Home Inn (Hangzhou Shangtang Road)

No.117 Shangtang Road, Xiacheng District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310014, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Hangzhou

Plum blossomPlum blossom

Sweet small osmanthus flowersSweet small osmanthus flowers

West Lake in the moning sunWest Lake in the moning sun

looking for english or french speaking expats

by fmfiona

Are there many English or French-speaking expats in Hangzhou who would like to meet for a coffee sometime? My husband and I will be here for about 2 years and don't know anybody outside his workplace so it would be good to make contact with other people.
I would also love to work - I'm a registered general and paediatric nurse (not much hope there I know!) and an EFL teacher with a CELTA certificate. I am English but speak French fluently too. I would consider anything within reason.

by hangzhoulover

Hi, I will be in Hangzhou from March-June. That's still a few months away, but I would be happy to meet up when I am there. I am English speaking, from America. How long have you been in Hangzhou? I would be interested in hearing any tips you have about fun things to do or general tips. I was there this summer and have a few tips and pictures up on my page (just started working on it, so more will be coming), but this time will be staying quite a bit longer. There is one bar, not sure if you've been there, called the Shamrock. If you walk along HeFang Jie, you can find it at a cross street. That is foreign owened and a lot of expats hang out there, so you might like to check it out. Peace, Sarah :-)

by fmfiona

Thanks Sarah, good to hear from you! Would love to hear from you when you get back in March and by then I will have more ideas of what's around here. Have seen the Shamrock (during the day - empty) but haven't been at night yet. Take care, Fiona

by hangzhoulover

Yeah, the first time I went I was the only patron in the bar downstairs (around 3pm, when all the workers in a nearby restaurant were sleeping at their tables!). But I noticed they had some music events and other things at night. My friend went back later at night and had fun. At any rate, as much as I love China, it was a welcome relief to sit down to a baby-sized glass of Guiness and overhear some English as people walked by. :-)

by tossingfrog

Hi,

My name is Dominique, I am French, fluent in english and spanish.

I arrived 4 days ago in Hangzhou, I will register with the university in January to learn chinese.

I am currently looking for a room to rent, I am staying with some friends at the moment.

My e-mail is : tossingfrog3@yahoo.com

Talk to you later,

Dominique.

by fmfiona

Yes, we have to go soon! Tonight we're going to the NIght and Day bar - good food, live music and good atmosphere.

by fmfiona

This is for dominique, sorry I don't know of anwhere to live but if you fancy a coffee sometime let me know. If I hear of any accommodation I will get in touch with you. Good luck with looking! Fiona

by hangzhoulover

Night and Day bar. That's a cute name. Do you know what street it is on or what it is located near? I am trying to prepare a list of places to check out once I return. :-)

by fmfiona

Sarah, it's in the Nanshan Rd - 240. We went again last night and again had really good food from their restaurant menu (they have a restaurant upstairs.) It's always busy and has a good atmosphere.

by hangzhoulover

Thanks for the tip! I'll add it to my "travel guide" so I won't forget. :-)

by tonyzheng

welcome to hangzhou.
i am a native of hangzhou.
if you have any query,pls feel free to contact me.

tony

Travel Tips for Hangzhou

Snack food street

by honestjohn about He Fang Jie Street

The little street located in the east end of He Fang Jie, there are hundreds food stall along the two sides of the street. You can taste many many kinds of fast food, hangzhou local specialities over there. small lobster, shrimp, soup, barbecue, etc, very delicious. ( I am mouth-watering) spicy small lobster, babecue

Doughy dolls maker on He Fang Street

by sylina

I took some new pics of He Fang street on this trip. It didn't change much. Nice place to see. This guy was making some adorable douphy dolls. :) catoon characters, animals, flowers... Not only children are the big fans for it.

Comments