No.7 Metropolis Drive, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• npg's Profile Photo

excellent

i stayed 7 nights in a superior one-bedroom suite and it was great! i was just relaxing on holiday but this hotel is geared towards business men and women as well.
    i got a package that included breakfast each monring and a free newspaper. (the room had internet access as well)
    the room was serviced twice a day and the staff were very professional. the breakfast 6.00am>10.30am was great and the staff were always friendly. a very wide range of food to accomodate all tastes was served and replenished often. a chef/cook was also on duty on the floor doing the usual fry up and waffles etc. if you don't have a laptop you can use a computer in the business centre. it is a little pricey though at $45hkd per 15 mins.
    the room i stayed in was clean, fresh and modern with lots of natural light during the day.
    this room had 2 tv's, 1 in the b/room and 1 in the lounge with 40+ channels to choose from in most languages if you wanted to chill out for a while.
    joining the hotel is the metropolis shopping mall. there are lots of small restaurants and shops in there and from the mall you can access the hung hom metro station that is outside.
    also on the 1st floor there is an excellent food court that can get real busy at dinner time. it is open late so get there after 8pm or by 6pm if you want to have a choice of where to sit. the meal prices are cheap!
    the mall also has quite a few atm's as well
    another big plus is that it is quiet with almost no traffic noise so you will get a good nights sleep! compared to other hotels in kowloon, traffic noise can be a problem from early in the morning!
    WRAP UP> this hotel is not cheap but in an off period you can get great deals at cheap to affordable prices. if you can get the right deal or it is in your budget range then i highly recommend this hotel! i will be staying in this hotel again in the future!

Unique Quality: the view from the lounge room window was great.....during the day you could watch the boats on the harbour and at night you got a very good view of the light show that happens at 8pm on the harbour. the package i got included use of the pool and gym. the pool has a great view as well.
    the hotel also has a shuttle bus that runs every 20mins to the kowloon hotel in tsim sha tsui, right into the hustle and bustle of downtown kowloon and a short walk (5mins+) to the ferry's and the harbour light show. there is also another free bus that runs "about" every 12mins that will take you to the kowloon airport train station via half a dozen other pick up points. an approx trip of 20mins.(you could take this bus to elements shopping centre as it's above the kowloon airport train station)
    these 2 buses will save you a lot of money in taxi fares!
    a tip for laundry.....as you exit the lifts turn left and go into the metropolis shopping mall. the first shop on your left is called 'piggy white'.....it's a funny name but trust me do your laundry there....they do it by weight and it is really cheap. ironing and dry/clean is more.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Definitely recommended!

I have to say that usually I am the type to stay in hostels or 2 star hotels. But my friend who I was travelling with had stayed here before and recommended it, and it was a great choice!

There were 3 of us sharing a room, it had two single beds in one room (and TV), a lovely bathroom, small kitchen, dining (fresh fruit and bottled water left daily) and lounge room (with a sofa bed and another TV). It was a very comfortable place to stay. Plus they also had the very nice white dressing gowns and slippers available for use. The only problem we had is that we weren't given extra blankets for my friend sleeping on the sofa bed, but a quick call soon fixed that.

Our room had a very nice view over the swimming pool and out towards the west of the harbour.

Unique Quality: Service at the hotel was very good and the staff were friendly.

My friends and I ate dinner one evening at the Keng Yat Heen restaurant on level 8 of the hotel. The meals were good, if some a little small. The only problem we had was that we were unused to being so attended to by waiters, made me a little uncomfortable, but if you like prompt service then you will be happy. The views from the restaurant were picturesque.

A great quality of the hotel is its pool and jacuzzi. One of my friends and I got up early and lazed away in the pool, it was so relaxing I could have stayed there all morning. And if I could have fitted the jacuzzi into my suitcase I would have! I especially loved the part of it where you could lie down and it curves to fit your body, and you have jets massaging your feet, and another set massaging the back of your neck... so relaxing!

There is also a bar and dining area on the top floor. Apparently it is supposed to be for people who are there on business, but my friends and I were allowed up there to get a great view of the night skyline of the city and all its colourful buildings. Try to get up there if you can, and don't forget your camera!

Our transfers to and from the airport were booked with the hotel, so we didn't have to worry about anything as we were taken from doorstep to doorstep (so to speak).

We also booked our day tour of the city at our hotel, and were collected by a bus from the front of the hotel.

All in all it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• CL1706's Profile Photo

Highly Recommended

This Harbour Plaza Metropolis gives what you would expect from a well regarded hotel in Asia. Service is first class, as well as the breakfast which we had here each day.

