Urumqi Mingyuan Newtimes Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

Costs 156% more and rated 62% lower than other 4 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Urumqi

Getting on the train at UrumuqiGetting on the train at Urumuqi

Urumqi:Accomodations

by Jan_S1

Hi,

I will soon be traveling to Urumqi and I'm looking for hostel / guest house type accomodations - in other words, cheap. Anybody know of any places? The cheapest thing I'm hearing in $35 USD per night. Surely not!

Jan

by honestjohn

Althoug I didn't visit Urumqi before, I am sure you can find a quite clean and comfortable hotel with the price of $35per night. don't worrying.

by bkoon

Accommodation for budget travellers? Surely below USD$35. I was using the Lonely Planet Guide book when I was there and I only paid something like USD$10 for a double room.

Re: Re: Urumqi:Accomodations

by Riona

Hi:
the 5 star Mirage hotel, the best hotel in that city, only cost 380 RMB, with 2 free breakfast, have you checked Ctrip or Elong?

by shahzadhan

Hello , i am uyghur and i live in urumqi , i can help you , i am about to be a tour guied and my sister is a tour guied ,and i would like to be your friend, i have been learning english for 3 years now , if you come to Urumqi you dont need to pay for tour guied because i am here ,if any one need a help like this i would like to help because i like to communicate with english speakers , you can E_mail me < shahzadhan@gmail.com > you are alwayes welcome .

Travel Tips for Urumqi

China is generally ideal for...

by yuk13

China is generally ideal for budget tourist since the transport is cheap, food is cheap and accommodation is also cheap if you know where to find them.
Ask as much as you can (of course in Mandarin) and you will find that the local people will try thrie best to help! The Lake Tian Qi is a must see location where you can stay inside the local people's tent for one night or two, you can try their food and drink and you can also lying on the grassy slope at night and watching the shinning stars hanging in the night sky.

Urumqi

by nepalgoods

"Big Chinese City"

When I visited Xinjiang in 1992 for the first time I skipped Urumqi on my way to Turfan as I thought, that Turfan is much more attractive. And I am still sure that was the right decision.

This time I stopped and stayed for two days in urumqi as I was on a guided tour and I did not have any choice.

But Urumqi is quite a surprise to me.Though it is a big city now with the typical highrise buildings it is still a very interesting city with mosques and busy bazaars and very nice people.

"When in Urumqi do not miss:"

- the big fruit and vegetables market

- the big bazaar

- the Central Province Museum

"Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:"

Turpan

Turpan-Page is finished - enjoy!

Comments