6 S Cui Hu Rd, Kunming, Yunnan, 650031, China

Travelocity Agoda.com Expedia.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Loved it here - wonderful service and comfort!

Made the reservation over the phone when on the bus from Xinjie to Kunming - I had wanted to stay elsewhere but it was full and a friends friend, who I was arranging to meet up with that evening, had already texted that other nearby hostel was full too.

The woman on the phone could speak a bit of English so we managed to converse in a mix of English and Mandarin - she gave me, she said, a double room at a discount for 999 yuan.

On arrival it was all very quick and efficient - my taxi was acknowledged and luggage taken for me and escorted to reception - attended to immediately and the booking found.....no further discount though. I hadn't realised it was rated as a 5 star hotel but it certainly looked it. My friends friend was able to meet me here as it was convenient for her from her workplace, and would be convenient to wander around the lake in the morning, plus importantly, be convenient to get to the airport from here without going back through the often serious traffic in the city centre. ( I had taken one and a half hours to get from the South bus station to here the evening before - seriously!!)

Unique Quality: the room was beautiful and very, very comfortable. Id had a week of roughing it a bit and now didn't mind living it up a bit. All the toiletries, slippers, gown were all great quality.

A couple of pieces of fruit provided along with tea and coffee. I rang room service for real milk to make tea and coffee, rather than the creamer powder provided, which after a bit of deliberation via a phone call and a visit to the door to check in person that that's what I wanted, it was then brought as a cup of hot milk....but did the job.

Good internet/wifi provided and no fiddling with passwords.

The buffet breakfast was excellent.

The shower was great - excellent hot water supplied and the bed was extremely comfortable.

Directions: beside the Green lake

• palliechen's Profile Photo

Green Lake Hotel - Luxurious

We were there in August 2007. Were on a budget trip but decided to splurge on our accomodation in Kunming a little. We never regretted our decision on Green Lake Hotel (only thing bad about it was it spoilt the expectations for the rest of the trip!).
    The location is great - the green lake is just across the road. The service staff were polite and helpful. I left my swimwear in the hotel room when we checked out and only realised it when I was in Lijiang, I called them and they managed to find it for me, and I managed to retrieve it when I went back to Kunming to catch the flight back home.
    The room was spacious, fully-equiped, and had a nice view of the lake. The beds were really comfortable. It is definitely a 5-star hotel standard!
    I think we got a "executive" type room which gave us access to the "business center" (?) area which had free flow of afternoon tea and snacks. The breakfast spread was delicious and substantial, variety was huge too!

• Simon1944's Profile Photo

Superb Hotel

My wife and I spent the first and last night of our first visit to China at this hotel and we could not have been more impressed. The room was of adequate size and had every amenity you could wish for. The service was superb. The team dressed as English butlers spoke fine English and turned up fast to deal with a probem we had created with the safe. On the last night a concierge arranged for an excellent local restaurant to stay open late for us and our guests. When the restaurant found there would be no Chinese speakers in the party they wanted to decline the booking as they had no English speakers or English menu but the concierge was persuaded to choose a meal for us and we had a wonderful evening. Kunming is a city full of jammed up traffic so it is particularly nice to stay at a hotel overlooking a park. At the weekend the park has various music group and dancers and the place is great fun. The hotel has an impressive buffet breakfast. We had a great time at this hotel.

• Wacca's Profile Photo

5 Stars in Kunming

I have spent some time in this hotel teaching the senior staff conversational English, and as such, have gotten to know them and the hotel facillities quite well. Though I have not stayed here or eaten here yet, I would recommend it for a special occasion or for VIP guests, or those who appreciate luxury and pampering regardless of cost (though in $US or Euros I think it is quite reasonable).

Unique Quality: This is probably the finest hotel in Kunming if not Yunnan province. The views over the lake and park are spectacular, especially at sunset, and the hotel boasts specialty shops, restaurants, and facillities, and a huge, welcoming main entrance and foyer. Many high ranking government officials stay here or have meetings here, and the hotel recently hosted the Sultan of Malaysia and his family.The hotel is set back from the road with fine gardens, terraces, and ponds. Nearby are many good restaurants, and souvenir shops.

Directions: Directly opposite Green Lake and Park in north west Kunming.

Comments