Yunnan Aviation Sightseeing Hotel of Xishuangbanna

The RoadThe Road

Shuhe's EntrywayShuhe's Entryway

Travel Agent recomendations?

by happyshirt

I've been doing research on Lijiang travel and am considering maybe a trek of couple of days to Tiger Leaping Gorge and visiting some of the sights in Lijiang. There are many agents on the internet but if I can get some recomendations on reliable ones it would be very much appreciated.
I'm looking to make my own arrnagements to Lijiang and then the tour to cover the land arrangements.

Thanks.

by happyshirt

Yes, i have been doing research as i said and there are many out there so I am asking of any recomendation if anyone has used one of the local agents before.

Appreciate it. thanks.

by johnmperry

This is a short form of my warning on my Lijiang page:

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH MAGUOTOU Company. They have at least four offices over Lijiang old town. Their contracts are as toothless and as meaningless as any other Chinese contract.

They are the absolute pits.

by happyshirt

This is good to know. Thanks.

by albaaust

We went on a one day tour and the guide we had was very good. I have his name and contact details on my page. I am pretty sure he could organise a longer tour if needed.

We certainly enjoyed our time in Lijiang..most of the things we did we did independently but for the Tiger Leaping we did feel we needed to book through a tour group. Make sure you have good soles because most of the difficulty is going downhill.

Any other queries don't hesitate to ask.

by skymu777

Hi, I think China International Travel Service of Lijiang is the best choice, they are experiensed with trekking, and they have their own website www.impressivechina.com or you can email contact@impressivechina.com

by happyshirt

Thanks for the information all. Yeah i agree bout CITS i've used them a couple of times and have always been satisfied i just couldn't find their pg for Lijiang.

Thanks all.

by albaaust

My guide I think works for CITS

Have fun..

Travel Tips for Lijiang

Old and new

by melosh

There is so much of touristic interest in the Lijiang area that you could very well miss the contrasts. These are not just between the old "touristic" part of the city and the new city. Inside the city are pockets of not so old, not so new vestiges of socialist China. If you had the time I would take you to an old market neighborhood and to an old bread factory still functioning seemingly as it has for the last fifty years.

Look for Rare Birds in LaShiHai

by bpacker

This place is an important migration passage/breeding ground/wintering haven of nearly 76 species of wild geese and ducks, e.g. Anas crecca, Fulica atra, and Aythya fuligula.
I did not see the black necked cranes when I was here however.

An excursion to Meili

by Jane.T

Recommended places:

1. Tiger Leaping Gorge - you can do the trekking there. Either tough one or moderate one or easy route. It's up to your choice.
2. To Shangrila, there you can see the spectacular view of Baimang,Songzhanlin Monastery. On the way to Shangrila, you can actually stop at first bend of Yantze river, the Shigu town...so many things to see.
3. To Meili - wake up in the early morning, waiting for the sunrise, if you are not so keen to do the trekking...hehe.
4. Lugu Lake - another Shangrila ( at least, to me)

There are many local tours to Meili. This is one you can trust.

We have the great privilege to go with Mr. Shen Wei on 19th of November, 2004. We met him accidentally. We were on the way out when he dropped by at our youth hostel. During that time, we did not know he was so well known in Lijiang area. We thought that he was just another boastful person trying to convince us with the big talk so that we would go with him to Meili. But it turned out to be that, I was wrong. He is the most honest, humble person we met in Yunnan. From Kunming to Dali then to Lijiang, we had met several unpleasant incidents which really scared us to trust people there anymore. But he is the driver that you wish to have each time you go for travelling. He is such a humorous person with sentimental heart. You will have a very wonderful trip with him.

You may contact Mr. Shen Wei at : 13038613800 ( add +86 if you call from outside of China.)

Baisha Frescos y Templos/ Frescoes and Temples

by elpariente

En el palacio Dabaoji se encuentran algunos de los famosos frescos , que son una mezcla de tibetano , taoismo y de arte donga . representan figuras y símbolos de la iconografía budista lamaista como ruedas de la vida , flores de loto ,
bodhisattvas e inscripciones en sánscrito
Además de los frescos , hay templos muy tranquilos que invitan a la paz y al sosiego

n the Dabaoji palace there are some famous frescoes, which are a mixture of Tibetan, Taoism and Donga art . Are represent figures and symbols of the Lamaist Buddhist iconography as wheels of life, lotus flowers,
Bodhisattvas and inscriptions in Sanskrit
In addition to the frescoes, there are temples that are very quiet and they invite to the peace and tranquillitycr

Black Dragon Pool Park - Civilization Gateway

by Willettsworld

This is the main entrance gate into the Black Dragon Pool Park. It was built in 1890 and was the former gateway of the Confucian temple. Screen walls stand on the two front sides with four stone lions of the Ming Dynasty facing ahead. Over the gateway are hung the three characters "Black Dragon Pool" written by Li Qunjie, the director of Yunnan Provincial Association of Calligraphists.

Comments