Zetang Hotels

Our Members Say

• blueskyjohn profile photo blueskyjohn
  • Reviews: 927

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tibet Yulong Holiday Hotel: Would not stay here again, maybe.

I new right away there would be a problem here. Since I arrived in Tibet, my travel agent at Access Tibet (not my guide), has been trying to change my hotels every single place, even the ones I specifically requested and paid more for. There be a separate warning about that elsewhere. The hotel that was on my itinerary was across the street and looked beautiful. The outside of Yulong was average at best. The lobby was nice. My guide checked me in and I go up to the room. The place was disgusting. Walls and carpet were stained. I moved a piece of furniture to find an outlet and found a pair of socks and some old food! The console that controlled all the lights did not seem to be working and it looked like a rats nest of wires. In the bathroom, the shower stall was stuck and would not close.

I went downstairs to complain but they didn't understand so called my guide for me. I explained to them and he explained to the front desk. They said they would clean it again. One hour went by and they did not clean it. I had them contact my guide and they told him they did clean it. Little do they know I left the furniture moved out so they can see the food. Everything was as I left it.

Eventually, my guide was able to convince them to upgrade me to a suit which was very nice and clean.

If you stay here be sure to look at the room you will get before you pay! This place is hot or miss.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Adventure Travel
  • Written June 13, 2013
Tip Photo

• ozalp profile photo ozalp
  • Reviews: 458

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tsedang Hotel: A good choice

This hotel was our first accommodation in Tibet. It is a nice, modern building. Behind the huge, comfortable lobby, there are souvenir shop and restaurant. Our room was in the first floor. It wasn’t so big but it was comfortable. The bathroom was quite good and a relaxing bath was all I need after the flight. Our room provide me this.
We dined in the hotel that evening. Buffet dinner didn’t impress me. I tried some yak meat, duck meat, vegetables… Then I gave up and preferred sleeping. The best thing about dinner was that jasmine and green tea served during the meal.
Staff didn’t speak English, as far as I remember. Some people from our group had communication problems.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 22, 2009

Room

• grets profile photo grets
  • Reviews: 3429

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tsedang Hotel: A good quality place to sleep

Located on the main drag through town, we found this hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms were quite large and had two nice sized beds. The hotel, like most of the hotels we stayed at in Tibet, was built in Chinese style. Its public areas were large and airy.

The hotel was built in 1985 and was the first hotel in Zetang - it is said to be the best hotel in town.

In the lobby area were a couple of shops selling souvenirs and necessities, as well as a business centre which provided reasonably rpiced internet access. Also a couple of restaurants.

• Opinion of Price: N/A