All-legend International Hotel

No.17 Xinyuandao, Wuqing Development Area, Tianjin, Tianjin Region, 301700, China
All-legend International Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Tianjin

It's actually a pharmacy!It's actually a pharmacy!

Transportation from Xingang to Tianjin or Tanggu Railway Station?

by 2lindag

We will arrive at the cruise port in Xingang in October 2009 and would like to go to the Tianjin Railway Station to take the bullet train to Beijing. I need information on how to get to the bullet train from Xingang cruise port. Can someone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from Xingang port to the railway station? Or is there a light rail train between Xingang and Tianjin? Or would it be better to take the bullet train to Beijing from Tanggu instead of Tianjin? If so, what would a taxi cost to the Tanggu station?

We have been to China one before and love the country but it is sometimes hard to find information details from so far away.

by 2lindag

Thank you for the quick reply :) It seems there are many more high-speed trains each day from Tianjin to Beijing than from Tanggu to Beijing...is this correct? We are hoping to leave Xingang port in the morning for Beijing but the Tanggu trains leave in the afternoon only...is this correct?

Can we buy our tickets on the high-speed train at the station for travel the same day or do we need to buy them in advance?

by 2lindag

Thank you again. You have been very helpful and I feel confident in taking the train now. It has been 15 years since I was in Tianjin and Beijing so I am looking forward to seeing how they have changed in that time.

by ellyse

I previously estimated that the taxi fare from the port to Tianjin train station to be around 90-100 RMB, and to Tanggu train station probably around 20-22 RMB, though I could be very much off the mark for the former.
I don't think there's a light rail running between Tanggu and Tianjin.
There're much less departures from Tanggu than from Tianjin. Here's the current schedule from Tanggu, though I'm not sure if it will change again by the time you travel. There's 1 departure in the morning from Tanggu.
Tanggu -- Beijing South:
C2272 (0829--0925)
C2274 (1214--1310)
C2276 (1344--1440)
C2278 (1704--1800)
C2280 (1959--2055)
I think you should be ok buying them on-the-spot, especially if you're leaving from Tianjin.

by michaelhor

Tianjin station is very far away. You need to take the 102 bus or a taxi (50yuan or less than $10) to Tanguu station. There are bullet trains from this station and if you miss them then there is regular railway. Bullet train schedule: 8:29 12:14 13:41 17:04 19:59
Coming back from Beijing: 10:45 12:35 15:55 18:50

This is from research and not experience

by UH87

We arrive Xingang 5 Oct. on the Diamond Princess. Would you all be traveling on the same ship? We too, are planning on taking the train into Beijing. I haven't gotten straight answers yet, but will share info. when it becomes available. Perhaps we can pool our resources? Sharlene

Comments