Lucky Centre, 165-171 Wanchai Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China
Priceline.com HotelTravel.com Asiatravel.com

Rated 18% higher but also costs 49% more than other 2 star hotels

More about JJ Hotel

Not to be missed! JJ Hotel is Great!

by TripAdvisor Member artiztique

Stayed in JJ over the weekend and it was fantastic! Rooms were clean and relatively huge (HKG standard). Staff were friendly too. Highly recommended!

nice hotel, good value

by TripAdvisor Member walleve

i stayed in jj hotel with my mom and my sister, and we got this deluxe room for only HKD80 because the cheaper room which we booked was apparently unavailable by the time we checked in, anyway the room has this huge bed where the three of us can sleep on very comfortably, and also the size of the room is big enough and we can put our luggages and other stuff around without bothering our movement and the hotel is quite close to the mtr station about 5-10 minutes walk, and the tram is located just one block away so if u want to go around the hongkong island it's quite easy, also if ur looking fo halal food as it is so hard to find in hongkong, there are 2 halal food restaurant nearby.So if ure looking for a nice hotel with good price and good location, jj hotel is recommended

JJ is the way!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PacShak91

My wife and I read the reviews in TripAdvisor and decided to go for JJ Hotel. We did not want to stay in a very expensive hotel because, after all, we just needed a place to sleep, shower, and leave our shopping bags in. We knew that we would be out most of the time (as is always the case when we visit HK), and spending on an expensive hotel room would be such a waste.

If you're like us, JJ Hotel would be a PERFECT choice. We thought the room would only be a small box with a bed and a shower, but it it totally exceeded our expectations! I've stayed at Le Meridien in Cyberport, and something gives me the feeling that the posh and modern rooms at Le Meridien served as the inspiration for the rooms in JJ. The rooms are very clean and new and with modern fixtures, the bed is comfortable and VERY large (can comfortably fit 3 people), the staff is friendly and can speak english. The bathroom (all glass walls) is quirky, but it adds a nice (if not kinky) touch (that's ok, just lower the shades). It's so close to Times Square and the shops of Causeway Bay, and is practically right next door to the trendy stores in Central. The only downside is that it is a bit of a walk from the nearest MTR station. After a long and tiring day walking and shopping, you would dread that 10-minute walk from Johnston MTR exit A3 to the hotel. But hey, trust me, that still is not a bad thing at all!

All things considered, we are very very happy with JJ Hotel. In fact, we've started telling our friends about it - "JJ is the way!!!" We've been to Hong Kong at least 10 times, and have stayed in all sorts of hotels (5, 4, 3-star, boutique hotels), but JJ Hotel will be on our short list the next time we schedule a Hong Kong trip.

Great for short stays

by TripAdvisor Member foodbuzz

For the price you pay, JJ Hotel is more than adequate. All I ask for is a clean room with modern bathrooms and this surpassed my expectations - complete with flat screen TV, DVD player and a surprisingly good selection of movies available for rental at HK50 for two. The only downside to the bathroom as others have noted was the glass door and screens - a bit of a pain but in no way a deal breaker. The staff are polite, with good English and quite knowledgeable about the city when it comes to good shopping locations - I've lived in HK for 5 years and heard some rather good advice being given out to other tourists.

I heard other guests complaining about noise from the street but I had no problems.

Location is fantastic, and a brilliant bar and gastropub is down the street about 4 blocks away at 62 Johnston Street, called the Pawn. Order Fish and Chips and a Treacle Tart!

Unreliable internet connection

by TripAdvisor Member Sydneychic77

If you require internet connection for business purposes, I strongly recommend you forego this hotel. The complimentary wireless internet connection is patchy at best and often unavailable. It took me an hour to try to get connection in the morning just to send one email. I ended up having to do most of by business over the phone.
If you do not require internet access, it's great value for money. Clean and comfortable rooms. Great location: close to station and ferry terminal. From here you can get to Central, Causeway Bay or TST quickly. Staff were peasant but some problems communicating in English.

Spotlessly clean and very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Maryana

The hotel is in a great location, surrounded by thousand of Chinese eating places, Pacific coffee, Sakae sushi and KFC. It is about 7 min form MTR station. Room is new, clean, quiet and space used efficiently. Free Internet connection is fast. The bed is very comfortable, not hard as expected in Asia. Bathroom had glass walls, but after drawing the blinds it is absolutely private.
Most of the time hotel is fully booked, that is why no earlier check in or later check out. Reception can store luggage if needed.
I am not sure if this hotel will suite people with lots of luggage. The room have min storage space, and it is pretty problematic to take the luggage to and from MTR train. You have to use several escalators and stairs to get to the train at Wan Chai station, not too easy to carry the luggage.

I would definitely recommend this hotel because of the location and superb bed!

real surprise and excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member thebigplan

I would highly recommend JJ. The rooms are small but perfectly functional with clean and modern fittings. the beds are comfortable and bathroom very clean.
No nasty surprises - rooms look exactly like they do on the pictures!
Great location - Wan Chai is very easy to get around with the Metro and also trams within a few minutes walk. We actually travelled by train from the airport and then picked up a taxi from central station....very easy!
loads of restaurants nearby and some great shopping!

Clean, Comfy Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member thesnails

We stayed 9 nights at this motel on a recent trip to Hong Kong. Overall we were quite pleased with our stay. The rooms are very clean, with a great shower and very comfy bed. Nice view of the mountains as well.
The large flat screen TV in the room was a real waste tho, because the hotel provided very limited choice of channels to watch in English. Their solution was to charge HK50 for DVD rental. Pretty cheeky considering the price of the rooms!
Also, ventilation in our room was a real problem, leading to very damp surfaces and dripping aircon. The only solution was to leave a window open all day and night, a pretty noisy option.

