Starway Huihao Hotel

No.171 North Zhongshan Road, Xiacheng District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310003, China
AMOMA.com Asiatravel.com

More about Hangzhou

Ling Yin SiLing Yin Si

Small snake saying hi to me, MaySmall snake saying hi to me, May

Paying Respect on Hefang JiePaying Respect on Hefang Jie

Computer Shop in Hangzhou?

Hello everyone!
I'll be living in Hangzhou for the next couple of months and while here I plan on buying a new notebook. Since I don't know the city at all I would appreciate if you advise where I should go, maybe you have a big computer and electronics market or something? If so, please let me know how I get there, a picture with the address will be perfect... :)
Thank you in advance!

by maria_hz

welcome to Hangzhou, Lion_Beat! The main electronics markets you will find along WenSan Road. There are several along the road, marked by the huge letters "EGO". I and my husband usually frequent the one on the corner of WenSan Road and Xueyuan Road, but there are at least two more to the east along Wensan before that one.

If you're going to be in hangzhou for a while, do check out www.hangzhouexpat.com and get your hands on a copy of More and Zhejiang Intouch magazines. You will find them at local expat hangouts, such as big hotels, starbucks and western bars and restaurants, eg. Shamrock on Jiefang Rd.

by mapoole

I agree with the previous poster. I've just bought a laptop from this area and got a good price...eventually! I find it's always better to take a Chinese friend with you, I'm not suggesting that they try to rip you off, it's more a problem of misundertandings, happy shopping, oh just one more thing if you want the English version of Windows more than likely it will be a copy so take care and avoid contacting MS.com !

Thank you a lot guys!

by mapoole

No problm, will you be staying in a hotel or your own place? If you're staying in your own place I would suggest contacting Chia Telecom, they offer broedband for abut 700 rmb for the year, 300 of this is refundable when you give the modem back...bargain!

by mapoole

sorry about the spelling, I've had a few beers!!!

by Lion_Beat

thank you for the tip again!
well if the beer is good don't worry about spelling! :)

by inhangzhou

Almost all the computer markets are located on Wenshan Road.
Here is simple introduction to Wenshan road, hope to give you some useful information about buying IT products in Hangzhou.

Thank you!
Nicely done map and useful information you've got on your web-site.
BTW: I bought the laptop already from one of the EGO markets (in fact I found 3 of them). The only problem I had was with installing english windows, but it's ok now. Just one tip - do not let them install english windows for you, cause they have no idea about how to install the drivers... :)

Travel Tips for Hangzhou

Very fresh Japanese food

by mashimashi about Mu Zi Lan

I know I know
I should not eat japanese food in China,
but this one is particular good and it is right outside of my hotel. They have all you can eat buffet, you order and they make it like some artistic dish, 180RMB per person, very reasonable for me. I think i ate 3 times in last visit with my boyfriend ^_^

West Lake: Zhejiang Provincial Museum

by cheezecake_deli

Zhejiang Provincial Museum on Gu Shan is certainly worth a visit. Unlike grander museums in Beijing, Shanghai or Taipei, it concentrates on local history, with a particular emphasis on the Wuyue Kingdom, which existed between 852 and 988 AD, with Hangzhou as its capital. Exhibits are clearly marked in English and Chinese, and the museum is free.

Comments