Zenec International Hotel

No.16 3rd Section Hongxing Road Jinjiang District, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610000, China
Zenec International Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Chengdu

The "Kermit" taxi.The "Kermit" taxi.

Rainbow meet the waterfallRainbow meet the waterfall

home of Du Fuhome of Du Fu

Busy ChengduBusy Chengdu

Shopping for a digital camera

by trevor163

Hi all, my camera has broke, nightmare!!!
So my question is, where is the best area/ street / shop to get a bargain sony digital camera. I tried Carre four today but i found they had a very limited range. Any help on this matter will be greatly received.
Thanx

Re: Shopping for a digital camera

by chinamonty

See if you can find a Guomei, Suning store. You could also pop in to the Shamrock Pub and ask the people there. It is likely that there will be a place close by to there where you can get one. I do remember there used to be a camera store on the same main street that Cartier is in but about 1 K the opposite direction from the Chairman Mao statue. Sorry I cant' remember the street name but its three years since I was in Chengdu.

Re: Shopping for a digital camera

by chengdu

You should go to "Shu Ma Guang Chang" or "Bai Nao Hui".

Travel Tips for Chengdu

Colorful flowerful market

by sachara

The most colorful part of the market is the place where the flowers with abundant colors are.
Also most flowers, like the vegetables, are brought by bicycle. The flowers stand in buckets with water, but also in bamboo holders or in baskets at the back of the bikes.
From some of the flowers you can notice the nice fragrance, passing by.

Sichuanese Opera

by bellatrix

It was fabulous! It was pretty low-key as operas go, and the music was punctuated with loud cymbals and the oboe and Chinese violin.. and the singing itself was sometimes so loud and shrill as to be a bit scary, actually... but I thoroughly enjoyed it! The depth of emotion portrayed in the expressions and the voices, the beauty of the language and the humor in the story, the realness of it all.... I wanted it to go on forever! The other travelers I went with didn't like it as much and actually went to sleep during the performance... I think it wasn't what they were expecting. I have heard the style of music before and so didn't find it grating as I'm guessing they did. I really found myself wishing that I spoke Mandarin so that I could catch the subtleties of the story and hear the puns! I wanted to know what they were laughing at! Having a translator was great, but obviously so much was missed! But it was great!!

Biggest one in China?

by Willettsworld

This was the second of only a few Chairman Mao statues that I saw throughout my time in China. It was by far the largest one I saw and it dominates a commanding view over Tianfu Square in the very heart of the city.

Comments