Loulan Hotel

kokoryko's Profile Photo

Best location in town

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 6, 2007

Loulan is the name of an antic city located not far from Korla. I stayed there in the 13th floor (they are not superstitious here! Me not as well, by the way. . . ). This hotel is located on the Northern side of the great square, which is optimal fort visiting the city and getting around. They have an external lift, which is nice when going to your room, you have a view over the city.
They have a nice (Chinese) breakfast buffet; I did not have dinner here, and nothing more can be told: it is not expensive for the comfort and service you get. The shower system is a bit strange, and I had no bath tub in my bathroom (I never take a bath, only shower, anyway!). Just a little bit noisy (had to choose between sleeping with open window and hearing noise, or close the window, which I do not like!), and I had the privilege to hear the early morning music for the people making their gym. Ah, and two times, late at night (12 or even 1 am, not sure as I wake up like a zombie) I had calls from female voices which I did not at all understand. . . A Chinese colleague explained me with great laugh, it was very common to receive “massage” calls in many Chinese hotels! I retrospectively think if I only would have replied with my more than very limited Chinese “shi” (yes), what would have happened. . . Well nothing bad probably, just one misunderstanding more. . . .
Overall good stay at Lulan Hotel!
Main picture:The hotel is located at the Northern end of the big square; you cannot miss this yellow building.
Picture 2:The main entrance; notice the name is written in Chinese but also in Arabic characters.
Picture 3: View from the room over the central square and twin towers.
Picture 4:View north over a part of the city and to the mountains in the background.
Picture 5View to East.:

• Suites
  • Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible

Korla Travel Forum

Need advice about Korla, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Korla and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Korla
Tiemen Guan: the iron gate.
Off The Beaten Path