Jinchuan Hotel Hangzhou

More about Hangzhou

belly dancebelly dance

Relax at Mao Jia Bu lakeRelax at Mao Jia Bu lake

Floating Pagoda on West LakeFloating Pagoda on West Lake

Tea plantations on hills near HangzhouTea plantations on hills near Hangzhou

Lodging & Suzhou - URGENT

by APhung

My husband and I are in Yangshou and will head to Hangzhou in 2 days. After talking to some other travelers, I have decided to cancel my reservation at one Youth Hostel near the Lake due to Mildew/smell problem. Can anyone recommen a room with Private bath and CLEAN (no black grout line around Bathroom!!!). Our budget is up to $50 per night.

Also, we have 3 nights before we go home from Pudong. Should we split 2 nights in Hangzhou and 1 in Suzhou? or should we only do day trip to Suzhou? And is bus from Hangzhou to Suzhou the best means of transportation?

Thanks for helping, this is a last minute change but I don't want to deal with sanity problem.
Thanks everyone!

by MikeySoft

I have a photo of the Hangzhou West Lake International Hostel's bathroom on my Hotel tip on my China page. I felt the bathroom in my private room was clean when I was there in May 2007 and did not have any mildew small problems.

The photo shows the grout near the bottom of the shower is a little dark but bright white in other places including the shower and behind the toilet. I don't know if this is because of lighting or if it is mildew. The photo was taken on the last day of the trip so I could be from my showers.

Did the travelers say the bathrooms in the private rooms or the bathrooms for the dorms have this problem? The dorms are in a separate building and I did not see inside any of those rooms.

The only problem I had was the wireless internet was not working on my floor and no one knew how to fix it. I ended up finding the router in the hallway, unplugging it for a few seconds, the plugging it in again. That fixed that problem.

I would also recommend people staying in a private room to get a room on the end of the hallway nearest the lake. The other end is next to a disco and was told by people leaving that it could nosy. I had not problems with noise in my room.

Sorry I can not recommend a different hostel/hotel.
I would say $50 USD is reasonable and you should be able to get something a little cheaper. Make sure you get a hotel in a good location and not someway in town where it will take you 45 minutes by bus to get to the lake. There are some Chinese Hotels near the hostel on a road a few blocks east of the lake. They are not on the lake but you can still walk to it. You will have to bargain for the price and the rooms are bigger. But the ones in the Hostel are cleaner in my opinion.

by MikeySoft

PS
I just checked hostelworld.com for Hangzhou. They list several hostels claming to be on or near the west lake. They even have one called " Hangzhou West Lake Youth House" but this was not the one I stayed at.

The one I stayed at was called West Lake International Youth Hostel. By looking at the pictures on the web site, it is called "Hangzhou International Youth Hostel" by hostelworld.com.

by APhung

Oops I did not Mean Sanity - Sanitary....Ha Ha! THanks for your reply

by cafank

I love Elan Inn hotel - same price (cheaper when I was there in August) than International Youth hostel - and much nicer.

Elan Inn Longxiang, No 1 Putisi Road, Hangzhou - close to shops, food etc - 5 min or so from West Lake; T. 571 87781999. www.elaninn.com

Small entrance and hotel is upstairs with window and windowless rooms.

I haven't put it up on my pages will try and get around to it tonight.

Travel Tips for Hangzhou

Make Local Friends!

by 123Sophie

Good place to meet local people who speak English is so called English Corner at park by Western Lake at northern end of Hubin Road and also in Starbucks Coffee (Xihu Tiandi).
I met friends who helped me with sightseeing, shopping and then they even cooked a dinner for me! I`m so lucky!

Scene 2 - Song Palace Dance

by snuggie

The part is about the dances in the palace,a fantastic dance and the dancers are all very pretty. If you happen to sit in the first row,you will have the chance to see them dancing right in front of you.

Comments