Yinbo

Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 60% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Shanghai

Look at all of this!Look at all of this!

East Nanjing road businesses under repairEast Nanjing road businesses under repair

A street food vendor in Shanghai's old townA street food vendor in Shanghai's old town

Subway routesSubway routes

What are the options to travel from Puddong Airport to XuHui District?

Thanks all in advance!

Strad

by ellyse

Where exactly in Xuhui district?
What time is your flight arriving?
How many of you are there? How much luggage do you have?

To Gao-An Road
Flight arrival 5pm
Solo, light luggage.

Thanks!

by ellyse

Gao'an Lu near which junction?

by Strad

Gao-An is a short road, does it matter?

Thanks!

Strad

by ellyse

I know it's a short road. I was trying to determine if it's nearer the Huaihai Zhonglu end or Xujiahui end. FYI I'm not a stalker and have no interest in where you're heading other than trying to determine the best method for you.
In any case, I'd recommend that you take airport shuttle no.3 to Xujiahui (this is NOT the final terminus, this route terminates at Galaxy Hotel), then a taxi to your final destination for no more than 15 RMB, depending on traffic conditions. If your final destination is near the Xujiahui end of Gao'an Lu, you could even try to walk there if your luggage is manageable.
A direct taxi would cost about 160 RMB, depending on traffic conditions.

Hi ellyse,

Thanks a million for your well-intended help!

I liked both of your suggestions...to take the bus#3, definitely a saving, or a taxi, still affordable however, traveling around 5pm and stuck in the traffic with a taxi meter is no fun!

Just a foot note here...asking questions only, without your true intention accompanied, could be a little sensitive for some culture.

by ellyse

That's why I suggested taking the airport shuttle as by the time you get to Xujiahui and try to get a taxi to your final destination, it would be at least 1800--1830 already. Better than getting stuck in the taxi all the way.

by Lance_in_shanghai

When you say "stuck in traffic with a taxi meter", bear in mind the meter records distance, not time. Your bill will be based on the length of journey only. Still, bus is a bargain at, what, 25-30 RMB? If you had two companions, maybe the taxi all the way would be a good choice, split the bill, not bad. Bus for 3 persons is times 3 so it is not such a bargain compared to a 3-person taxi bill.

by ellyse

No, taxis in Shanghai do charge based on time too!

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Space

by solopes

One of the common details in old quarters is the small distance between houses, lining narrow streets and tiny squares.

I was impressed by the sensation of space in Yuyuan old quarter creating me a doubt: Was it originally so large, or is it a consequence of a planned reconstruction? I couldn't read anything about that.

Nightlife in shanghai

by harp450 about Bund area

We were walking on the bund street which is only open for pedestrian, There this very innocent looking chinese guy who entised us to visit his uncle's nightclub with lots of good looking girls whom we could take to our hotel which we agreed. The nightclub was on the 6th floor of a office building just behind this street. As soon as we entered we felt we have come to a wrong place. It had small rooms where the girls were called ( horrible looking) & when you choose them, they ask you for lots of tips & you have to order for them as well. They said you can have sex there only & we said we are not interested than they called for the bill & the bill made was for 150 US $( this is even when they didn't allow us to touch them). they add huge room charges & service charges etc. The place is such that you just cannot refuse. We felt as if we were kidnapped & felt liberated once we come out.

My friends beware don't go to any club where some tout wants you to go, They are going to rip you Off !!!!

Coconut Paradise

by Bob_Shan about Coconut Paradise Thai Cuisine

Northern Thailand flavor (Chiang Mai )
Restaurant is situated in a quite garden, with 2 separated old Shanghai style buildings.

2-300 CNY per person for dinner Seafood salad, Ton Yang Soup, curry fish.

Xu Jia Hui Shopping Mall

by Azri_Azmi

We had a short visit at the Xu Jia Hui Mall for window shopping and to had our early dinner.

Its a modern shopping mall with unique identity. Most items being sold here are branded items. I had checked out a price for a perfume here and compared it to Malaysian pricing and found out that it is better to buy it in Malaysia. The brand that I checked is the Paco Rabane Ultraviolet Man.

We did not buy anything here in Xu Jia Hui, just sightseeing the surrounding and taking pictures.

Shanghai: Beijing and Hong Kong's Love Child

by narom

"Hustle, Bustle and Tussle .. with no Fussle"

For a person who doesn't care for "big cities", I sure did pick the motherlode when I moved to Shanghai. On those rare occasions when I find myself holed up in my apartment for a day or two without going out, I realize that it really isn't that much different than any other place in the world. The difference comes when I step foot outside my door.

People are thicker than mollassas in the arctic -- they're freakin' everywhere. And they each seem to be going in a contrary direction to every other single person in the city too. If I had a yuan for everytime I was sure some random pedestrian was going to meet their maker as they crossed a busy street of traffic with out a green walk signal I would be a rich man.

To be honest, I didn't like Shanghai much for the first 6 months I lived here. In fact, I spent most of that time planning a move to Dalian or Xiamen. But, here I am, 10 months after moving here and planning to live for another year or so. I'm not sure what it is about this town, but it really grows on you. Sometimes it still gets on my nerves, but then I can just sit in my home with one or twenty DVDs and forget all about it.

Such is the modern life in Shanghai.

Comments