9 Cheong Tat Road, Chek Lap Kok, Chek Lap Kok, Hon

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Good transit option

Not noisy, comfortable and good facilities. I recommend it if it is within your budget and you want to stay close to the airport.

More about Regal Airport

by MacKiwi about Regal Airport Hotel

The Regal Airport hotel is connected directly to the passenger terminal of the Hong Kong International Airport by a covered walkway. Regal Airport Hotel is a first-class international hotel providing en route passengers, business travellers and sightseeing tourists with state-of-the-art guestrooms and suites, cutting-edge conference facilities, a line-up of culinary delights as well as extensive recreational facilities.

Accomodation Near Hong Kong International Airport

by coolpanda87 about Regal Airport Hotel

Located near Hong Kong International Airport, the Regal offers comfort at a modest price. Though services may be a little slow, it is still alright.

However, Regal is far from all the other attractions in Hong Kong, so only stay here if you are planning to explore Lantau Island or if you are only having a stopover at Hong Kong International Airport.

Free Accomodation

by dln6874 about Hong Kong Airport

I arrived in Hong Kong in the afternoon, and had a flight out the next morning. Being that it was winter time and I had been to HK before, I decided to hang out in the airport for the night. They don't really want you to lay down anywhere, but you can sit in one of the seats and sleep. I chose the nice plush lazy boy type chair in front of the CNN TV to sleep. I didn't actually sleep much the night before so I was quite tired, so I didn't have much trouble falling asleep. I also spent the evening working out at the Regal Airport Hotel's health club (HKD150). That's how I got my shower for the night too. - CNN on big screen TV
- Free use of internet
- shopping and dining
- can pay for use of health club in nearby hotel
- clean facilities

Good place to spend layover time

by TripAdvisor Member Maryana

We were pleasantly surprised by the Regal Airport Hotel. Large spotlessly clean room, big size bathroom with great shower, king size bed and lots of channel on TV, lunch buffet had lots of food veriety.
We sure recommend this place for tired travellers.

Only Stay if you need to be close to the airport

by TripAdvisor Member ying82

The location of the airport to the Regal is so convenient, but you should only stay at the Regal only if you need to be close to the airport. Of course transportation into the city is very convenient, but it still takes about almost an hour to get to Central.

The rooms were nice and clean. Surprisingly, with being so close to the airport, you couldn't hear the planes.

The breakfast buffet was extremely overpriced...you can easily pick something up at the airport shops/restaurants for a much cheaper price.

Again, just stay at the Regal Airport Hotel only if you need to be close to the airport or AsiaWorld Expo.

Kong Hei Fat Choi! Happy New Year!

by TripAdvisor Member Mickey-lovingKiwi

I was lucky enough to go to Hong Kong for a week in February to participate in the Chinese New Year Celebrations. I stayed with a performance group for 5 nights at the Regal Airport Hotel. I cannot comment too much on the price of the Hotel, because I didn't have to pay for the accommodation, but I can comment on other things.

The room was ok - not as fancy as some other hotel rooms, but nice enough. The wide twin beds were hard, but ok. On a number of occasions we had to call Housekeeping to request an iron and ironing board (blasted uniforms) and these were always brought up promptly.

I enjoyed the buffet breakfast ($188) which I thought was expensive, and on other days I ventured into the terminal to have other stuff - namely fresh baking - gotta love those cheesey cakes... My colleague and I also enjoyed the outdoor/indoor pools and the wet and dry saunas. The changing rooms are very nice. We also had an hour' s massage each (to kill time and relax before one of our performances) and although again expensive, very nice. If you are staying in a hotel, I guess you expect to pay hotel prices...

The proximatey to the airport is great - the air train into town is great, and the restaurants around the airport are ok. The best one we found was The Macau Harbour in Terminal Two - a huge selection and a fantastic waiter - ask for Felix. We went back two nights in a row to see him!

Personally, if staying in Hong Kong for a few nights, I would choose to stay somewhere in town, but the Regal Airport is good for a stopover.

Stay here only if you must be close to the airport

by TripAdvisor Member funkymonkey88

I stayed here 8/28-8/29 for 2 days. I received a discounted rate of approximately 1200/night, which amounts to about 154 US. This hotel is not a 4 star US standard. I would give it maybe a 3 star, it feels more like a holiday inn type room. It is bigger than a normal size hong kong room, but no fancy soap or shampoo, just your basic amenities. I am in agreement with the majority of the reviews, this is an overpriced hotel for a standard room. If your flight leaves at 3:00am in the morning you might consider staying here, but with the convenience of the subways and buses, you have a better choice of hotels elsewhere. Also review your bill or have maid or somebody go thru room with you after you check out if possible, I received an extra 2nd $9.00 US ($68.00 HK) charge on my credit card bill (This was not for the room tax nor 10% service charge. These 2 items were added to 1st credit card charge) I have no clue what this is for as I avoided the overpriced mini bar and took none of their amenities or towels. I dont plan to dispute the charge because the hassle of getting refunded will just aggravate me more, but for the rest of you, please beware.

