Super 8 Hotel He Mei Hangzhou

96 Guang Fu Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310001, China

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

China's latest attempt at cheap accomodation!

I came across this hotel/motel by looking up sites on the internet that give discounts if you book through them. We were only in Hangzhou for one night and although I was thinking of completely splashing out and having fun, I thought it probably wasn't the best idea as we would be out till late anyway, and would only be falling into bed...so trawled through all the special deals and came across this one! It's a chain that can be found throughout Canada and The States and the Chinese tourism and hotel board are trying to introduce it to China's main cities. It's a new concept for Chinese businessmen who will be just staying overnight somewhere and need a place which is reliable, cheap and convenient without paying a small fortune! Im always a little nervous when booking these types of places online as you just know that it won't be the same when you get there. Anyway, at just 178RMB a room, a little over 10 pounds, I thought I would give it a go! And it proved to be a good move!

Unique Quality: The room was described as a 'kingsize bed' room, but it wasnt much bigger than a single bed to be honest. But there was a shower and toilet which was all very clean, enough sockets around the room for me to plug in my phone charger and camera battery charger and a tv! It was brightly painted in that motel way of colours and everything was clean. The reception staff were very friendly and tried to speak in English to me until I helped them out using Chinese. When we checked out they said we had used a product which we had to pay for. I knew we hadn't so they checked again and apologised for being wrong and off we went! A pleasant stay at a cheap and pleasant place.

Would stay again if I go back to Hangzhou! That is of course unless someone invites me to The Shangrila!!!! Any takers?!!!!

Comments