No.618 East JiaoTong Road, Korla, Xinjiang Uygur, 841000, China
Ctrip.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Korla

What do you want?What do you want?

Combed by the wind.Combed by the wind.

I can't stop looking at the desert.I can't stop looking at the desert.

Water and sandWater and sand

Travel Tips for Korla

The red flag is still there and kids cannot escape

by kokoryko

The red flag is still there and kids cannot escape “red education”

Walking in the streets at noon makes discover things I would not have seen if aving unch in a restaurant; one day (which special day, I wanted to check, but I forget to ask my Chinese counterparts), there were small groups of children, dressed in a festive or “official” way, and it was fun to watch them in the streets, going to a theatre near the great central square. Of course, the red flag with stars is there, with one group, other groups, if they do not have the flag wear nice red caps which do not leave space for questions. Other groups also, may be less political correct; notice they seem all to be ethnic Chinese, but I may be misleaded by my preconceived ideas about colonialism, political education of the crowds, etc. . . .
Main picture: The schoolchildren are disguised, the girls have make-up, and they are ready for some commemoration, fete, I do not know; . . .
Picture 2: All these kids look very serious, and particularly the one who has the honour to carry the flag!
Picture 3: Ooops an undisciplined troop here; these girls are not as serious as the colleagues we have seen before.
Picture 4: Blue school again
Picture 5: Is she already trying to concentrate, may be the kids will perform, sing something. . . .

High speed development

by l_joo

The city is obviously in extreme high speed development, the picture says all. I came here by bus, on the way, I saw mostly rural areas and Uyghurs in traditional costumes, they are Muslims. Then suddenly when the bus drove into Korla, it changed to modern urbanisation with all the high rise buildings, all these I believe is done in less than 20 years, because it look so new. In the city, if you look up far, you can see the magnificent mountain chain of Tian Shan.

Bazaar street

by l_joo

This is probably the Bazaar street I saw in Korla, located in the centre of city, easy for beginners and me. Local buses are easy enough to take, I just hope on as if I was a regular without asking a question, and then I was sent here.

High rise buildings

by l_joo

Too many high rise buildings around here, this is only one of them, I don't know how to portray big city like this, just simply pick one to upload here, please don't ask me what that was for, could be the telephone thing?

Gigantic Peacock

by l_joo

I saw this Gigantic Peacock somewhere nearby the river on a beautiful men made garden with many artistic looking objects together. Gigantic Peacock was made of flowers, quite some hard works to build such a thing.

Comments