Jiuzhaigou Hotels

Our Members Say

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1668

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jiuxiang Hotel: Very helpful, friendly people here!!

The reviews all through Trip Advisor, and those that also had reviews on booking.com were not very reassuring - many places also received quite worrying complaints - even the one hotel that I had thought was reassuring then received a new review complaining of lack of hot water and heating - and I was wanting to visit Jiuzhaigou during Feb which is winter and potentially very cold.

I found this hotel only on booking.com with only one review from anywhere online - but it was a recent review and the male traveller from the US had written that during his stay here his accommodation was very warm and the people were very helpful.

Booking.com had a special offer but I hadn't booked as wanted to visit my 2 choices and check first before committing - the first one (online called the Jiuzhaigou Renmin Business hotel in reality only had a Chinese name and we only found it because I had their number on my phone as had rung them previously so the taxi driver spoke to them to find out who and where they were - the people at reception only spoke Chinese but the deciding factor not to stay was that they continued to give me the password to log into their internet access despite it being a different name to what was shown ontheir internet connection info for the password they were giving me. I left and went over to Jiuxiang and was very glad for that decision!)

Unfortunately in China many people smoke and so did the guys of the family - and other customers staying - but they did have a rule of not smoking in bed and my room did not smell of lingering cigarette smell.
Everything was very clean - and the towels were lovely fluffy clean towels. Excellent hot water and internet reception. and delicious electric blanket on the bed.
I speak about 50% mandarin so managed quite well - I found them extremely helpfuf for all the questions I had of how to get around and where to find what and where to eat etc - even walking me to the restaurants to show me, deciding whether to catch the bus or fly back to Chengdu (they agreed that I should take the bus because of the very 'Hen hao kan' scenery.

They also ordered me a taxi for 730am to get to the 810 am bus to Chengdu. and when I had problems working out how the remote controls for the tv the wife happily came up to do the channels for me.
As it was off peak season breakfast was not available. but there was a kettle and cups in the room so I had my own coffee sachets with me so was able to have coffee in my room before setting off for the days activities at beautiful Jiuzhaigou national park - only 10-15 minutes walk.

They also encouraged me not to bother going to the 'Tibetan' music and dancing entertainment nights stating that that was only geared specifically to make money from tourists.

In an area where I met only a few Chinese tourists who could speak English, and many reviews of other hotels had complaints such as poor heating and cleanliness, water issues from the bathroom etc, this hotel fulfilled my expectation to have accommodation that would be comfortable and keep me warm during a potentially very cold period of the year....and it was very cold at night while I was here in Jiuzhaigou!

Thankfully an excellent electric blanket on the bed! There was air con heating but it did not heat up the room very well but it was so very cold outside that if there had been no air con at all in my room I would have been much much colder - so I was very grateful.

The main quality was the incredible helpfulness of the people running this hotel. In China that is a big thing!!
also - excellent tv connection so I was able to watch the Winter Olympics. I had brought my laptop but the flatscreen tv also has a keyboard connected and internet capability. The wifi was excellent though - better connection than here in Xian even!

Excellent hot water for shower. Electric kettle to make tea - you have to provide your own tea or whatever you are going to drink though.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Hiking and Walking
  • Written February 16, 2014
Tip Photo

• badbilldouglas profile photo badbilldouglas
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kangba Nobel Manor Resort: First and Last Stay

Upon check-in our reservations were in order, BUT the courteous clerk explained that under no circumstances could both my wife and I have a key. She would issue only one key per room and the Great Wall will fall before we will get a second key.

When we went to the room, we realized that, because the hotel has only 2 floors, there is no elevator. Our room was on the second floor, so I dragged our suitcases up the stairs, making as much noise as I could. It was 4 pm and the lights in the hallway were off and it was DARK, so we groped our way along the wall until we found the door that our solitary key would open. The room was clean enough for a 3 star hotel (oops! - this is a 4 star hotel!?!?!?!) but stuffy because the air conditioner was off and the room was closed. The A/C wouldn’t turn on so a call to the helpful staff yielded the information that the electricity to the air conditioners would not be turned on until 6 pm. The electricity to the A/C did come on at 6 pm, but it shut off again at 12:40 AM. This is apparently the hotel’s annoying daily routine.

About the bed: it may be normal for China, but the mattress is as hard as the floor. You will be equally comfortable, or uncomfortable, sleeping on either. The pillows, strangely, were quite soft and comfortable, so Asians might find them not to their liking.

The restaurant seemed to be above average in quality and quantity of available dining choices, but we only had breakfast (twice). It was very popular with the Asians, but lacked a lot for Western tastes.

There is a row of shops adjacent to the hotel, offering food and souvenirs. Prices are quite reasonable because of governmental price controls. We enjoyed several meals at the restaurants and cafes.

On this same row of shops is another hotel, called the Holiday Hotel. My wife chatted up the proprietor, who claimed that air conditioning is available 24 hours per day, while I talked to a man who had stayed at the Holiday Hotel for several days. This patron gave it high marks for cleanliness, quality and service. We got a business card with the contact information and I’m sure that my wife and I will stay there during our next visit to Jiuzhaigou.

