Huibinlou Hotel

More about Urumqi

Buses in Urumqi, ChinaBuses in Urumqi, China

what can I do

by barbaradangelo

I'm moving to urumqi to live and work, and I'm little bit worry about the language and what i can do by myself. There is any nice place to go in urumqi?

Stuck in Urumqi

by Confucius

I suppose the Xinjiang Museum can be considered a nice place to go. Mandarin is not too hard to learn and a little Chinese goes a long way in Urumqi. Plug into the local expat network and you'll find friends you can join for group activities.
Excursions from Urumqi include Tian Chi lake to the north and Nanshan grasslands to the south as well as enchanting Turpan to the east.

RE: what can I do

thanks

RE: RE: what can I do

by bishkekj

hey!
welcome to urumqi,I just arrived & started working,I really enjoy the city and local food, xinjiang is one of the cheapest cities in china.
send me email to changeaday@yahoo.com

cheers

stuck in urumqi

by barbaradangelo

Hi, what do you mean with: plug in extpat network??
if you live in urumqi, please, I'm looking for an apartment (city center or next to) if you have any news please let me know. Is not so simple to comunicate here in urumqi

Life in Urumqi; get used to it!

by Confucius

Go to Fubar for pizza at 1 Gongyuan North Road, next to People's Park. That's where you'll find the necessary outlet to get yourself plugged in to the expat network in Urumqi.
Good luck!

by yasinjan6

HI miss:
i am native to Urumqi and i can help you if you need
at frist you should tell me that what is your abilty that can support you to live... living urumqi is nice ... about department you should tell me what kinds of room or about the price ?
than i can look for it.
about language you don't need to worry as there are more english learner who are very eager to know anyone from western county...
they will help you to study chinese language...
if you gonna believe that i can sort these problem out for you
write to yasenjan6@hotmail.com to contact with me

by jshoemaker

Hi,

I noticed you were planning to move to Urumqi in '06. I'm planning to move there now and would like to know (assuming you have already made the move) if you have any advice for people like myself who are looking to move there.

Thanks,
Jon Shoemaker

by shahzadhan

Hello , i am uyghur and i live in urumqi , i can help you , i am about to be a tour guied and my sister is a tour guied ,and i would like to be your friend, i have been learning english for 3 years now , if you come to Urumqi you dont need to pay for tour guied because i am here ,if any one need a help like this i would like to help because i like to communicate with english speakers , you can E_mail me < shahzadhan@gmail.com > you are alwayes welcome .

by chinaguy

are you still in Urumqi?

Travel Tips for Urumqi

Flaming Mountains (Huoyan...

by keiji

Flaming Mountains (Huoyan Shan)
The Flaming Mountains are red sandstone hills on the northern edge of the Turpan Basin. The redness of the hills has been likened to burning flames and temperatures often reach a sweltering 55°C. The mountains were made famous in the 16th century Chinese classic novel 'Journey to the West' which describes Buddhist monk Xuan Zang's pilgrimage to India. In the novel the monk encounters a wall of flames, an apt description for these mountains, but is able to extinguish them with the help of the Monkey King.

Comments