Dinghong Holiday Hotel

Meijiawu Village - LongJing Green TeaMeijiawu Village - LongJing Green Tea

Hangzhou experience

by Ammu1982

Hi friends,

I am Ammu from Bangalore India, and I will be traveling soon to Hangzhou as my Company is opening its new branch in Tech-park. I will be there on transfer basis and I guess it would be not less than 3 mnths atleast in the begining. There are few things I want to know about staying in Hangzhou:
a. How much does it cost for a rented apartment or for a hostel
b. Is there any legal restriction while living in a rented place?
c. What should be the ideal location to stay in terms of connectivity to city and work place?
d. What is the general cost of livin for Hangzhou?

Lots of Thanks and Luv
Ammu

RE: Hangzhou experience

by sssmanian

Hi Ammu,This Siva from Chennai, India.I am now in Xiaoshan which is approximately 25 kms from Hangzhou.Hangzhou is a very beautiful place.You can rent an appartment for three months ,the cost would be around 2000RMB to 3000 RMB per month ( Roughly 1 rmb is equal to 5.6 Rupees).You need to pay three months rent in advance in addition to Deposit (Refundable) roughly 2000RMB.You can find an appartment within a week time thru agency.You can decide the location based on your convenience once you arrive here.Till then you can stay in a Hotel.Hotel charges are roughly around 400RMB per day if you decide to stay in a 3 star hotel.You should have some Chinese speaking colleague or friend to help you out during the Initial stages.Chinese people are very friendly like us and they will help you out lot anytime.There are lot of Indians and Indian Software companies in Hangzhou.If you like Chinese food then it is fine,else you should cook on your own.May be you can bring some ready made curry powders from India if you would like to cook here.Also you can get Indian groceries ,may be bit costly.Let me know if you need any further details.Bye the way when you are reaching China? Is your company located in Hangzhou

RE: RE: Hangzhou experience

by Ammu1982

Hey Siva,

Thanks a ton dear for your advise. Yes my company is based in Hangzhou Tech Park (which I guess is accross the river in Southern Hangzhou). I might come to stay in Hangzhou for more than that say for a year, well this is not confirmed at the moment.

As such there is no problem for me to have Chinese food, since I am a foody person. For me the only issue was of a decent (and not to mention a cheap ... Ha ha) place to stay. And that u have now addressed.

Thanks Pal

RE: Hangzhou experience

by maria_hz

About Indian food there are now 3 Indian restaurants in the city. When in hangzhou, try to get your hands on a copy of More Magazine, which lists restaurants (among other things) to get addresses.
Indian Kitchen on Nanshan Road does a buffet for 78 RMB Saturdays. I think it's delicious, but then again I am not Indian and not an expert on Indian food :)

RE: RE: Hangzhou experience

by aiseduk

Hi Ammu and Shiva,

I am from New York and will be moving to Hangzhou very soon. My company has offices in tech-park and I am looking for apartment on rent.

After posting my long list of similar questions on this forum, I coincidently found this posting of yours. I am also looking for more information on rent, accomodation, food, ideal place to live etc. and I feel that your valuable inputs can help me solve some of my problems.

I am sure you will share your experience with me.

Best Wishes,
aiseduk

Travel Tips for Hangzhou

Hnagzhou Tour Bus (Yellow Dragon)

by sugarpuff

Quoted "Hangzhou Tour Bus (Yellow Dragon) Centre is a tour supermarket with a combination of multifunctions including self-help travelling, tourist information consultation and passenger transfer."

It seems that the Yellow Dragon bus can take you around Hangzhou to nearby towns for good package deals. They have more than 50 long distance tourist routes for travellers either as singles or in groups. They provide 25 kinds of tickets for every beauty spot in Hangzhou around the West Lake.

The Yellow Dragon bus company also offers shuttle buses to Shanghai Pudong Airport which will set you back just 100 RMB.

Lei Feng Pagoda

by imstress

Lei Feng Pagoda, a five story high pagoda was constructed in 975 .

The pagoda became a household name in China because of the folk tale, "The Legend of the White Snake".

It is love story about a girl who turned into a white snake and her sister into a green snake.

Comments