Uhome Inn

Lunch, delicious!!Lunch, delicious!!

insideinside

Shanghai - ChinaShanghai - China

Ground / Lower Level FloorGround / Lower Level Floor

Accomodation for one night in Suzhou?

by Bluering

I will be in Shanghai in July with my son and I intend to have to trip to Suzhou by train. If we want to stay overnight in Suzhou, what could be an average rate for a budget accomodation for one night?

RE: Accomodation for one night in Suzhou?

by Jorgito_lindo

Some 200 RMB for a doble. In China is possible to bargain the room price in some hotels so you might get something cheaper

RE: Accomodation for one night in Suzhou?

by ellyse

I think you could try for around 200 RMB for a twin with ensuite. I've been booking a number of hotels for travelling friends and have always managed to score well-located and reasonably good-value hotels so far. :)

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Bund Sightseeing Underground Tunnel

by socrates_07

As a typical tourist I wanted to use the passenger tunnel built in China. It has a total lenght of 646,70 meter and connects Pudong (close to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower) and the Bund, Nanjing Road East.

It costs 40 RMB for one person. Maybe a little bit much for a 2-3 minutes drive.. anyway, it was quite interesting.

Luxury Liner??!!??

by herzog63

I left Shanghai on the Jin Jiang which was being called a luxury liner. There was a cheaper ferry boat heading to Hong Kong but it was 3 days later and I didn't want to wait for it. The ship itself was pretty nice. It included Tennis Courts, Swimming Pool,Shuffle Board,Disco,Writing Room,Library etc.. The room that I stayed in had 2 bunks. I was with a old guy from Shanghai (I think?) He didn't speak English and my Chinese consisted of counting and where is the hotel/restaurant/toilet so we just smiled alot! It was 3 and a half days on the boat and the weather was bad so the shuffle board court never opened up!! LOL The ride cost me 246 FEC About US$66.00 I think the Ferry Boat would have been less than half of that. But still not bad for a 3 and a half day cruise and the arrival in Hong Kong was absolutely stunning as it was the first sunshine we saw in 3 and a half days! The arrival was the whole reason for me to ride the boat instead taking the train back to Hong Kong. I was great seeing the Harbor with all of the junks and other boats plying the waters!
I made some pretty cool friends on the boat. We played word games and talked about our travels to pass the time. The weather was rainy and foggy but the seas were smooth..I didn't see anyone getting seasick. They served western and chinese food. I tried the western food for one meal but went back to the Chinese food it was much better. One evening there was a showing of Jaws II which I sat through for something to do. I asked one of the guys on the ship what time we would arrive in Hong Kong...Didn't want to miss that...as the arrival into the Harbor was the whole purpose of me riding the ship! I set my watch alarm to be sure I was awake....It was Beautiful!!

The famous xiao long bao shop

by Renee44

Most guide books would include this shop. For the budget conscious, try quening up outside the shop for takeaway, which one can eat around the place. For those who want more comfort, there are 3 places for a proper sit down meal on the 2nd floor. Each has its own price range. So ask around for the place that fits your pocket best.

Yu Yuan

by Chris_Dahlia

The Yu Yuan, or 'Yu the Mandarin's Garden', is characteristic of the architectural style of the Ming dynasty. It is a private garden in the southeast of Shanghai, with a history of more than 400 years. The Garden, reminiscent of those in Suzhou, features more than 30 halls and pavilions. It is divided into six parts, each separated by a white brick wall, the top of which forms and undulating gray dragon. Each part of the park, although divided, has a balance and harmony creating a unity of expression

Lantern Festival

by bdelphin

"yuan xiao jie"

This "festival" is organised just after the chinese new year, exaclty the day of the first full moon after it (the 15th of January in the Chinese calendar). All of these pictures were taken near the Yu Yuan, where the main attractions are. There are not so much outdoor special activities, it's more a special family moment.

Comments