Eaton Hotel Hong Kong

Eaton, Hong Kong
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

What a great hotel

Eaton, Hong Kong in the heart of Kowloon and we loved this hotel. As part of our trip, it was booked for us by our travel agent as part of our, so we didn't know what to expect, and we really didn't expect such a great hotel in the middle of Kowloon.

And we didn't expect we had the E Club deal as part of the booking. This E Club offers the highest level of personalised service and is included if you have reserve the Club rooms or suites.

What this E Club offers is:
    • All day coffee and tea
    • Continental breakfast
    • Evening cocktails
    • Unlimited wireless/broadband internet access at the E Club
    • Extensive library and international newspapers
    • Complimentary pressing service of 2 garments per room per stay

OK, so not all that special, but our breakfast was, with DIm Sum and all kinds of lovely things, and a pancake machine that makes pancakes while you wait. Real coffee, chunks of cheese not wafer thin slices, and........

The room had a fantastic bay window from floor to ceiling, and tinted during the day so nobody can see in and you can stand there bo''ock naked if you want. We learned the hard way that this didn't work at night.

The room was spotless and it had everything we wanted, including free blu ray movies if you wanted them to view in the player.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to, well anyone really. And I so wish we had more time in Hong Kong, as I would have loved to have stayed in this hotel for a week or so.

• Wanderingjon's Profile Photo

Not bad, not brilliant either.

My main memory of this hotel is how tiny the rooms were. I think there was no more than 24 inches from the side of the (large) bed to the walls. The bathroom was clean but tiny - kept banging my head on the ceiling when I was in the shower (I'm 6'2"). The buffet restaurant was actually quite good here. Terrace good but small, if everyone wanted to drink here it'd be a problem. Bar was just to ok. But getting served in either was a real problem for us - they weren't on the ball at all. There is a small pool on the rooftop which, if empty (as it was for us) has quite a private and intimate feel to it. Location-wise, the famous Temple Street night market is literally outside the front door and across the road. But apart from that, Jordan district doesn't have much. The hotel is inconveniently located midway between MTR stations, so you'll have to walk to catch the subway. I don't think I'd stay here again, but it is quite reasonably priced so it's an OK budget option.

• Very good location

We had a double room although small was very comfortable, light was no good to read, we stayed 10 nights and were treated with great respect.
    Just DON'T shop at modern digital in Nathan road, they are rip off

Unique Quality: We were members of the E Club this gave us extra benefits, like free breakfast, discount on laundry and other discounts, free internet

Directions: Right on Nathan Rd easy to get to all areas

• jdpfu's Profile Photo

Small rooms, high price

My experience with the Eaton wasn't happy. The room wasn't ready at check in time, they bought us a drink. The room wasn't ready again 90 minutes later - well after they promised it would be. Rather than upgrade us, they had us wait another hour - no dinner or drink comped.

The room was small and internet service was not included.

We stayed at 2 other hotels in the area - one upgraded us to a suite and the other on Hong Kong Island was a fantastic hotel for 9 days.

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Comfortable and Cosy Hotel

I've stayed in the Marco Polo, the now defunct Ya Lan Hotel (Grand Tower), etc..in my own personal visits to HK. During this trip, we stayed in the Eaton Hotel, which was quite close to the Jordan MTR station and Temple Street. The room was small (which was expected) but clean and comfortable. We had some minor problems with the AC at night (3 am), we called the front desk and a maintenance engineer was sent to our room promptly. Good and prompt service.

• At the heart of TST

A great hotel on Nathan Road mid-way between Jordan and Yau Ma Tei MTR stations. Rooms are clean and functional and service is excellent. If budget allows, upgrade to e-club with free access to the e-lounge and free wi-fi access.

Directions: Near Temple Street market

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Unsatisfactory Service

I am usually easily pleased with hotels and I was looking forward to our stay in this hotel because it really looked nice inside.

However, I would not go back to this hotel because of the following reasons:
    1. We already came in a bit late than the usual check-in time, but we still waited almost 2 hours to check in.
    2. I know that hotel rooms in HK are usually small, but we were told we were being upgraded to de luxe, but the room was even smaller than any room that I have ever stayed in.
    2. My husband felt like he was having a high fever and no one from their staff could not understand what a thermometer is. Had to wait for the sun to come up to get to the nearest Watson's to get some medical stuff.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Luxury for not so luxurious prices

Stayed in a club superior room, Nov 2002. The room was small by US standards but big enough for 2 people to walk around in comfortably even with luggage out. Bathroom was stocked with almost all of the toiletries necessary (no hair conditioner), had a hair dryer, complimentary fruit basket. The bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows.

Convenient location near the Temple Street night market and Nathan St. shopping, close to the Jordan MTR station, about a 15 minute walk from the Star Ferry.

We didn't use the pool (outside) or weight room but both looked fine. Lobby was very nice. We didn't use the concierge but the rest of the hotel staff was very pleasant and efficient. Check in was very quick as was check out.

Breakfast buffet included in room rate was OK but a little low on selection - included 1 fish selection every morning, 1 breakfast meat, 1 egg selection, cereal, pastries, juice, miso soup, tea, coffee and fruit.

The Eaton was the 2nd to last hotel on the free airport shuttle from the Airport Express station so it took about 45 minutes to get to the hotel. If you are in a hurry, take a cab. The return trip to the Airport Express station was much quicker, maybe 10 minutes.

I thought it was a good value for the money, better than another hotel that we stayed at on our last night and would stay here again.

Directions: Kowloon, about a mile from the harbor

• 4Czens's Profile Photo

Eaton Hotel

I'm not sure how much it costs to stay here because it was part of a package. Sorry! But I don't think it would be extremely pricey.

Unique Quality: It's not a high-class hotel but I find the location very good. Just within walking distance to shops, the night markets, and MTR stations.
    The room was comfortable and the toilet clean. I slept peacefully the whole night through without any disturbances (which is very important if you want to wake up fresh the next day!)

Eaton Hotel has two computers for its guests to log on to the Internet FREE OF CHARGE! I found this MOST USEFUL as I could email my friends back home AND get replies quick!!! It's the coolest!!!

My mom stayed here when she was in Hong Kong and she liked the place too!

More about Eaton Hotel Hong Kong

Eaton Hotel

by RobKSA

Another few questions and help is appreciated.
I piece out the maps of the hotels and it looks like Eaton is actually the most central as far as location to everything is concerned. My aim is to be within walking distance of shopping and sites within Kowloon. My questions are:
1. How much time will it take to walk from Eaton Hotel to the Star Ferry.
2. How much walk time from Eaton to Prince Edward Road.
3. How much walk time from Eaton to let say Miramar Hotel.
4. How much walk time from Eaton to Ladies Market.

Thanks

RE: Eaton Hotel

by RovingWyvern

I don't know where the Eaton is located, but my HK page has links to 2 detailed maps. One can practically walked around HK. I did. I walked from the ferry up to the tram for Victoria's Peak, and that only took me 15 min.

RE: RE: Eaton Hotel

by RobKSA

Thanks for response, I have been actually looking at your Hong Kong pages. Eaton is in Yau Ma Tei, right after tsim tsa tsui.

RE: RE: Eaton Hotel

by RovingWyvern

That's gonna be FAR from the Star Ferry then. I walked up and down Nathan Rd and I'm still in TST. And I walk fast.

Comments