Value Score No Data
Good For Business
The hotel's official rating is ***, which did mean it was pretty basic - and so it was (it would not have been given *** in Europe for that matter. Despite this, it's still the best accomodation available in Gyantse so would be the first stop for most foreign travellers (and local tourists) along the Friendship Highway.
It was interesting to note that an observation made by my 2005 edition Lonely Planet guide was still correct - the place did really have clocks showing the wrong time in all major destinations and two-weeks' old newspapers.
What we liked
- Breakfast was quite good, and included in the price
- All the basics that may not be available all over Tibet were in the room (heating, TV and hot water first of all)
- There was an adorable little kitten living in the hotel yard, providing quite a bit of entertainment
What we did not like
- Rooms were in a bit of disrepair, especially the bathrooms (although all main appliances were working)
- No Internet
Gyangtse Hotel: Simply the best hotel in Gyangtse
This three star hotel is simply the best in Gyangze. It has fancy Tibetan suites but you can get a standard room for 330 RMB. I tried to get breakfast included but the hotel refused so I only stayed one night then switched to the cheaper Jian Zang Hotel.
The Gyangtse Hotel is very comfortable and clean. I was pleased with the room and the hotel's guest services. I would recommend this hotel to anybody seeking high quality accomodations in Gyangze as there are no other hotels in town that come close.
Unique Quality: The hotel's television has the BBC news channel. The sun-lit lobby shopping area has Chinese and Tibetan costumes available for rental, if you'd like a photograph of yourself in one.
Also available for rental are bicycles at the rate of 5 yuan per hour with a 300 RMB refundable deposit, however I was disappointed with the quality of the bikes.
There are restaurants catering to western tastes just outside the main gate as well as beyond the small north gate which is to the right as you exit the hotel onto Hero Road.
Also beyond the main gate on the immediate left is a cheap Internet cafe.
Directions: Near the intersection of Shanghai Street and Hero Road
Popular Hotels in Gyangze
No.2 Shanghai East Road, Gyantse Town, Gyangze
Explore the World
- Kingsgate Hotel
- Diamond Beach Resort Gold Coast
- Club Med Cancun All Inclusive
- Country Inn And Suites International Drive
- Meadow Lake Golf And Ski Resort
- Karthago Hammamet
- Park Plaza Mandarin Eindhoven
- Caesars Atlantic City Hotel Casino
- Marriott's Legends Edge At Bay Point
- Le Meridien Budapest
- The Ritz Hotel
- Topazio Hotel
- King's Court Hotel Mysore
- Garfield Suites Hotel