None

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Photography, National/State Park, Budget Travel
  • Written August 14, 2011

• elpariente profile photo elpariente
  • Reviews: 1600

JiuJiang Hotel: Temporada Alta / High season

Da la impresión que todos los Chinos deciden ir a Jiuzhai Gou en Octubre a ver los colores de Otoño .
En mitad de ninguna parte y a la entrada del parque se concentran 20.000 plazas de hotel , que en estos días están todas ocupadas .
Nosotros que íbamos sin reserva , tuvimos la suerte de que entre el conductor del taxi y un viajero ( amigo) Chino- Americano ,después de varios intentos nos consiguieran una hotel que nos pareció espléndido
Para que os hagáis una idea los precios que , indica la Lonely Planet , estaban multiplicados por 10 y pedían entre 1.000 y 3.000 Yuan y aquí sólo pagamos "350 Yuan"
El hotel estaba bien , limpio con calefacción y con un restaurante en el que entenderse era casi una misión imposible pues nadie hablaba nada de Inglés y todos los menús estaban en perfecto Chino . Menos mal que paseando por las mesas y señalando lo que nos parecía apetecible pudimos comer
Vivirás más tranquilo si llevas la habitación reservada si visitas Jiuzhaigou en temporada alta ( Otoño)

It seems that "all" the Chinese decide to go to Jiuzhai Gou in October to see the colours of autumn.
In the middle of nowhere and in the park entrance 20,000 hotel beds are clocated , which are all occupied during these days.
We were without hotel reservation, but we we were lucky that the taxi driver and a passenger (friend) Chinese-American, after several attempts they got for us a hotel that seemed splendid at that moment
To make you an idea , the prices indicated by the Lonely Planet, were multiplied by 10 and they demanded between 1,000 and 3,000 Yuan per room and here we paid only "350 Yuan"
The hotel was good, clean and heated with a restaurant, where understanding it was almost an impossible mission because nobody spoke any English, and all the menus were in perfect Chinese. Thank goodness that after strolling through the tables and pointing out what looked edible we could eat
Your life will be easier if you have room reservation if you visit Jiuzhaigou in high season (Autumn)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 4, 2008

• Museeuw profile photo Museeuw
  • Reviews: 226

Kangba Noble Manor: More than good enough

Our room was a lot better than I thought we would get in Jiuzhaigou. Everything was there. When we got in they apologized that we could get warm water for only 40 minutes, but that’s more than enough for two people to take a shower of course. One downside: the hotel restaurant had no heating.

• Written April 7, 2007
Tip Photo

• neverstoptravel profile photo neverstoptravel
  • Reviews: 94

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostels to Luxury Resort must meet your needs: Accommodation at Jiuzhaigou

Best hotels:

Jiuzhai Paradise Intercontinental Panda Resort(Former Jiuzhai Paradise International Resort & Conference Center):
Luxury resort built in the forest with hot springs/spa located 20km east to Jiuzhaigou National Park, one of the best resort in China.
Excellent service, nice room, lots of amenities, and 10,000 sqm natural hot spring spa center.
Luxury limousine service available provided to VIP: Bentley, BMW, Hummer....
Expensive Index: ******

Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort:
1.5km east to Jiuzhaigou National Park, within 20 minutes walking distance.
Managed by Sheraton International , very good service and lots of facilities.
RMB5 for taxi fare to the park.
Expensive Index:*****

Hotel closest to Jiuzhaigou National Park:

Heyeying Hotel(Heye Ying Bin Guan):
Built and managed by Jiuzhaigou Tourist Beureau, left to the entrance of the park.
Not too much expectation on their service and amenities but very very convenient for second day's tour, less than 3 minutes walking to the entrance!
Expensive Index:***

Other 3-4 stars/standard hotels:

Jin Long Yu Gang Hotel, Xingyu Guoji Hotel, Qian He Guoji Hotel,Jiugong Hotel,... all located at Zhang Zha Town, 3-6km west to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou National Park.
RMB10-15 for taxi fare to the park and very convenient for the night life,as well as the Tibetan Show at Jiugong Hotel.
Expensive Index:***-****

Hotel where local Chinese Backpackers used to stay:

Jiu Tong Hotel:
Located by the Jiuzhaigou Bus Station, 1km east to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou National Park.
Not expensive comparing to others and just convenient: Get off and stay.
Expensive Index:**

Hostels:

Lots of hostels on Zhang Zha Town, along Bian Bian Street 1-6km west to the entrance of the park.
Rooms may sold by bed and more chances to communicate with local backpackers and get useful information.
Expensive Index:*-**

• Written March 10, 2007

Jiuzhai Paradise Resort

• MikeySoft profile photo MikeySoft
  • Reviews: 165

Hotel Inside the Park

There are 100s of places to stay outside the park.

Staying overnight in the park is officially banned but I found a place that let you stay overnight. I did not spend the night in the park and do not recommend it, but you may want to try. Only cold water and no shower but had a western toilet. Not the best value but you can enjoy being in the part when the crowds have left.

The rooms were 30 RMB / person with 2 people in a room back in 2006.

Repeat, accommodations within the park are officially prohibited. I did not stay overnight in the park. But I did find this place with overnight accommodations. This place may be closed by the officials when you get there.

Please rate this and other tips when you find them interesting or useful, or like my pictures. :)

You are in the ParK over night!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written March 8, 2007

Hotel room within Jiuzhaigou

• Tenzin profile photo Tenzin
  • Reviews: 146

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Resort 5 to 6 star: worth a visit on it's own merit.

Probably the best locally run and most oustanding resort hotel in Sichuan. Look out for quirky translations such as 'suffocating' saunas as a result of a direct translation from the Chinese language. The facilities and service are impeccable but one is left wondering why the tiny extra effort to engage a proper translater wasn't made to make everything perfect.

The natural hot spring felt suspiciously 'clean' as if it flows directly from the tap. It's odourless, tasteless and colourless but the view is glorious. P.S. You got to pay 180 yuan entrance fee though.

Oustanding layout and landscaping to blend in with the natural environment.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 25, 2005

room with a view

• sylina profile photo sylina
  • Reviews: 371

Accommodation in Jiuzhaigou

In Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area there are 120 hotels of various sizes with over 20 thousand beds, including a five-star. Some of them are in Tibetan architectural style.

• Written June 13, 2003