Surprisingly pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member Carpinteria

After reading reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor and other sites, I was prepared for the worst. Though others complained about poor service, less than perfect rooms, etc., I found very little evidence of this. Instead, I encountered a very friendly and efficient staff and a newly redecorated facility. My spouse arrived before I did (we stayed our first night at the airport in Hong Kong before that), and she chose to pay to upgrade to the executive floor, which included a very fast Internet connection for my laptop in the room, a full and excellent breakfast, and access to the business lounge (which has a few computers for guest use). The location very much suited our purposes (after a leisurely breakfast the next day, we changed, as planned, to a hotel on Hong Kong Island, where we stayed for several nights). The airport is a long way from town (even with the fast train), so staying here for business or pleasure for several days and commuting to the city is not a viable option. However, if you have business for only a day in Hong Kong or Kowloon, staying here may be very convenient. I'd stay here again if I needed to be at the airport very early or very late. I did find that if I booked on-line directly with the hotel (through the Regal booking site) that they often offer an advance pre-paid booking Internet special that is far less than the rates of traditional booking services. Maybe it was an unusual experience (or the fact that we upgraded to the executive floor), but we very much enjoyed our brief stay and were a bit sorry to leave.

Busy Hong Kong

by Openseas

"Day One - Around the world trip."

Wednesday 5th July.

After leaving customs we walked over to the Regal Airport Hotel and found that the hotel did not have our booking. So after hassling with the staff about our room rate we were given rooms 7086 and kid’s room 7132. We decided we would all have a few hours sleep before venturing out to explore Hong Kong. We arranged to meet in the lobby at 10.00am; the kids were starving so they ventured off to have a good hearty breakfast, whilst Peter and I had a horrible cup of coffee in the hotel café.

We took the train to Kowloon Station and the free shuttle bus to Nathan Street. The weather was humid and hot, and as usual I was totally overdressed in my winter clothes. My overnight bag, packed by me was something else, I don’t know where my brain was when packing in Sydney, but I somehow managed to bring three summer tops and nothing to wear with them.

Walking down Nathan Street was interesting, as the kids were totally amazed by the lively chaotic crowds that filled the streets. not to mention the endless supply of shops. After strolling down Nathan Street, we walked to The Peninsula Hotel and had some lovely, refreshing fruit juices before heading out into the horrid heat and humidity that somehow immediately drenched and saturated the entire body in a heavy perspiration and sweat. We all decided that we could never live in Hong Kong, mainly because of the humidity and also the endless stream of crowds and shops.

We strolled down to the ferry terminal and took the ferry to Hong Kong Island and walked around Causeway Bay and had lunch in a typical Chinese restaurant. The meal was simple just fried rice and a few meat dishes. After lunch we took the train to Mokkok to see the ladies markets to explore the many stalls selling fake merchandise and cheap clothing and items.

The heat was becoming very uncomfortable, so we all agreed to return back to the hotel for a much needed swim to cool off. The kids played around in the pool for a few hours whilst I managed to have a short siesta before departing for our overnight flight to Johannesburg. Again Peter and I managed to get exit rows and the kids a few seats behind us.

Regal Airport Hotel LobbyRegal Airport Hotel Lobby

regal airport hotel

by drjlim

1. Will be staying for two nights at the regal airport hotel. Which side or view of the hotel should i request (runway or eaview or parking view)? Preferrably facing the sunset too.
2. What would be the cheapest way to get to the kowloon at night and will there still be transportation available after midnight going back to the hotel?

Re: regal airport hotel

by kwokfhy1

there will be metro to kowloon until midnight (approx 13USD each way), it will take about 45 minutes.

After the midnight, there are plenty of overnight bus virtually from everywhere in kowloon to the airport, it will cost you no more than $10 usd

Re: regal airport hotel

by mim95

the cheapest way is always the bus. Which route to take depends on where you are in Hong Kong. Have exact change when boarding the bus or use the more convenient Octopus Card. The "A" route is the fastest, the "E" route is the slowest, but if you want to see more of the local housing and streets, this is a nice way.

Here are the details: