruit, crackers, cheese, cookies, candybars, plenty of drinking bottled water. Turn the loudspeaker off by reaching under the table and turning the knob on the 'wall'
No one speaks any english. Be prepared to be stared at. The chinese do not think it rude.
Took a taxi from train station to downtown. Cost 100 RMB (about $14 for a 15 min trip.)

Wu Jiang Lu - Food for thought

by gwen_tifa

Well, food lovers out there, you must never miss out this street. Here's where you can find food and eateries on the whole of this street! I believe it's cheap too.

here you can taste the local delicacies, especially if you are on a tight budget. I don't usually recommend restaurants, cos you'll miss out the street scene and life of Shanghai.

Just settle down on the table of the eatery and start ordering!

Cyprinoids at the Lotus Pool - Yuyuan Gardens

by Nemoa

OK, Ok, in true faith this is not a must see activity but if you happen to be at Yuyuan Gardens I am sure you will not be able to by pass the fishes in the Lotus Pool.

I could have spent hours just watching them. I guess that is why they are in a garden of this characteristics, because they are so beautiful and relaxing to look at...

Am I crazy?

Maybe,,, about fish!

Shanghai 3/5/2004 - 5/5/2004

by yipsufen

"3/5/2004 - Dinner at Floating Restaurant"

The magnificent Nanpu Bridge. I had my dinner at Imperial Dragon Floating Restaurant which parked below this bridge. The dining experience in this restaurant is great.

"3/5/2004 - Shanghai Bund Night Cruise"

Although I was captivated by the famous night scene at Hong Kong Victoria's Peak, the view at Shanghai Bund is totally different. You will get a chance to see the old & new Shanghai along the Huangpu River. It's like witnessing the robust development of the awakened red dragon ! Enjoying breathtaking night scene is always one of my favourite activities during tour. Wish I had a better camera & tripod during that time.

"3/5/2004 - Shopping at Nanjing East Road"

Our tour reached Nanjing East Road Peadestrian Street at 9:30pm. Most of the shops closed gradually from 10pm onwards. Therefore, we do not have much opportunity to shop. It's packed with both local shoppers & foreign tourists.

"4/5/2004 - Yuyuan Bazaar"

I find this place very touristy because it has shopping, dining & sight-seeing under one roof. My only regrets were that this place was very crowded & we were not given ample time. I did not have enough time for shopping & savouring the abundant local delights. Never had a chance to try the yummy dumplings !

"4/5/2004 - The Soong Sisters"

Visited the Soong Qing Ling's (1893-1981) Mausoleum. She is Dr Sun Yat Sen's wife. At this place, we had a chance to learn more about Feng Shui & the auspicious chinese animal, Pixiu.

"4/5/2004 - Travel in Time Machine ?!"

No, this is not a time machine tunnet, it's The Bund Sight-seeing Tunnel. Children will be amused by the pyrotechnics but the journey is rather too short.

"Favourites & Regrets of Shanghai"

My Favourite: Shanghai Bund & Yuyuan Bazaar

My Regrets: Very short stay & crowded everywhere. No time to shop & try out local snacks.

Comments