Value Score No Data
Good For Business
House of travellers
This is NOT Jim's Tibetan guest house, the popular guest house in the old town.This hotel is just outside the wall of the old town.The owner is still Jim, but this is new and more expensive than the guest house.
I really had a great time in this small hotel, rooms are all around a courtyard, on the ground floor there is the restaurant bar and reception.Everything is so small that you soon come in contact with all the guests and the hotel really becomes a house of travellers.
I paid 300 yuan(about 30 euro) for a double room with bath tv and dvd.
They have free internet access and wireless internet for your laptop, still free.
Unique Quality: Jim, the owner he is really a great guy, you find him around the bar in the afternoon and early evening, just ask him about how to realise your trip and he will sure will find a great solution for you.
Directions: Just outside the old town wall
nice new hotel
Hotel is actually not in GuCheng (old town) but walking distance (about 5 minutes away) from the south gate & thus away from the chaos. This little "hotel" is about 1 year old and the 2nd lodging by the owners that have a popular guesthouse in the oldtown area. (husband is from Tibet, wife is European)
good lighting/ atmosphere, bathrooms were relatively clean, furniture/decor tastefully done, good service, decent food, while the rooms do not have heating, the heated mattress makes up for it and my little room for 250 yuan has 1 separate bedroom with a total of 3 beds!
what I liked about this hotel
1) location: close enough to the south gate and on a quiet street
2) never had to sign a piece of paper, there was no check in process--they just took me directly to my room, there were also nothing to sign after a meal or taking a beer out of the fridge, reservation was made via phone, there also was no "deposit" required
3) the Tibetan decor and photos of the owner's travels around the region makes the place very cosy (even had these photos in the individual rooms)
4) food was pretty good, ranging from pizzas to pastas, to Chinese to Tibetan, breakfast was good as well
5) saw an amazing sunrise over Erhai Lake from their rooftop terrace
Directions: I had a driver arranged by the hotel to pick me up from the airport for 100 yuan, you can also take a bus from the airport to Xiaguan and then from Xiaguan to Dali old town
China/ Dali: Great stay at Jim's Tibetan Hotel
Jim's Tibetan Hotel is a beautiful place and very colourful unlike other hotels which can be quite ‘standard’ in design. About the rooms: they have soft beds which is a big plus as most of the beds in China are quite uncomfortable. We would surely recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a peaceful place with beautiful decorations. Last but not least we want to recommend the restaurant which serves good breakfast (homebaked bread!) and on the menu is Tibetan, Chinese and western food. In the end we stayed a bit longer than planned just because we liked the place so much!! The rooms are good value for money and start at 250 yuan. We appreciated the location as it was quiet and that’s exactly what we wanted! Highly recommended!!!
Unique Quality: Outside the rooms is a wide balcony where you can relax sitting outside. But the hotel also has a garden AND a rooftop terrace with a great view over the Erhai lake and the mountains. Free internet in restaurant, rooms have wireless internet.
Directions: Just outside one of Dali's South gates
Good Service for a good price
Accomodation, café and restaurant offer a good service for a special price.
Jim offers comfortable and clean rooms. He's a very interesting person and likes a lot to chat with his guests.
If you are travelling on a budget, this is the right place to visit.
Unique Quality: A good location in town.
Clean, comfortable and save rooms.
A very good restaurant!
Friendly, Cozy Tibetan Decor Guesthouse
I stayed in the dorm at RMB15 per night. The room was clean, bed sheets not smelly at least, shared toilet and bathroom was bad, Jim & staff were friendly. No mainland Chinese tourists. 24HRS Hot Shower. Jim love to chat with his guests, his wife is Australian so he speak VERY GOOD English.
Unique Quality: Single/Double shared bathroom 30Y
Single/Double with bathroom 50Y
Jim's offer a 20-dish Tibetan meal at 30Y per person (minimum 10 people), prepared by Jim's mother.
Popular Hotels in Dali
No.13 Middle Yu Xiu Road, Luyu District, Dali
No.96 Yuer Road, Dali
South of Gucheng Gate, Dali
No.58 Renmin Road, Dali
Explore the World
- Marriott's Grand Chateau Las Vegas
- Fantasy World Club Villas
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Hotel Vintage House
- Parc Hotel (ex Parc Hotel Paradiso) (Lake Garda)
- Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo
- Cliffs Hotel
- La Quinta Inn Orlando International Drive
- Harolds Mansion
- Jolly Roger Hotel
- Costa Rica Hotel & Beach Resort Punta Leona
- Renaissance Costa do Sauipe Resort
- JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa