387 Queen's Rd , Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China

Agoda.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Joseph69's Profile Photo

Close to most attractions!

Located just on the edge of the busiest area of Hong Kong island, it's a nice hotel close enough to all the main attractions.

It's a 10 minute walk to Times Square and nearby the Happy Valley Racecourse.

The rooms are on the smallish-side, but it does have air-conditioning, bar facilities, massage and 24 hour concierge.

Unique Quality: Free shuttle bus service to Times Square and to Hong Kong Central railway station.

• kenstan's Profile Photo

better than cosmo

The 1st time I went to Hong Kong I stayed at the Costmo Hotel these two hotels are owned by the same group the 2nd time I stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.Its nicer than the Cosmo and only about $5.00 more a night.If you stay at the Costmo you have to walk down to the Cosmopolitan anyway to get the shuttle so its worth the little more money a night. Free wire-less internet in the lobby and it works where in the Cosmo I could'nt get a signal. The rooms are small but nice for the price

• maria_hz's Profile Photo

Cosy Cosmopolitan

The Cosmopolitan hotel is a four star hotel centrally located in Hong kong island's Wan Chai District. The hotel is beautifully decorated and to our joy, there were several non-smoking floors. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly.

Note however that feng shui is serious business in Hong Kong, and rooms facing the nearby cemetery have film covering the windows, meaning you are not able to look out. We spent one night in a room like that, then decided to upgrade to a room with a view. The room was on the top floor and the view towards Wan Chai and the Happy Valley Race course was great. No races while we were staying, though.

I think the rooms are good value for money. Most rooms have showers, not baths, because space is at a premium in crowded Hong Kong. If you fancy a bath, be prepared to pay up.

Unique Quality: This hotel has not spent money on extra facilities, which is fine as you have anything you need just around the corner. And how much time will you spend in your room if you are in Hong Kong? The lobby bar is fine, and there are computer rooms close to the the entrance, and other usual facilities.

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

A nice place to stay

This was a really nice place to stay. The location was ok, i took a cab everywhere so im not to sure if it was walking distance to anything, but i think it was. The lobby was nice and it had internet service, in order to get internet in the rooms you had to pay. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The manager even offered to pay for our taxi to the train station because the shuttle was too full. The rooms are not the biggest, but then again there were 3 of us in the room, still it was smaller than most rooms im used to staying in. Other than that i would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hong Kong.

More about Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong

A good but not great option in HK

by TripAdvisor Member moose4580

Have stayed at the Cosmopolitan a few times now on business and once with my family. Service is average at best. Rooms are small which is typical in HK. The location is good next to Happy Valley race track and on a bus line. It's about four blocks to Times Square and the Causeway Bay MTR stop. The price is very good with our corporate membership arranged directly with the hotel. No exercise facilities. The restaraunt is very bad and expensive.

Nice Hotel, a little out of the city centre

by TripAdvisor Member jen83

Although this hotel is a little out of the city centre it was a pleasure to stay there. We stayed in a superior room which was larger than the average hotel room and was very modern, there was also a free minibus service into the city centre and directly to the city centre station which has a check in desk for most airlines so you can check on the morning of your flight, leave your suitcases and enjoy the rest of you day before flying home! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind staying out of the city centre.

Decent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Gary1726

We stayed for 3 nights in a 'Delux' room in mid December and both thought it was a decent little hotel. Having never been to HK before, I found the location to be very central and just a few minutes walk to the trams (the best way to get around HK island!)

Rooms were large, bed huge and very comfortable, and bathroom had some nice touches like a glass wash basin, bath though was tiny! Overall I think that for the money, you cant go wrong with this hotel. (P.S, I to was worried about all of these stories about the graveyard out the back, so get a Delux room or above, which all face the front and have great views of the skyline/reacecourse. Enjoy.

Wrong Floor plan in Cosmopolitian Hotel

Complaint 1: No bath tub in Standard Room
According to my booking record throught [-------], I had arrange a standard room for 11 nights. At the first night, I found that it had no bath tub in my room. The bathroom only had a handheld shower and with NO shower platform. After showered, the ENTIRE bathroom floor were all wet, slippery and surrounded with dirty showered water. My foot got wet each time when I went to bathroom after shower. It was difficult not to enter bathroom. I almost fell down few times. It was very dangerous and inconvenience. I asked front desk if I can change to a better room which has a bath tub. They said the room that I reserved has no bath tub. At this time I thought I must make a reservation mistake,so I didn't force them to change my room. I was suffered at this inconvenience situation for 11 nights during my vacation.

After I came back to US, I have checked [--------] and
Cosmopolitan hotel web sites. [-------]didn't stated that standard room did not have a bath tub. It said it has a handheld shower only. Then, I checked Cosmopolitan Hotel web site. The floor plan clearly stated that it has a bath tub in Standard Room. I was so mad after I found that out. If I know Standard room do not have bath tub, I would not arrange Standard room or even stay at Cosmopolitan Hotel during my vacation. I felt that i was cheated from them.

Compliant 2: Non-Smoking Floor same as Smoking Floor
I was staying on Non-Smoking floor. I found people
were smoking on that floor twice. I had complained
twice but the situation wasn't improved before I left.

**I don't think it is considered as a 4 stars hotel as they said in Cosmopolitian hotel web site. !!!

As a result, the hotel was clean enough. Services were OK. But it was not convenient enough connected to the main shopping center. If you are familiar in Hong Kong, I would recommended this hotel. Otherwise you should find another one which has a better location.

Good location, shame about the bed

We had a room overlooking the cemetary. The window was of course frosted but this was not a problem to us. We went to hong kong to see the city not to stay in a hotel room all day. The room was a little small, no bath but a good walk in shower. The bed however was very very hard, boardering on the uncomfortable. My wife didnt find it too bad but me.....
The room was perfectly cleaned everyday and the staff very helpful. We arrived at 9 in the morning and they managed to find us a room.
Some people have said they found the hotel to be a little out of the way...not at all. Use the tram just outside the hotel or you could use the bus, there is a stop also outside the hotel. Failing that the nearest MTR station is 10 min walk away at Times Square.
Overall we were happy with the hotel, we went to Hong Kong to see the city not to stay inside a hotel room all day. Good price, reasonable location. Hard bed.

Seaport

by PhilipPinoy

Is there a seaport near the Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong,or Causeway Bay?

RE: Seaport

by VHHH

There is a Marina Club by the sea in Causeway Bay. Go to Excelsior Hotel / World Trade Centre, and follow the signs to the Noonday Gun.

Comments