LKF Hotel by Rhombus Hong Kong

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about LKF Hotel by Rhombus Hong Kong

Bar Hopping

by vigi about Lan Kwai Fong (Central)

Lan Kwai Fong (Central) - the most popular place for drinking and dining with a vibrant mixture of different cultures.
LKF is not merely a place for pubs and discos. It boasts such a range of cuisine: from Italian to Mediterranean; from Japanese to Thai and of course Chinese. The cobbled streets around LKF burst into life after dark. Prices can comparatively high in this area. Casual Chic.

Lan Kwai Fong Area

by Ewingjr98

Lan Kwai Fong (or LKF) is the top nightlife area in Hong Kong. This small spot has dozens if not hundred of bars, dance clubs, and restaurants of all types from German Biergartens (such as the Bitburger Bar) to Middle Eastern bars (like Beirut).

During our visit, the place was shoulder-to-shoulder with tourists and locals, out to have a good time. Our favorite spot was Mad Dogs, an Irish Pub that turns into a dance club later in the evening.

LKF is located in Central.

Beirut -- LKF

by Ewingjr98 about Lan Kwai Fong

The bar in LKF called Beirut has a distinct Arab feel (as you could probably guess by the name!). When we stopped in for a quick beer, we were the only non-Middle Eastern men in the bar, and there was also one western woman. It is kind of an interesting place, and it serves a decent variety of beer and hard liquor. It seems they also serve the water pipe to their middle eastern customers.

All in all, Beirut is not worth writing a VT Tip about and there's really no reason to return.

Bulldogs British Pub -- LKF

by Ewingjr98 about Lan Kwai Fong

Bulldogs was our favorite spot in LKF. Early in the evening, their long bar was full of patrons just sipping beer and watching football (soccer). Later, the dance floor in the back opened and their live DJ kept the place hopping until the early hours of the morning!! It really has something for everyone depending on the time of day and where you plant your butt in the bar/restaurant/dance floor. I enjoyed squatting on a bar stool talking to the other barflies while my friend danced and made (unsuccessful) passes at the women.

Bulldogs claims the biggest pub menu in LKF, and they feature a set lunch for about HK$110 along with an a la carte menu seven days per week.

Pub with a view

by o0KelviN0o about Lan Kwai Fong

Coconuts is the name of the pub...

Average list of food & beverage...

Food (Quick Bites) < HKD40
Beverage varies... Martinis > HKD70 / Beers > HKD50

It's a pub with 1 of the better views as it's situated at a corner in LKF I went there in a S/S shirt, jeans & sneakers

Michelle, me, Kim @ LKF, Hong Kong (CHINA)Michelle, me, Kim @ LKF, Hong Kong (CHINA)

Joyce, me & Mayah @ LKFJoyce, me & Mayah @ LKF

Big BuddhaBig Buddha

main axis leads to communal altarmain axis leads to communal altar

Help in Tsen Wan

by Tim88

I'm new to Tsen Wan (Hong Kong New territories)...

I am looking for a nice health club with weight room and a clean swimming pool. Maybe squash and/or tennis?

And what's the best bar or pub to spend some time on the weekends?

I'll going to try freelance English teaching.

If your in the neighborhood, look me up!

Tim

Re: Help in Tsen Wan

by SHIRLEY~

Hi Tim,
Are u living in Tsuen Wan? i'm afraid there's no health club in TW include swimming pool, weight room...
How long u been in HK? U know the famous place for pubbing is LKF in Central. Besides, u may try Wanchai.
shirley

Lan Kwai Fong or Wan Chai - Clubs, Bars, Girls, etc.

by jasonchan483

Hi I am from California and I will be traveling with some friends to Hong Kong during August. We are young urban working individuals from the United States (some are recent college graduates) and would like to spend a good time during our stay in Hong Kong. We would really appreciate it if anyonoe could help us find a good place to party; we are only staying in Hong Kong for two nights. I read about Lan Kwai Fong and Wan Chai but I am still not sure which one is better. This is my first time to Hong Kong since I was 10 years old so I really want to check out the night life now. Looking for a nice fun club with cute girls..not too expensive, but also not too ghetto. Basically, I am the only chinese individual (my other friends are not chinese) and I am trying to find out how to show them a good time. Currently, I am looking to have a good time at a bar/club.. possibly pick up some girls and head back to our hotels unless there are professional hostess/brothels that anyone can recommend lol?

by Vita500

Wanchai is the red light district. Lots of nice bars but also lots of ladies who try to pull you into one of the numerous clubs.

Lan Kwai Fong is the notorious foreigner-hangout. Lots of decent restaurants (rather costly) but also nice bars and always lots of party. For hooking up with (normal) girls, this is the place to go. For professionals, try Wanchai.
Actually, since Wanchai is not really that far away from LKF, you could easily get to both places. Only two stops on subway...

In general, different people have different opinions, i.e. some prefer the bars in Wanchai, some the ones in LKF. Since the atmosphere is quite different, it really depends on what you like. As I said before, you might wanna try both places...

Cheers,
Robert

by Sammyfloyd

Wan Chai and LKF aren't that far away--it is a cab ride less than 10 minutes so try both if you have the chance.

by sunbird_travel

to test your skills, go to LKF. it is also a good place to hang out. for a quickie, Wan chai is the way to go, but you will be facing the professionals (the gals) as well. take your chances. i suggest to try your luck (or skill) in LFK then head to Wan chai for back-ups.

VT Meeting, anyone? Dec 19 (Friday)

by vigi

It have been a long time since our last VT Meet. It's time to celebrate Christmas for our VT Crew. Don't you
think so?

YES!!!! Lets do it. And lets do it on a Friday nite Dec-19 in a restaurant in SoHo, LKF or Wanchai. Please give me some thought to a venue.

Anybody in town? You are all welcome to join us.
Be prepared for a late nite in town.

Virginia

Re: VT Meeting, anyone? Dec 19 (Friday)

by vigi

Hey Frenz,

Merry Christmas!
Lets eat Mexican at Coyote in Wanchai. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is casual on the mezannene floor overlooking the ground floor bar which is humming on Friday nites.

Meeting Time: 8:00pm
Venue: Coyote Bar & Grill (Mexican Food)
Address : G/F, 114-120 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai
Telephone : 2861-2221

Who is coming? So far, we have 5 on the list:
Vigi, MacKiwi, Joyce_HK, elizabennet, vividvivian

I will book a table under my name: Virginia.
Kindy confirm your attendance at this link http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/cl/2003-12-19/5d6/ by Friday morning. See you there!

Virginia