Zhejiang Xin Yu City Hotel

Ctrip.com
crewrower's Profile Photo

Zhejiang Xinyu City Hotel

by written on April 2, 2007

Stayed March 2007; I just showed up in Hangzhou and was looking for a place near West Lake but not so close that the price would be ridiculous. This place has a nice looking lobby so I walked in and ended up staying there. The rack rate for a single room or standard is RMB518, and I feebly negotiated it down to 350. I had been bicycling all day and wasn't much in the mood to ask for lower (they said their best price was 388, and accepted my counter offer of 350 without much resistance, but said I couldn't have breakfast included. When I told them the next day was my birthday, which was true, they said ok I could have breakfast - but now I see the web rate is 330 including two breakfasts, so it's not like I got a deal and feel they were kind of cheap to try to deny the breakfast, especially since the breakfast was really bad. OK, so I'm talking about the bad things, so I'll list them first: breakfast was worthless, tastless and non-plentiful Chinese style buffet. A 10yuan bowl of noodles from a roadside restaurant would have been more satisfying. Also bad was the "cheap" feel of the in room ammenities, basically very little was included in the room, e.g. no packages of instant coffee or tea, no bottled water, etc. They did have tea leaves but they were in a refillable container ~ an interesting cost saving approach since the hotel can just add more leaves to the container, but perhaps not the most sanitary approach. The carpet in the room and hallway had seen better days.

The good - I stayed on the 19th floor (21 floors total) and it was very quiet, which was nice because the street is noisy at night but I didn't hear any of that. The bed was very comfortable with good sheets and pillows. Lobby was nice.

Bottom line - if you're looking for a mid range option and location is not the most important thing but you still want to be near to the West Lake, this place is a reasonable choice. There is also another hotel next door and one set to open across the street. So you can check out the area and compare.

Nearby Zhejiang Xin Yu City Hotel

Amenities at Zhejiang Xin Yu City Hotel

• Business Services

Hangzhou Travel Forum

Need advice about Hangzhou, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Hangzhou and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hangzhou hotel reviews

Hangzhou New Century Hotel
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Home Inn (Hangzhou Zhonghe Middle Road)
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review