No.54-64 Nathan Road, Mirador Mansion, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• barbie_sunrise's Profile Photo

Budget Guesthouse

The Place is in Nathan Road. Near MTR Station and so going around Hong Kong is very accesible. The room is small and clean but it needs a little more improvements. The receptionist is very accomodating.

• Cosmic Guest House Kowloon, Hong Kong.

I would advise against going to this hostel. Think really hard before you book. It's not worth it. We had a very disappointing stay. The lady in charge/manager (in her 50's / morning shift) was the rudest and most discourteous ever to her customers. She doesn't treat her customers very well. Extremely rude, extremely uneducated, she raises her voice, she's always annoyed, and she snap at her customers the moment she losses her very bad temper. We really don't know what her problem is, but, we are paying customers and I don't think this is the way to do business. Very bad attitude and I'm wondering why setting up this kind of business if you don't learn to treat your customers with respect and dignity.

For the room, it is filthy, the white bed sheets looks like it has not been changed for weeks. It has some hairs and dander left from previous customers and we're afraid we might get some skin disease or something. The blankets and pillows smells, and the towels has yellow stains that I don't want to mention what it is. The room and toilet is so small that it can induce clausterphobia. The shower curtain is infested with mildew and the table is very dirty and rusted. We can't even put our stuff on top of it. We had to transfer to a bigger deluxe room, but not after getting a rude scolding from her. Even after transferring, the condition of the room doesn't meet the standard of basic cleanliness. Keeping our composure, we didn't engage her as we don't want to ruin our trip because of her. We really had no choice because we already paid in advance and no refunds at all.

There are other guest house in Kowloon who knows how to treat their customers well. This will be our last stay and I really hope you won't be the next to experience such inhumane treatment.

This is their website:

Do not believe the pictures as this is fake. Their company profile is all fake. This is a false advertisement and marketing which they can be held liable in court.

Always the motto, "If you can't treat your customers well, others will."

Directions: Tsim Tsa Tsui MRT Station

• sonalagrawal's Profile Photo

Economical n Reliable

Thinking for a trip or for a roamntic vacation is easy..if everything is settled in advance like the hotels,dining places,sight seeing etc...But this process takes a lot of time and dedication to find the perfect hotel,dining palces,sight seeing places as in the absence of this information we might end up in spoiling our trip...and left with no option other then returning home empty handed...
    So to avoid all such problems ...I planned to search for all the options about everything related to Hong Kong..this is waht I always do before I paln to visit any place...

The most strenous part was picking the right place to lodge during our tour....I always prefer staying in a place which has all the basic amenities one might require and the location...this two things matter a lot for me and my hubby too think the same....though we stress a lot on hygiene,safety and services..

The area in Nathan road is flooded with this type of guesthouse..so if u dont happen to get a booking in the above one ..u are always left with a lots of choices...though I personally dont know about the other one...but hope they r good too...

Have a nice stay...If needed any help regarding this feel free to mail me....mails unrealted are not expected...
    So while just going thru the different options suggested by freinds(who have been their already),browsing the net...we finally ended up for some guesthouses on the busiset streets of Hong Kong...

I got the best deal and sort of relief by making a boking at the "COSMIC GUEST HOUSE"in the Kowloon district of Hong Kong...Additional information on :
    Its always better to make a booking in advance as these guest houses are always packed with commuters n travellers...So before leaving for Hong Kong we just made a call to the guest house owner "Moma Love",and paid her on boarding day..(Its always better to pay their on boarding instead of making any bank transfer)

They have the best facilities one can expect..basically its a backpackers place so one cant think of big bedrooms,showy bathrooms,flairy curtains n so....but they are the best in cleaniless,security,safety,wifi connectivity,airconditioner in all the rooms,laundry service along with trained staff...
    So if u happen to be in HK and dont wanna spend much on lodging and wanna safe place to stay..opting for the guesthouses are the best options....
    More options about the guesthouses are their on:

Hong Kong doesnot have big rooms so better dont expect a big bedroom..though the bathrooms are very small but fully equiped with all the facilties..so no worries!!!!
    They wont have a pictursque view form their window(infact sum rooms dont even have windows to look out)..

Unique Quality: Devoid of any brethtaking view,swimming pools,luxurious rooms ,magnificient halls ..it has the following:
    1.Hygienic
    2.Easy connectivity to MTR and city buses
    3.Clean and well equipped bathrooms
    4.Wifi connectivity 24*7
    5.Laundry service
    6.Well versed and trained staff
    7.Booking over phone accepted...avoid making any booking over internet,as though they dont make regular access to their id..

Directions: Option 1: By Citybus A21 Route (Popular)
    Travel Time: 50 min Cost: HK$ 33.00

Option 2: By Taxis ( Convenient )
    Travel Time: 25 min Cost: HK$ 300.00

Option 3: By MTR Airport Express to Kowloon Station
    Travel Time: 30 min Cost: HK$ 110.00

• julia687's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay

Cosmic Guest House is in the Mirador Mansion which is a huge building full of other places to stay, businesses and shops. It has a great location on Nathan Road, the MTR station is next door and its about a 10 minute walk from the star ferry.

The GH its self was nice and clean and the owner was friendly giving me a bottle of water when I checked in.
    The room was clean, comfortable and even had a tv. It is very small but that is normal for Hong Kong and really not a problem as you are hardly in the room.The bathrooms are all ensuite but is rather on the small size too as you can see from my photo, you basicly have to sit on the loo while you shower!
    The security here was really good too, though they do not have any safety deposit boxes.

