Yue Shanghai Hotel

No.800 Huamu Raod, Pudong New District, Shanghai, Shanghai Region, 201204, China
Dorsett Shanghai
Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Shanghai

look out!look out!

Jin Mao Tower and SWFC from the ground at nightJin Mao Tower and SWFC from the ground at night

The Bund at nightThe Bund at night

Hong Qiao airportHong Qiao airport

Nutrition/Food Therapy Cooking Classes

by jrjenross

Hi there,

I'm a TCM student that will be traveling to Hangzhou to study this summer. I'm hoping to stay after, in Shanghai and study Chinese medicinal cookery. I have no idea if this is even possible to do...in English...but if anybody has any ideas for me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. If it is only in Chinese, it still may be possible.

Thanks~~
Jen

Re: Nutrition/Food Therapy Cooking Classes

by lonelypaw

Jen,

Very interesting to learn what you plan to do in Hangzhou and Shanghai.

My suggestions are:

1) Since you are going to be spending your summer learning TCM in Hangzhou. I would believe that the most direct and useful information should come from the people you are going to be acquainted with in your TCM study.

2) I assume you are bilingual, so accessing Chinese website should not be a problem for you. There is a Shanghai 'college' I found on the web:

A word of caution is, just like all things on internet, it is not easy to authenticate the advertised material.

3) I am sure you know more than I do that medicinal cooking (yao-shan), is a science that has been practiced thousands of year in China, well documented, but never properly organized into any teaching curriculums. Most people learn it from their parents or word of mouth. Of course, nowadays, we all learn them from the cyberspace as well.

4) I worked on a project 15 years ago in a city called Yangzhou, it is about 5 hours by coach to the north. There is a well run college there:

Yanhzhou itself is a rather reputable culinary center in China. If you are not fixed on Shanghai, you may want to make some enquiry with this Yangzhou University.

I tried to write some Chinese text here but it doesn't work in this forum message. If need to, please don't hesitate to email me and I shall email you some relevant Chinese names and references.

Good luck.
PAW.

Travel Tips for Shanghai

Fun-Tastic!

by alsonamedbort1 about Old Chinese City area

This area of shanghai is full of kiosks. There are many cheap gifts and beautiful things to purchase, or just look at! You can also enjoy a meal here or buy some candy. fans or chopsticks hmm, not sure.

Loving Thai food!!even fast food!LOL

by jessicafeeling about Thai thai

if you are a spicy lover, then you would love Thai food!LOL many people tried it, but how about a quick peek fast food when you take a tour here? especially you are eager to see more nice city scenes after that, so try this, or look around, so many restaurants in this mall. =) Don`t miss the drinking here, milk tea, papaya milk, mixed fruit in it, yummy yummy!! cheap and fabulous!!!^o^ I bet u wil love it! I tried several one, ALL great! =)

-Nanjing Road-...

- The Pudong Area-

SHANGHAI

by AVSENT

"EXPO"

Well, what can I say-other than I came to Shanghai to see EXPO 2010. However, I only spent one day doing that because; there was just too, much that interested me about Shanghai. I had planned to spend a three day pass at the EXPO but, settled for one day. I really got tired of the long lines and the amount of time spent just waiting. I really like to spend my time more constructively.

This trip started on September 9, 2010. I took Super Shuttle to the airport PHX (Phoenix Sky Harbor) and was due out on the first leg of the trip at 10:10 am on US Airways. This is our hometown carrier and I have elite frequent flyer status that bumped me into the first class cabin on this short hop to LAX. At LAX, I got on the airport shuttle and went to the international terminal and got checked in on Asiana Airlines. My bags were checked all the way through on star alliance partners so, I just went to the gate for my flight to Seoul ICN.
It was about a 12 hour flight and the next day Sept. 10, when I got to South Korea. The food on the flight was good, atleast; and I wasn't hungry during the almost 4 hour wait for the flight to Shanghai. During this short flight of an hour, there was another meal served anyway. So, I got to PVG well fed but, somewhat tired. It made me glad that I had a room at the airport hotel, Hotel Da Zhong Pudong. I got checked in for my first night in Shanghai and rested for the day ahead.

"First Day-September 11"

Well, I slept well and got up early and took some photos of things. Then, I browsed around and found the Maglev ticket counter and an ATM. The first thing that I do after arriving in a foreign country is I hit the ATM for some local currency. I keep card use to a minimum and I only carry enough currency to get me around. I also, noticed a sign near the elevator of my hotel about a buffet breakfast. I went to check it out and it was much cheaper than what was on the sign. I was hyped up, because another thing I like to do is check out the local food. So, I was surprised that it was only 30 RMB or about 4.50 USD for the buffet with drinks included. I used this as a guide for the rest of the trip as to what I should pay for things.
The rest of the first day-Maglev and Nanjing Road.
The second day-Super Brand Mall and Pearl TV Tower.
The third day -EXPO and the Jade Buddha Temple.
The fourth day-Yuyuan Gardens and Bazaar, Huangpu River Tour.

Comments