Christmas Island Hotels
Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 1418
Lodging: Other choices
These are a few other lodgings I came across on the island:
- Mango Tree Lodge (Off Settlement, towards North East Point)
- Captain's Last Resort, Captain's Cabins and Retreats (Settlement)
- Christmas Island Lodge (Poon Saan)
- The Sanctuary (Settlement, towards Rocky Point)
May soon re-open again in 2007:
- Coconut Grove Backpackers (Settlement, towards Rocky Point)
- Christmas Island Resort [the former Christmas Island Casino] (Ethel Beach)
- Reviews: 1418
VQ3 Lodge: Comfortable budget accommodation
Stayed here for 5 nights before I moved up a notch to The Sunset. Had room 122 on the 2nd storey, and from the common veranda, I could spy the ocean from the railings.
There is a common kitchen here so I actually cooked some meals. The rooms are smaller than The Sunset and not as airy and bright, but all rooms have Twin, Queen or King Size Bed, Private Ensuite, Air-conditioning and/or ceiling fan, Telephone/Interent Access/Private Messagebank, Television, Mini Fridge and Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities. Machine-operated washing machines and dryers are also available.
There are Superior Rooms and Standard Rooms to choose from. There is one Superior Spa room as well. My room was the only room accessible from the veranda. Most of the rooms shared a common balcony facing the main road instead. 1 room, Room 116 on the ground floor, faces the driveway.
There are tables and chairs on the common veranda so I actually have some of my meals here. The veranda faces the forest behind so while in the day, it's quite beautiful with the forage, it does receive an invasion of insects (especially mosquitoes) at night.
The fact that it has a kitchen will cater well to the budget-conscious.
- Reviews: 1418
The Sunset: Great place to unwind and catch a sunset
I stayed 2 nights at The Sunset, the more upmarket sibling of the VQ3 Lodge. Both were run by Angela and her husband Dennis (Angela has been most helpful in answering my queries). Located in Settlement along Gaze Road, on a rocky outcrop. You can actually hear the waves break on the rough water edge.
Stayed in room 201 (Superior Ocean View), which is in a most lovely location, as it looks over the pool and yet provided great views for sunsets over Christmas Island. The room is on the 2nd storey so I receive the additional privacy of a balcony. (It is here I spent plenty of time, reading a book, sipping coffee and just drinking the view and sunsets in)
There is a small pool which was a favourite with the kids. Guest can cross the road to the VQ3 Lodge and use the kitchen there.
There are 3 types of rooms: The Superior Ocean View, Ocean View and Standard. Each fully serviced room offers Twin, Queen or King Size Bed, Private Ensuite, Air-conditioning and ceiling fan, Workstation, Telephone, Internet Access, Television, Microwave, Mini Fridge & Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities.
The room was airy, spacious and comfortable.
My favourite spot was the balcony.
Living on island time was a luxury.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Courtyard® By Marriott
- Book Courtyard Hotels at Official Site. Find Locations Worldwide. www.marriott.com/Courtyard
- Vets Cancer Compensation
- Atomic Veterans Receive $75,000 See If You Qualify - Free and Easy www.atomicveteran.info/
- Where Is Christmas Island
- Search for Where Is Christmas Island Look Up Quick Results now! www.ask.com/Where+Is+Christmas+Island
Explore the World
- Christmas Island Hotel
- Compare Christmas Island Rates Get Cheapest Rates with TripBase www.tripbase.com/Christmas-Island
- 2 Christmas Hotels
- Up to 60% Off Christmas Hotels. Christmas Hotel Deals From Us! christmas.onetime.com/Hotels
- The Island Accommodation
- The Island Accommodation, Newhaven. No reservation costs. Great rates booking.com/TheIslandAccommodation
- The Inn Pigeon Forge $173
- New! 4* The Inn Pigeon Forge $173. Always the Best Rate for Your Hotel www.trivago.com/TheInnPigeonForge
- Christmas Island Hotels
- Find the Exact Hotel You Want! Compare Prices and Save up to 75%. christmas-island.hotel.net/