Tea Boutique Hotel

No.124 Shuguang Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310007, China

Tea Boutique Hotel
Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• A real treat !!!

Thanks to my job I travel a lot and stay in fancy, nice and expensive hotels around the globe.
    And sometimes I have the opportunity that I can extend my business trips and do some private traveling too.
    And one of those private visits started yesterday. And although I have not experienced the whole of all services in this hotel, I already fell in love with it.
    I am sure that I will return here if I have more time to spent, to explore the rest of this interesting area.

Unique Quality: Staff more than helpful and very dedicated to make you feel at home, a room that is absolutely marvelous and the whole hotel has a very positive ambience.
    And all of that for a more than fantastic price.

More about Hangzhou

Tea House in the parkTea House in the park

Shopping streetShopping street

westlake in moonlightwestlake in moonlight

I am going to Hangzhou

by simcard

Hello. I am going to Hangzhou on the second Saturday next month. It would be my first time there, but I am not going for sight seeing, so I hope to go there and get back to Shanghai within a day. Is it possible?

If I take a taxi from the train station to the Afflicated hospital of Zhejiang University, how much should that be cost? And how about from the station to the Lily Orphan Care Center? I have no idea where the hospital and the orphanage are. Anyone from Hangzhou can help with this?

Also, where can I get an English map of Hangzhou? Either online or on paper is fine.

Thank you.

//Emily

by FreeCloud

There are many trains between Hangzhou and Shanghai, should be cheaper. Taxi would cost about RMB 400/one way from Pudong airport to ZheJiang Univ, was told.

The tourist train is clean and fast with A/C. If you are still in Shanghai, you should be able to find a Hangzhou map in a book store, Foreign Language book store (wan wen shu dian)?

For transportation:

Have a good trip.

Shang you tiantang, xia you Hangzhou guniang

by Confucius

Sources in Hangzhou tell me it is about 20 RMB from the Hangzhou train station to the Affiliated Hospital of Z.U. located on the west side of West Lake.

Re: Shang you tiantang, xia you Hangzhou guniang

by FreeCloud

Sorry SC for the confusion I had: I apparently did not read it carefully!

Have fun.

by vigi

Yes, you can pay a one day visit to Hangzhou and back to Shanghai on the same day. It only take 1-2 hours from Shanghai to HangZhou (provided if no traffic jam).

You can bargain with taxi. I was able to get RMB200 from Shanghai (PuXi) to Zhou Zhuang

You can also book day-tour at many hotel counter, price is reasonable including transport, meals and guide.

Re: Re: I am going to Hangzhou

by simcard

Thanks for your information here. I certainly will try it out that day with your information here.

by binggo

Hello,emily,
as for your questions:

400yuan is NOT enough for a taxi between pudong airport and hangzhou;If you are not in a hurry,you can take trains .Only 2 hours' ride for express train.

There are several affliated hospitals to Zhejiang University.So make it sure enough which one,or which Number it is.My advice! From train station,between 10-40 yuan.

For Lily orphan center,it's not in Hangzhou city,actually.It's around 1 hour 's car drive out of the city.No direct bus and most taxi drivers don't know this place. Why do I know this place?Because I have helped in the last five years families from USA,Nertherland,Sweden,Canada,New zealand with things ,like you are going to do.I know the director and nurses there very well!

Emily,,if you like,I can share with you my experience in this field,and alsoI can help you arrange car transfer (between shanghai,hangzhou and lily centre.)so you can save lots of trouble and time.Should you have any questions,contact me

Email: binggo@bigfoot.com
MSN : binggoes@hotmail.com

I

Travel Tips for Hangzhou

West Lake: An Introduction

by cheezecake_deli

With a surface area of 6 square kilometres, West Lake (Xi Hu) is Hangzhou's greatest asset. Beautifully sculptured gardens, historic villas, legendary pagodas and ancient temples line its shores, providing a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. The scenic spots around West Lake are ladden with literary and historic references, so it helps if you have some appreciation of popular Chinese literature and history. The lake started life as a shallow inlet of Hangzhou bay - the first emperor of China, Qin Shi Huangdi, is said to have sailed in from the sea and moored at what is now the northwestern shore of the lake. The lake was fully formed by the fourth century AD when enough silt was thrown up to cut a body of water away from the sea. The landscape around West Lake has been highly developed since the Tang dynasty, but there has always been ongoing work - even today, sensitive reconstructions and recreations are occurring. One nice thing is that the surrounding gardens all have a different feel and theme, providing a varied experience.

West Lake is divided by two ancient causeways (Su Di and Bai Di). Its eastern shore abuts the city centre, and is lined by high-end hotels, restaurants and cafes. The other shores, particularly the western shore, are lined by tranquil gardens, pagodas and villas, backed by green hills. There is a very good tourist map available from hotels and the tourist office, with details of the lake shore attractions.

Leifeng Pagoda

by Willettsworld

This 72 meter pagoda is one of the famous structures over looking West Lake. It was originally constructed in the year AD 975 at the order of King Qian Chu (born Qian Hongchu) of Wuyue. It was built to celebrate the birth of Qian Chu's son, born to Huang Fei, one of his favourite concubines but it collapsed in 1924 but was rebuilt in 2002. The eight-sided, seven-storey pagoda has thirteen upturned eaves, which get progressively narrower towards the top. A spiralling staircase leads to the top of the Pagoda, where the views over West Lake are shear magic. Parts of the original pagoda can still be seen in the lower levels of the reconstructed pagoda (see next tip).

Open: 7.30am - 9pm. Admission: Y30 plus Y10 to climb to the top.

Comments