The hotel is attached to a four level shopping centre and only a short walk (across a footbridge) from the Hung Hom Transport complex.

Unique Quality: The Harbour Plaza was one of only three hotels in Hong Kong we found where we could have two adults and three children in a relatively inexpensive double room.

The swimming pool here is terrific and from the pool you have a stunning view over the harbour toward Hong Kong Island.

The hotel also runs a FREE shuttle (and return) every 20 minutes to the Kowloon Hotel right in the heart of the Tsim Sha Tsui district.

• dewhaze's Profile Photo

Hotel with a Good Harbour View

I would strongly recommend this hotel as it was really comfortable and the view from the hotel was great. I could see Hong Kong island from my room. The staffs were really friendly as well and was very helpful in giving us directions as well as help us change our local currency into smaller notes when we just arrived.

Directions: Hung Hom / Tsim Sha Tsui East

• sahel578's Profile Photo

Beautiful View at a Great Price

I found this hotel on www.hotels.com. I was a bit worried because I had some trouble finding more information on it. But I need not to have been concerned. The room was not huge, but comfortable. The down comforter and pillows were a dream. And the VIEW! We looked directly out towards HK island. It was breathtaking at sunrise and at night.
    The best part of this hotel.. the fact that I paid about $75 USD a night for the room!

Unique Quality: The pool was very lovely. It was huge and looked out across the water to HK Island. There was a great little mall attached to the hotel with a very inexpensive but tasty food court.
    Free shuttle to and from Tsim Sha Tsui until 11 pm..

Directions: Just east of Tsim Sha Tsui East. Next to the Hung Hom train station and Hong Kong Collesium

More about Harbour Plaza Metropolis

A Pleasant Stay at Harbout Plaza Metropolis

by TripAdvisor Member JCThornhill

We stayed at the Harbour Plaza Metropolis from Dec 18 to Jan 1 and find it overall a pleasant experience. We booked a suite because we have 2 small children (age 7 & 4). I must admit I was a little worried because of some of the negative reviews posted on this website. When we checked in, we were upgraded to the Harbourview floor with a beautiful view of the Victoria Harbour and that was a nice beginning of the stay. The suite was spacious and clean, the kitchen well equipped. (I did find the hair dryer in the writing desk, a somewhat odd location). There was no bathtub but a nice shower stall ( that did cause some problem with my younger daughter since she hated showers). House keeping was efficient, but room service could improve a bit. However, every person we encountered at the hotel were friendly and helpful, it did not matter that we were Chinese speaking tourists, the Conciege was extremely helpful and efficient. The mall attached to the hotel was very convenient,(there was a laundry service at the mall which opened every day including X'mas and New Year Day with express service and at reasonable price, they even deliver to the hotel and that was a great plus). We ate at a couple of restaurants at the mall and they were OK.
The one compliant I have was the toilet, the water that used to flush the toilet sometimes seems to be brown and muddy and smelly, I usually flushed it more than once to get clear water. I think there is an issue and it seems from the other review that the hotel is doing something about, although we were not aware of any water disruption the whole time we were there and if thats the case, then hotel management should communicate the issue better with the guests.

Fantastic Location

by TripAdvisor Member SamPerth

My husband and I stayed at the Harbour Plaza Metropolis Hong Kong last year. This was our first trip to Hong Kong and we were very impressed with the convenient location. The hotel provided a free shuttle bus service for their guests, departing every 15min between 10.00am and 11.00pm. Every morning we took this shuttle bus into the heart of kowloon's busy city centre, which was only a 5min drive away.

The hotel lobby was very appealling. The customer service was good, however, some of the staff had difficulty understanding english. The rooms were simple, but clean. The only problem we had was the size of the room. It was extremely small. There was hardly any room to move let alone store our luggage. We had the hotel's full buffet breakfast each morning which was delicious. Overall we were satisfied with this hotel, due to its great location and friendly service.

Hong Kong's Best Kept 4 star hotel secret

by divaduck about Harbour Plaza Hotel, Tin Shui Wai, N.T.

