Snow Lotus Hotel

Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Urumqi

Minsha Mountain, Dunhuang, Xinjiang, China 2002Minsha Mountain, Dunhuang, Xinjiang, China 2002

Colourful lakeColourful lake

Airport Hotels

by olk

Hi, I am travaling to Thailand through China. I have long waits for my connecting flights: in Guangzhou Baiyun (CAN)on the way to Thailand and in Urumqi (URC) on the way back. I am a US citizen. Are there hotels within the airports where I can spend the night, so that I don't need to get a Chinese visa? Thank you.

by chengdu

Last June, I spend the night at Yidong Hotel which is about 6 minutes driving away from New Baiyun Airport. There are some hotel names and room fare on a LED board on the wall near the exit. I noticed Yidong Hotel at that time. The lowest fare of the stanard twin bed room is CNY180, including the two way free pick-up service from the airport to the hotel but excluding the breakfast. When we checked in, we asked the hotel staff to give us a morning call. I think the service is good.

by chengdu

BTW, someone said Guangzhou New Airport Hotel is within New Baiyun Airport. I am not sure about it.
This is the website of New Airport Hotel:

You'd better send an E-mail to inquiry.

by chinamonty

I don't believe there is a hotel in any airport in China that will allow visa free stays. I don't even remember seeing a hotel in an airport there.
As an American you get the most restrictions on visa's etc. If you are transiting but staying more than 24 hours or want to leave the aiport then you need to apply for a "G type" visa. You will need a separate visa for each transit I think but you should check that out when you apply. Other nationalities don't all have the same rules.
This will help you to submit your visa application to the right place. In America it is very important evidently.

Travel Tips for Urumqi

Shanxi Mosque

by victorwkf

This is the largest mosque of the Hui people in Urumqi and is located in Yonghezheng Lane at the northern end of Jianzhong Street. It was build about 100 years ago during the Qing dynasty and is worth a visit.

Comments