Butterfly On Wellington

Butterfly on Wellington
Orbitz.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hong Kong

Nighttime view of Hong Kong's skyscrapersNighttime view of Hong Kong's skyscrapers

Nathan Road at nightNathan Road at night

KowloonKowloon

the egg...the egg...

Disneyland ticket

Hi guys,

I have a question, should I buy the disneyland ticket online or should I buy it at the entrance? Is the ticketing queue be long on a Tuesday?

Thanks.

by kaps_4

Hi!

It depends what month and day of the week you are visiting. We had bought the tickets online just to avoid the q and I think they were offering some discounts, but as far as I remem there wasn't much of a q for tickets prolly it was a week day.

We had visited HK Disney in the 1st week of Dec. I think it was Mon / Tue.

Kaps

by entaro

kaps, thanks for the reply.. I'm going on the 2nd of Novemeber and it's a Tuesday, I guess the queue won't be too long then.... so probably I will buy it at the entrance unless someone else can advise more...

by mim95

You should be fine since is during the weekday and usually there aren't that many people unless it's a major holiday.

by AVSENT

Since, it is getting close to your departure date- I think I would wait until you arrive. But, that is only my experience with it. There are other options other than online and at the Disney gate. I got mine from the hotel I stayed in at their travel desk. A very nice lady helped me and I think I got a discount or paid the same price-but, it was super convenient to get them from her so, I did. And, since I already had a Metro pass, I took the train there and since I already had the ticket that got me onto the Disney railway to the gates(didn't have to pay). So, if you are planning on taking the train there-then yes buy before you get to Disney.

by AVSENT

Also, alot of places have promos in Hong Kong-if your lucky you can land one and pay less or nothing(just like places in Florida sell Disney). Again, almost any hong kong travel agent can get you tickets.

by entaro

Thanks everyone for the reply... I will try to get the ticket when I'm in HK... maybe I can get a good deal ;)

Travel Tips for Hong Kong

Weather

by ZiOOlek

First at all, when travelling to Hong Kong during summer be ready. Temperatures are very high and what is more, humidity is very high. When I went outside the building I had no air to breath! I had to get back and prepare to go out. What is more, you cloths will be wet after several minutes.

Visit Stanley on the other...

by Plookie

Visit Stanley on the other side of HK. Great Shopping! Visiting the giant Buddah on Lantau island. This is an incredible sight to see. You must also have lunch there. The monk's grow their own vegetable's, great ***aki mushroom's. Also on the other side of lantau island is the small fishing village of Tao.

EAT!!!!!!!! especially dim...

by pelagos

EAT!!!!!!!! especially dim sum! But travellers beware, don't go for fake dim sum, some of them are simply stuffed with flour but local people still eat them as a snack. If you're new, go to established restaurants before you hunt around for other goodies. Temple Street is a great place for bargaining and if you're lucky, getting Polo Ralph shirts (sometimes GENUINE) for as cheap as HK$10!!!! The night view is simply fabulous. THe food is even more fabulous. Hong Kong is too much. You must see for yourself.

Free online Map

by backpackerbaby

Get troubles in locating your hotel? Wanna know where the closest MTR station is? This online map can help you a lot. Just type the name of the street/hotel/building in the box next to "ADDRESS" and then "SEARCH" for it.

It's really the best online HK map, user-friendly and FREE. Check it out and bookmark it!!!

Arrivals

by Princess_Emily

Passport control is behind you and your now looking for your suitcase at the baggage belt, if you would have tagged it with a Virtual Tourist baggage tag you would have already found it ;-).
After claiming your baggage you will walk past a tourist info stand, if it's your first time in Hong Kong stop and pick up a brochure and some things to do and see tips from the employees.
You have arrived and have no hotel reservations don't worry, at this counter you can check on which hotels have rooms free and make a reservations.
If your only staying for a few hours and don't want to carry all your luggage around with you, then place it in safe keeping at the Left Luggage area.
Need a ride to town, pick up an octopus card at the information stand found in the center of the arrivals hall.

Comments