You can stay at HPH in the New Territories out of the clamour of the city for less than half the cost of comparable accommodations in Tsim Sha Tsui or the island and travel by efficient fast train and the MTR wherever you want to go. Comfortable well furnished rooms available for around USD70. We happen to live in a companion HP property right across the courtyard and we are always pleased to put up our friends in the hotel side. *Great rooftop pool open April-October
*World class indoor gym and spa
*Near mall shopping, restaurants, cinema, supermarket and wet markets
*Beautiful views from upper rooms of the city and the central park
*Bike trails
*Near ancient villages
* Near excellent wetlands park
*Across the street from trolley line to new fast train to Kowloon where you can connect with subway system to HK island, etc.
*Private bus service to the airport on the hour and to Kowloon at regularly scheduled times

Not too impressed with the service!

by TripAdvisor Member YKim

We just returned home after staying 6 nights at the Harbour Plaza Metropolis.
We had booked 4 rooms and two weeks prior to our arrival, I sent an email to the hotel requesting for the rooms to be near each other, 2 with twin beds and 2 with double beds.
Upon arrival, we were told that our rooms had all been allocated on the same floor but unfortunately, only 2 were next to each other. The other 2 rooms were all the way across the other wing of the hotel and were about 3 doors away from each other.
On top of that, we were given only 1 room with twin beds and the other 3 rooms having a double bed each.
One thing to note about this hotel is that they do not have connecting rooms so if you are travelling as a family and needs to keep an eye on the kids, you might be better off in a suite.
The front desk lady,C****, who checked us in weren't too interested in helping us with our requests. We got the impression that she was hurrying to check us in so she can get on to the next customer.
Even though, we had to wait for three hours for the rooms to be ready. Our request for a late check out till 4pm was also denied by C****.
Finally, we got to speak to a more approachable lady, P**** who agree to let us stay in one room till 4pm provided that we release the other 3 rooms at 12pm.
We expected the rooms to be small but we didn't expect them to be so poorly maintained.
There was a smell of stale urine?/old shoes? in the room and the aircon was quit noisy. I think some of the other rooms have this problem because I saw the technicians servicing the aircon in 2other rooms on the same floor.
The grouting around the shower stall were stained a yellowish brown and the WC weren't scrubbed properly.
I suspect some of the rooms were undergoing a makeover because the twin bedded room had a bathtub which looks new instead of a shower.
We notice that the hotel staff seems to be friendlier towards the caucasians. The doormen, in particular, only greets the Caucasian guests but were suddenly struck dumb the moment they see any Asians. I wonder if the Caucasians are paying a much higher rate for the rooms?
I would look for another hotel next time I go to HongKong. With so many hotels, I'm sure there will be a better choice.

Convenient for Kowloon and Outlying island access

by TripAdvisor Member ss75

We (a group of 4 adults and one young child) spent 5 nights at the HP Metropolis. On the night of our arrival, we realised that we had been given two rooms with twin beds, not adjoining, rather than double beds-ok for adults but not for sharing with a baby (we did mention that we were travelling as a family unit with a young child and needed adjoining rooms). Point for the future - clearly specify that double beds were required, else rooms with twin beds may be allocated by default. What I found overall was that overall hotel reception was not particularly courteous and the concierge seeemed to be always in a hurry to hang up the phone or rush off instead of giving us a proper hearing when asked for general directions around Hong Kong. F&B staff at the resaurant were ok. Food options are good for non-vegetarians (we are vegetarians and so our options were limited). Rooms on the 17th Floor were very small. Our rooms on the 19th Floor which the hotel moved us into the next day are better especially with baby luggage. The free shuttle service to Tsim Sha Tsui etc are also useful and free shuttle to the Airport Express Stations are also useful. We also found the proximity to the Metropolis Mall and the Hung Hom Train station useful. Overall service quality of the hotel staff needs to be more pleasant. I would not stay there again for this reason.

HARBOUR PLAZA METROPOLIS

by branx

Hi all, I was wondering has anyone stayed at this hotel?? Is it near the train line that goes to shenzhen and how would you get to this hotel from airport...there are 6 of us travelling together? Thanks for your help.

RE: HARBOUR PLAZA METROPOLIS

by leokwan

Metropolis hotel is located in Hung Hom where is near the Hung Hom KCR station. It is a good choice if guests travel to China (Shenzhen and Guangzhou) very often as it is convenient to take train
Quality of Metro is good as well.

RE: HARBOUR PLAZA METROPOLIS

by joyce.tse

As for going from airport to hotel, you may take airport express to Kowloon Station and then a taxi (need 2 because 1 taxi can carry 5 pax only), around HK$40. I know there is group ticket (in 2, 3 or 4) and the price for 4 is HK$220 for single trip.

If you want to have point to point service, you may ask if there is shuttle arranged by the hotel and check out the price. This option is more expensive.

Cheers