Booth Lodge Hong Kong

The Salvation Army - Booth Lodge
Agoda.com HotelTravel.com AMOMA.com

• Nita300's Profile Photo

Very Accesible by MTR

We were supposed to stay in a boutique hotel but opted here because of the cheaper rates and accesibility. I am so glad we did! Because it was run by the Salvation Army, I thought it would be really low class and dirty, but from the reviews I read via the web, I was convinced to try it. I'm not regretting my decision.
    From the airport, we rode the train to the city and then rode the taxi to the hotel.The doorman is very friendly ( read: always looking for a tip =) specially if you need to hail a cab (only time we did this was we went back to the airport). The price included breakfast for 2. We 2 kids with us (9 and 11) and the upon checking out, we weren't charge the breakfasts they took. When I strated booking, I thought the breakfast was not that important since its very easy to buy in the fast food-- Mcdonalds outside the hotel.. but their buffet breakfast was very filling and very heavy so we had energy for the whole morning: milk, coffee, tea (superb brewed tea every morning!) congee, noodles, sausages, rice, eggs, etc. The beds were a little hard for my tastes but the place smelled clean.

Unique Quality: There's a terracce where you can take your breakfast. The hotel is VERY ACCESIBLE. It's right in the middle of Nathan Road so we were practically in the center of everything. Right next door are malls, restos, mini marts, the midnight markets and the MTR station.

Value for Money.

If I coud change something, it would be the beds.. a little bit hard on the back.

I would stay there again if I can but would upgrade to a bigger room since the double is too small for my family (2 adults, 2 kids)

Directions: from Yau Ma Tei MTR staion, cross Nathan Road and head south. You will street going uphill after around 200 meters of walking, the building at the crest is the Caritas Blanchi College, beside it is the Booth Lodge.

• DesertRat's Profile Photo

Most Bang for your Buck

Don't be put off by the Salvation Army association. This is a great place to stay with a great location. Although you don't have the view of the Star Ferry YMCA, you get a more pleasant room, and much better service. The staff is very keen to keep everyone happy; the food in the restaurant is as good as it is reasonably priced; and it's set back from Nathan Road, so it's not noisy.

Unique Quality: The terrace, which is just off the restaurant, is a delightful place for breakfast.

Directions: Wing Sing Lane is just off Nathan Road and more or less opposite the Yau Ma Tai MTR station. Beware of the iron fence in the road, which stops you from walking straight across the road, though!

Comments