Enjoyable Stars Hotel

33 Desheng Rd, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610017, China
Enjoyable Stars Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Chengdu

You are not touching me with them!You are not touching me with them!

Chun Xi RdChun Xi Rd

Wenshu TempleWenshu Temple

Lighting candles and joss-sticksLighting candles and joss-sticks

Sichuan Opera, open air theater

by AAshleySEG

I was recently watching an episode of Samantha Brown's passport to China on the travel channel and while in Chengdu she went to a Sichuan Opera which had an open air theater. I am trying to figure out the name of this theater and where it is located. If anyone can help me please let me know. They were doing the face changing and comedy, puppets, fire blowing, there were people giving massages to the audience and selling drinks and snacks. Any information is welcome! Thanks so much!

by MikeySoft

I understand there are several Sichuan Operas in Chengdu. I went to one in May 2006. It sounds similar to the one you talked about but maybe they are all similar. I'm sorry I don't remember the name but it was near a temple and a tourist market. Actually, near the end of the tourist market.

The list price on the ticket is what you pay if you buy it at the theater. The Youth Hostel a few blocks away sells the same ticket cheaper. They say the difference is the commission sellers get and they sell the tickets at cost. I did not stay at the Youth Hostel but they sold me the ticket anyway.

by conkee

we called this theater "shu feng ya yun"in chinese.I am Chengdu people.If you want to know more.can e-mail to me.

by conkee

Travel Tips for Chengdu

The most important thing to do...

by xiaomei

The most important thing to do in Chengdu city is to EAT !!! It is impossible to have a photo here that conveys taste, texture and flavour of their local food.

My favourite snack while on the road was Çàïý±ý home-made biscuit and ºËÌÒƬ (almond and walnut stripts). Food. I haven't had enough of Sichuan food.

Qingcheng Shan Ferry

by John195123

If you head up Qingcheng Shan via the right trail (as opposed to the left trail, not the "incorrect" trail) you will have to take the Ferry across the lake. This is the price board at the time of writing (Feb. 2008). I believe it cost us 5 RMB each.

Jinli Folk Street

by Willettsworld

Jinli Street is located just to the east of the Wuhou Shrine. It is recorded that as early as the Qin Dynasty (221 BC - 206 BC), Jinli Street was the most famous place for baldachin - a rich, ornate cloth. And it was one of the busiest commercial streets during the Shu Kingdom (221-263). Hence, it is known as 'First Street of the Shu Kingdom'. In order to reclaim the street's prosperity of former days, it was restored with contributions from the Wuhou Memorial Temple and was opened to public in October of 2004. Since then, visitors from all over China and abroad gather in this ancient street to relax, admire the traditional-style buildings, and taste some local snacks. You can find folk artisans putting on funny shows such as a shadow puppetry show or a hand puppet show. Some traditional arts such as paper-cut and clay figurines made by the skilled craftsmen are sold here. They are so delicate and life-like that you won't be able to resist buying some.

Comments