Excellent and cute budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tristans_friend

Just spent two nights here on a little HK break. I booked the double standard room with window (see pics) and even though I'd already read all the good reviews, I was still pleasantly surprised when I got there.

It IS about 10 minutes' walk from Wan Chai MTR (30 if you go the wrong way, like I did the first time) but most of this is waiting at the lights and dodging the foot traffic. You can get a cab for cheap instantly at the front of the hotel - literally right outside the doorstep. To Central/Airport Express/SoHo it's about 30-35HKD and takes about 10 minutes (not during peak hour).

Staff is friendly, super polite and helpful and seemed to anticipate needs (like asking me if I wanted to book an extra day to facilitate sleeping off a night on the tiles) and everything was easy - power adapters, free reasonably fast wifi, fast check in & out etc

My room was a good size just for me - plenty of bag space, two single (v firm) beds pushed together, tea facilities (no western tea, but sencha, kettle and two mugs & spoons), cold cold mini fridge empty for use, comp water, a few toiletries, tidy spotless bathroom with excellent pressure and hot water in the shower. A little bit of run-off, but not a distracting amount. Hand towels, face towels and normal towels - everything.

The room was not dissimilar to those of Langham Place (TA #1 for HK), where I've twice stayed - the bathrooms there are glassed in with shades as well. The Club L room at Langham is a good 2000HKD more expensive and the only practical differences were that the bathrooms included a bath, the view was better and the beds softer (to be fair, Langham has some of the most comfortable beds in the known world, so it's not even a contest). But I paid only 75 AUD per night (around 450HKD) at JJ, so I was more than willing to forgo the soft bed if it meant more $$ for shopping.

The Wan Chai area is popular for your Suzie Wong-style girly bars and there's a big expat scene ten minutes' walk from the hotel - the Mes Amis bar in particular on Ladies Night (weds) was expat central. The area is completely safe at all hours (as is all of Hong Kong, really) and plenty of shops, cafes, western food joints and local food markets just around the corner. There's also Lang Kwai Fong ten minutes away by cab, where an endless supply of bars and restaurants await. To get to Kowloon, you can take the star ferry from Wan Chai Pier, or it's two trains on the MTR (tip: get an octopus card, it's three days of free MTR travel for tourists using Airport Express).

Other bits: the hotel provided food and drinks discount vouchers for a karaoke bar and restaurant in the building. There was a little bit of noise from other guests, but not enough to bother me personally, although I'm not a light sleeper. There was a child in the next room from mine and you could hear doors closing and showers running (and drunk people talking, evidently, as my friend and I were asked to be a bit more quiet while he was getting ready for an early flight - sorry, if the complainant is reading, we weren't aware of our volume). He had booked a twin standard room and his room was ever so slightly bigger, with the bathroom laid out in a rectangle rather than a square. Air con throughout was - as in all of Hong Kong - quite aggressive, but you can turn it off.

Overall, a great stay and would stay again. JJ definitely has a chic and warm feel to it.

Hong kong: which hotel to stay?

by antish

Hello. I'm looking for a good hotel to stay in hong kong. Transport facility should be located near hotel.Is staying in the city center an advantage?e.g to go to ocean park, victoria peak, etc?thanks for help.

by tenluk

It is depend on your budget. If about HKD 800 - 900 then Eaton Hotel, Nathan hotel in Kowloon are recommended. These hotels are near the Mtr, shopping area, restaurant, Temple street night market.
If you have more budget Penninsula in Kowloon is recommended because that hotel is next to 1881 herritage and in front is the harbour.
Don't worry about the transportation in Hongkong. It is very convenience and you can reach everypart of the tourist area.

by MikeM2

Generally hotels in Central cater for business travellers and are quite expensive

you need to go out from Central to find reasonably priced hotels with tourist prices

Public transport in HKG is excellent and you will get to your chosen place of interest readily - just make sure you have change for the bus or buy a prepaid card for the MTR

Google BT International Hotel to get an idea on prices - note its proximity to Jordan MTR and you will get an idea on how to plan - also look for hotels in Causeway Bay which are also convenient to the MTR or TST east (bus or walk to MTR)

by antish

I had been to Eaton hotel when I was a kid(in 1992).I saw a good hotel near the port recently(forgot the name unfortunately).I'll looking for at around 1000HKD.

btw, how many days do you recommend staying in hong kong(with visiting as priority)?

by Odinnthor

If budget is not a problem, - you cannot do much better than the Peninsula or the Mandarin Oriental. Have stayed at both and do not have a bad word about either of them.

by sdcatraveler

I visited Hong Kong in November and stayed one night at BP International and 4 nights a L'Hotel Causeway Bay. The rooms at BP are clean and its convenient to Nathan Road and the Night markets as well as Kowloon Park and Victoria Harbor.

I found L'Hotel Causeway a better stay because it was right across the street from the MTR station and closer to Victoria peak/Central. The rooms were clean and a bit larger than at BP International. Some other hotels that I was considering, but did not end up staying at because they were sold out, were Butterfly on Prat (TST/Kowloon) and the JJ Hotel (Wan Chai).

If shopping is what you in Hong Kong for, you may want to stay on the Kowloon side. If you want to see more of a night-life, sight-seeing and restaurants, I would suggest staying on Hong Kong island (Wan Chai, Causeway Bay, Central).

Hope you have a great trip!

Comments