Value Score No Data
Good For Business
Best Decorated Hotel
1) Beautiful place, very well decorated hotel/inn
2) Staff are generally bilingual, friendly and appeared "professional" - one of the few inns where there's uniform for the staff
3) Rooms are clean; internet access in room, electric blanket
4) Near Sifangjie
1) Haughty lady manager at the counter (only appeared at some hours of the day)
2) You need to pay for everything... even the maps which are generally given to tourists free of charge (RMB 5 for each map)
3) The rooms are rather small and walls are thin - I can hear conversations and "activities" at night. No hairdryer, no wardrobe. Of the 3 hotels I stayed in Lijiang, I had the worst sleep here. It may just be my luck! :(
4) For the price that's double or triple that of average cost of accomodation in Lijiang (in Lijiang, one should look at the relative costs comparison and not absolute costs), I have probably expected a little more.
Cost: RMB 400 a night (inclusive of breakfast)
Directions: On Wuyi Street that's nearer to Sifangjie, turn left after passing the Small Stone Bridge - the alley is just facing a silverware shop.
For the Well-Heeled Traveller
If you really can't do without the convenience of staying in a central place and have a bit more spare change, then stay in the Zen Garden Hotel. The rates are reasonable for a 4*Hotel (RMB400) but exorbitant compared hotels outside of Lijiang Old Town.
Still... you're guaranteed good services in a beautifully restored 100 year old house. It's a favourite among the hk expats/singaporean travellers (yes, we were recommended this joint ) so, the rooms are always fully booked.
This place is a lot better than The Ancient Town Inn (Gucheng Kezhan) which looked authentic and had equally ancient service. The only credible thing about that place is a big framed picture of the King Harald which hangs on their doorway. Don't be mistaken though, the Norwegian King did not stay there, he merely popped in to take a look.
Unique Quality: We didn't stay in Zen Garden but our friends raved about the beautifully restored settings and good service. We take their word for it since they are the type of folks who hole themselves in hotel and take only selected excursions to the outside world.
Additional tip: If this place is full, they might refer you to Moon Inn, which is next door.
Lijiang's Most Charming Hotel
A traditional Naxi style small hotel with about 15 rooms built around a courtyard. This is an oasis of friendliness and English in a sea of Mandarin speaking people. My favorite hotel of my trip.
Unique Quality: Charming architecture, antiques and tea tasting with the owner's brother. The owner/manager is incredibly friendly and hospitable and makes your stay in Lijiang easy and fun. A nice breakfast in the morning is included and some mornings there is a woman playing a traditional Chinese stringed instrument in the courtyard. Free internet too! The rooms are on the small side but very clean and nice bathrooms. Some rooms have traditional Chinese marriage beds.
Directions: Located on a small lane in the middle of Old Town. Call and they will come find you and take you to the hotel otherwise it is difficult to find. No taxis are allowed in Old Town.
Popular Hotels in Lijiang
South End of Shangri-La Avenue, Lijiang
No.36 Xingren Alley, Wuyi Road, Dayan Town, Lijiang
No.37 Shuangshi Section, Xinhua Street, Old City, Lijiang
9 Yigu Street, Lijiang
Explore the World
- Americana Resort And Spa
- Holiday Inn Express Sandusky Cedar Point Area
- Brasil Tropical Residence Hotel
- Kelowna Motor Inn
- Fajardo Inn
- Holiday Inn Atlanta Northeast Doraville
- Residence Mont Blanc
- Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Quality Inn El Portal San Juan
- H Top Gran Casino Royal
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua
- Ravella, A Dolce Hotel and Resort
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Quality Inn Terrace Club