I am a female solo traveller and never once felt unsafe in the Mirador or in Hong Kong. Overall if you are looking to do HK on the cheap this is a great place place to stay. I'd certainly stay here again if I find myself back in Hong Kong

Unique Quality: Great location on Nathan Road

Directions: Near the Holiday Inn, next to MRT station

• fiLination's Profile Photo

Cosmic Guest House

Coming to Hong Kong from Taiwan (EvaAir - about 200US$), I used the Tourist Information Services at the airport to get a place to sleep, not having any guidebook with me what so ever. The price range I can afford is of the hostel-guesthouse non-dorm tourist class, hoping for something between 10-20US$. After giving me the first formal list of the international hostels running in HK for dorms going for a lot more than I expected, I was referred to the notorious HK Kowloon Mansions. I was given a list of approved Guest Houses and then directed to take the A21 Airport bus heading to Star Ferry and take off one stop before the final one.

Getting off the bus, I had the first contact with the Koowlon atmosphere, having various races approach me with either offers of a Guest House or other solutions to "human needs". Like many other traveler, being tired and flight dirty, I ended up following a relatively decent man to his Guest House up at Mirador Mansions. I wasn't really prepared for the concept of Mansions, having experienced a different style of living at the less expensive Asian countries (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and even Sinagpore and Taiwan), I was a bit shocked. After two nights at a place that I didn't really like at the 13th floor, I made a good move to the 12th floor where I finally found a decent, clean and relatively bigger Guest House that was pretty good. I got to warn you that I've looked around at some of the neighboring Nathan RD Mansions, and seeing what goes on over there and the rooms offered I ran away. It sometimes gets really scary.

Cosmic Guest House is ran by two Mandarin Chinese ladies (which was easier for me) who also speak very good English. They have a variety of rooms, of all kinds. I stayed in a fairly big rooms in HK standards that had a private toilet/shower attached, AirCon, phone and a TV which was a 160HK$. The ladies will help you with HongKong information, laundry services etc. and rooms are provided with Wireless connection or Internet usage for relatively cheap.

Directions: Kowloon, HongKong

More about Cosmic Guest House

Cheap, around 100-200HKD rooms

by graphics1976 about Mirador Mansion / ChungKing Mansion

cheap rooms at the Mirador Mansion / ChungKing Mansion. Mirador is better quality, and i recommend that. (like "usa hotel", 13th floor and 'cosmic guesthouse' on 12th floor'.

*usa hotel, 13th floor has dormitories for 50hkd, and single rooms for 160-200hkd

*update: chung king mansion is not really safe, not recommended.

*update: mirador mansion, 12th floor has good quality rooms with iron doors and electric locks. about 240hkd a night. with shower, fridge. cheap

home to many 'cubicle' hostels

by bpwarne about Mirador Mansion

The Mirador Mansion Building, on Nathan Road, very near the harbour, is home to many, many small popular hostels. While the building is definitely a huge eyesore, it is very convienently located to most major tourist sights, if you are looking for strategically located, cheap lodging, and if you can see beyond it's outward shabbiness, the Mirador Mansion may very well suite you. Check hostels.com, hostelz.com and hostelworld.com for available hostels in this building. One of the ugliest buildings on Nathan Road, aka: The Miracle Mile.

For the budget travellers

by MizBlack about Taiwan Hotel

The taiwan hotel is unlike what it's name suggest is actually a hostel in chunking mansion. Rooms are clean and well mantained although the toilet is pretty small compared to the previous hostel which i had stayed in in mirador mansion. Rooms are priced at around HKD300 for a twin room. The downside of this hostel is that the staff are unable to converse well in english and it is located at chunking mansion which in my opinon, is more seedy than mirador mansion although the hostel itself is safe. (A lot of foriegn workers seemed to be living in chunking mansion). Lone female travellers are not advised to take up a lodging at chunking mansion.

50 HKD dormitory bed - Mirador Mansion

by graphics1976 about USA Hotel (changes name every now and then..)

50HKD bed, 2 toilets in the room.
(with hot shower, but no towels).
OK place to sleep.
(total about 12-14 beds in the room.)

*update: usually many foreigners staying here and i have not heard any problems with thieves or other things. cheap

Cheap places in Hongkong

by lotharscheer

Anything reasonable in Hongkong is very cramped, ist now usual cheaper to book oneline, try for instance:
I prefer places in Mirador Mansion Nathan rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, for convinience of location, next door Chung King Mansion is all right as well (nice Indian food upstairs)

Great little hideaway in downtown Hong Kong

by K1W1 about Merryland Guest House

Jenny the owner is very friendly and showed us a great little place on the 6th floor of the Mirador Mansion called Merryland Guest house. It has just been redone and looks new. Keep in mind this is Hong Kong and everything is small. The double room, complete with ensuite, A/C and TV, has a window and cost 200 HKD. This price will fluctuate as prices for rooms next door without window have since gone up to 350 HKD because of the Chinese holidays.
If Winnie is not there, try her other guesthouse on the 13th floor. Very clean

Mirador Mansion, Nathan RoadMirador Mansion, Nathan Road

Mirador Mansion, Nathan RoadMirador Mansion, Nathan Road

Mirador Mansion, not all of Hong Kong is glamorousMirador Mansion, not all of Hong Kong is glamorous

Kowloon New Hostel

by dawn_charlotte

hi everyone,

my bf and i are going to hongkong on November 21-24, 2007 but we are on a budget. we found Kowloon new hostel in http://www.hostels.com/en/hk.ko.html their rates are cheap but with good rooms (based on the pictures posted). can anybody tell me how to contact them? i dont want to make reservations online becuase i dont want to indicate my credit card information. i would just like to call them and ask for details and will just get a room on the day itself. the said hostel is located in A3, 16/F Mirador Mansion, 58-62 Nathan Rd., Tsim Sha Tusi.

I Hope somebody can help us especiall those who are from hongkong.

Comments