No.306, Guangdong Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, 200001, China
Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less and rated 17% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Shanghai

The Bund as seen from the Pearl Oriental TowerThe Bund as seen from the Pearl Oriental Tower

north blocknorth block

East Nanjing Road by dayEast Nanjing Road by day

Opera House on edge of parkOpera House on edge of park

Ming Town Hiker Youth Hostel or Etour Youth Hostel

by guo_mei_xin

Anyone knows which one is better? in terms of location accessibility, restroom, nearby grocery etc etc?

Re: Ming Town Hiker Youth Hostel or Etour Youth Hostel

by ellyse

I don't know how much the toilets would be different...
I would say Etour is closer to the metro stop and People's Square is the interchange for line 1 and 2, so Etour would be more accessible. Plus it's behind JW Marriott so in case you have trouble getting back (by taxi or otherwise) you have an easy landmark to aim for.
I think it might be easier to find a 24-hour convenience store (for your groceries) at Hiker IYH though. I would probably rate Hiker at 85 and Etour at 80 for this, so it's not a big difference.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Pudong the pioneer of...

by ErnieGal

Pudong the pioneer of China's reform and market economy, is developing with unrivalled momentum. Within its boundary, the four development zones such as Lujiazui are leading the country in the development of finance, banking, real estate,etc. With its economic strides, hundreds of high-rise buildings are springing up; streets lined with shady trees are constructed; infrastructure is being improved...

Small Clubs on Maoming Nanlu

by tremendopunto about Buddha Bar

If you like those small little clubs Maoming Lu is the place to be. In places like the Buddha Bar or Judys Too they play good House music (sometimes good old classice of House) and the crowd gets wild. Great atmosphere!

New york has it's Hot dog and...

by zizquark

New york has it's Hot dog and pretzel stands. Shanghai favorites seem to be corn on the cob, brown tofu, and you'd also see brown eggs very frequently. The eggs and tofu gave out distinctive odors that must be a welcoming treat for someone. Also high on the list for street food was meat kebabs with a spicy Indian type seasoning and octopus kebabs that each time I smelled them I could not understand what the attraction would be. Be I was definitely in the minority since all these treats were selling everywhere.

Xin Tian Di Park

by limledi

After roaming around Xin Tian Di bars, my cousin took us to a nearby park with a lagoon. It is only a walking distance from the bars. The name of the park escapes me but it is nice to take a rest after the strolling we've done. We can see a very tall building which houses Price Waterhouse Firm. Beautifully lit buildings surrounds the area coz it's in the middle of the city.

My trip to shanghai

by marora99

My trip to shanghai was interesting even a little overwhelming. We checked in our luggage at the luggage storage in the airport. It cost $50 USD for 48 hrs 4 pieces of luggage. We paid the deposit required. My sister and I than noticed the chinese lady behind us managed to bargain down the fee for storage. We should have realized then that bargaining is essential almost everywhere in shanghai.
Getting into the city was an ordeal. I asked several people that worked there which airport bus would take me close to my hotel. Out of the 10 people I asked only one lady was nice enough to tbe honest and tell me which bus to take. Everyone else was trying to help the taxi driver following us around to get a passenger. The taxi driver that was following us got mad at the honest lady, but we were happy we found her.
I liked the bus it was cheaper and I felt safer taking it into the city. From the bus stop we caught a taxi to our hotel. I recommend coming into the city by bus. It cost me and my sis $10 USD to get to our hotel including taxi. Had we taken the taxi from the airport It would have been around $50 USD.
I stayed at the pujiang hotel. It is about a 1 min walk to the bund. The bathroom and room was clean. The front desk was pretty helpful and would write out the addresses to places we wanted to visit.
Our first night we went to pegasus. We had a good time. It seemed to me that their were mostly foriegners there. We had to pay a cover to get in but they had an open bar.
The next morning we leisurely strolled the bund and nanjing road. We went to hua hui lu and bought a fake fendi purse. Than we went to the old town and bought nick nacks. The next day we roamed around the french concession saw the residence of two communist party leaders. Later on we went to the jin mao tower and bought a beautiful crystal show piece with a picture of the jin mao tower and our pictures inscribed in it using a laser. We roamed the old town at the entrance of the Yu Yu garden but sadly we didn't have enough time to go inside.
Although we had a good time I would recommend taking a tour because it will convinietly show you alot if you have a little time.

Comments