Ramada Plaza Hangzhou

See Amenities
crewrower's Profile Photo

Ramada - a tough call

by written on November 23, 2008

Stayed in Ramada in November 2008.

We weren't able to really relax in the Ramada room (couldn't control the heating unit and you could hear noise from the street). The bathroom wasn't extremely well supplied (e.g. no conditioner, and none available when we asked from guest services). The rate did include breakfast, and it was passable, although most of the food was picked over and not restocked when we got there 45 minutes before closing. Some of the Ramada staff seemed dazed and confused. Not trying to totally hate on them, but I doubt I'd stay there again. Total price was USD 110, for a "lake view". The problem is that to see the lake you had to kneel on the sofa and turn your neck 60 degrees to see it. If you choose the non-lake view option the rate will be lower and perhaps at equilibrium in value-for-money

Unique Quality: Near West Lake

Paul2001's Profile Photo

A Very Good Four Star Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2006

I arrived in Hangzhou under similar circumstances as I did when arriving in Suzhou. I had no reservation and to make matters worse, I was perfectly aware of the fact that Hangzhou's hotels have a reputation for being overpriced. Because I liked to Sofitel in Nanjing so much I thought that I would check it out first. Wow was it expensive. A night here cost twice what I paid for Nanjing. I decide on Plan B which was the Ramada Plaza. It turned out to be a good choice. It was a well situated hotel right by the West Lake. The service was superb and the room was reasonably priced in that I got what I paid for at comparable cost to other four star hotels I checked out in China.

Unique Quality: The lobby bar is rather pricey and I would recommend that you check out one of Hangzhou's many Western style pubs if you want to wet you whistle. There is a Western restaurant which serves a buffet. To be honest I did not think that much of the food. The sad thing about restaurants in China is that if you tire of Chinese you might find Western restaurants not quite up to snuff.
My room was very well maintained and had satellite TV. There is also a travel agent on the premises where you can arrange for train tickets.

DougPrice's Profile Photo

Quality hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2006

I've stayed twice at the Ramada Plaza in the last year.

Each time I have been impressed with both the quality of the hotel and the service, the food and the efficient staff.

I'd certainly recommend a visit.

Unique Quality: It's two minutes walk to the shores of West Lake and you feel a million miles away from the hustle & bustle of Hangzhou life.

Beautiful rooms/suites

Good food - Chinese and Western tastes catered for.

Roof terrace and rooms with views of the West Lake

Very convenient for the shopping areas.

Directions: West side of the city centre, opposite the Conference Centre and 300metres from the West Lake

Nearby Ramada Plaza Hangzhou

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hangzhou Travel Forum

Need advice about Hangzhou, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Hangzhou and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hangzhou hotel reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Zhejiang Jindu Hotel Hangzhou
Hangzhou Wan Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Home Inn (Hangzhou Zhonghe Middle Road)
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review