International Financier Hotel

Yunjincheng Minsu Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Pingyao

At the City WallAt the City Wall

Beam inside the 'simple elegant house'Beam inside the 'simple elegant house'

Court room at the Ancient Government BuildingCourt room at the Ancient Government Building

South West corner of the WallSouth West corner of the Wall

Tian Yuan Kui Hostel how do I book a room?

by philbio

I have googled and searched everywhere trying to find out how I can book a room at the Tian Yuan Kui Hostel? Any help appreciated.

by ellyse

A simple Google with the keywords "Tianyuankui Pingyao" turned up lots of booking sites! Did you miss all of those?

by philbio

Thank you, I googled "Tian Yuan Kui Hostel" and didn't come up with any sites to book through.

by ellyse

Next time try to modify your search terms, sometimes a simple tweak will do the trick.

by ellyse

Actually, I just did a Google for "Tian Yuan Kui Hostel". Similarly lots of results, including those 3 that I already quoted you!

by albaaust

WE stayed at this hostel. The address and contact is on my page.

Travel Tips for Pingyao

Through Ticket

by Willettsworld

In order to visit all the attractions, there's a one-time admission ticket that allows entry to about 20 attractions. It costs RMB120 and is valid for three days. The only sights that it doesn't cover are the Bell Tower and the Shuanglin and Zhenguo Temples that are outside of Pingyao. I bought my ticket from the entrance to the Temple of the City God and covered pretty much all the sights in day and a half, so you have ample time to visit them, if you have a couple of days here.

Raise the Red Lantern!!

by albaaust

Hire a taxi for 300 Yuan and head for the Qiao family courtyard home about an hour from Pingyao which was the site for the film, Raise the Red Lantern.

The house was built by Qiao Guifa, who made his fortune by selling tea and bean curd in Inner Mongolia and ended up owning more than two hundred stores and money shops. It consists of six courtyards divided into 20 smaller courtyards with a total of 313 buildings within a high wall.

Various exhibits depict aspects of traditional Chinese life with English explanations.

The courtyards themselves evoke tremendous appeal with lanterns, ornate windows and doors.
Cost of entry: 40 Yuan

"Raise the Red Lanterns"

by agaiax

The famous Chinese movie, "Raise the Red Lanterns", used Qiao Courtyard Mansion as the film setting.
This mansion consists of six main courtyards and twenty minor ones. An 80 m long passageway runs from east to west, dividing the complex in halves. At the western end stands the ancestral temple of the Qiao family.
Watch for an array of some 140 chimneys, each with a unique design.
Take a mini bus from Pingyao (there are frequent busses from Pingyaou to Taiyuan and back - passing the Qiao Mansion) and ask the driver to let you out at Qiao's mansion. The bus ticket is around 10 RMB (you have to bargain). The entrance ticket is 25 RMB, they have student discounts.

Latern Show

by easysunshine01

Walking along the historical street toward the southern gate of the town, a crescent brightly hung at deep blue sky. At the square outside southern gate, there were a latern exhibition. The night became splendid with the all kinds of laterns, which were about stories, fairies and godnesses.

Every night, starting at 20:00p.m., an free acrobatics performance was given.

Bike Riding Trip along HuTongs (Allieys)

by easysunshine01

If I would had stayed longer, or I could have my expected partner who had the common interest with me, I would like to take an early morning, breathing the cool and fresh air, riding along the tens or hundred Hutongs at the town. I would always wish I could visit an ordinary family, talking with them or having some meals with them.

I had expected such a companion, but, just let it go. I would make my ideal trip at the right time with the right person.

Comments