Lanson Place

Hotels.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• uvaspy's Profile Photo

Chic Luxery hotel

Very pleasant stay with very cool rooms and nice staff. The rooms are comfortable and the location was really good, 2 blocks from the Causeway Bay MTR station and shopping. The staff speaks English and are very friendly. The rooms are good except for the hit or miss clear or partially opaque windows. You better be very comfortable with who you are staying with or force them out of the room when you need private time.

The hotel has a free internet cafe downstairs and a hotel bar, but there are too many bar options outside of the hotel to explore. The noise is great, very quiet. There are no flat sheets, which is odd, but instead a down comforter. Room includes one plug adapter for US appliances. Room also has free wi-fi, 2 TVs, a safe, robes and slippers.

Breakfast is respectable, hot porridge and congee and pastries, cheese and fruit-which includes dragon fruit (like a white kiwi). They also give you free bottle water every day.

Cost for 1 room for 4 nights, tax $900-1000 US dollars around end of December 2007

They provide a shuttle bus to the airport, but note that it's the first stop (of many other hotels) and you will not get there until an hour later.

Unique Quality: Very luxurious hotel. Love the rainfall showers. Room has mini kitchen with stove, microwave, and dishwasher.

Super close to the "Time square" and Causeway Bay shopping. 7-11 on street has shark fin soup.

Directions: Exit F from the Causeway Bay MTR stop, and an immediate right from the exit 2.5 blocks.

More about Lanson Place

Could not Fault...

by TripAdvisor Member pz25

Booked to stay at the Lanson Place Hotel purely from reviews on this website, and was not disappointed. My stay was 7 nights in late May. Perfect location for a visit to HK, everything you could possibly need is in walking distance (MTR, shops, restaurants, etc). Hotel was in great condition (relatively new), the staff were fantastic ( and knowledgeable), & the service was second to none. I was travelling on my own, and they made me feel very welcome!! Will definately stay here again, and will reccommend to others!!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member vmk

We are just back from Hong Kong, after one week's visit. We have been in many hotels, usually not many times in same one. But I feel that this time we enjoyed our stay so much that there is no doubt we will book Lanson Place also next January. Our room was very nicely decorated and comfortable, all staff very friendly, breakfast was very good, just the things I would choose even from bigger assortment. We were upgraded to bigger room because our room was not ready when we arrived. We liked the kitchenette because you actually could stay in hotel some evenings and have some snacks there, the room was so nice. Iron and ironing board were great, gym good enough and there was nice lounge with lots of books and magazines. MTR is near so it is easy to go around. I can't complain about anything!

Excellent Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member EILS

We stayed in Lanson Place for five nights in June 07. The hotel was excellent. It had everything you expect for a boutique hotel; the service was great and the rooms very spacious (we were expecting a really small room, which is considered the norm in HK). We had a corner room which gave us more space as the bed and the sitting area were totally separate and the bathroom is very modern and is equipped with everything you would need.

After reading trip advisor, I was prepared for a poor selection at breakfast, but in reality there was everything you would expect from a continental breakfast – cereal, porridge, fruit, yogurt, breads, Danish pastries, fruit juice, boiled eggs etc.

The location is great, there are not as many tourists around as there are in Kowloon, it is quiet at nights despite the constant hustle and bustle of Causewaybay and a two minute walk to the MTR so the hotel makes a great base for exploring.

We would stay here again and would recommend it to everyone!

Wonderful experience!!

by TripAdvisor Member VYin

My husband and I have just moved to Guangzhou, China recently for work and have been hoping to find a nice hotel that we can feel comfortable and "at home" in when we visit HK. Much to my surprise, after reading the reviews on the website, I decided to give Lanson Place a try and immediately knew that we had found our sanctuary. Right in the heart of the busiest area of HK, we found a tranquil, relaxing and soothing environment that enveloped us in luxury and comfort. The rooms are a very good size, the staff are efficient and polite, and the gym is more than adequate. What is totally unexpected
is the coin operated launderette, the free broadband and free continental breakfast. These are all very thoughtful and nice amenities which certainly add to its attractiveness. We plan to be in HK on an average of 8-10 times a year and I know where we'll be staying!!

V. + C. Yin, Guangzhou, China. Sept 3, 2007

Clean and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Mylah

I enjoyed staying at Lanson Place. The room was spacious (over 400 sq feet) with modern decor. It has everything I need, fully equipped kitchenette, safe, iron, ironing board, plasma TV and plenty of storage to hang the clothes. I also received a nice complimentary welcome basket containing food, snack, and drinks.

All the staffs were very friendly and helpful. There was a minor issue with my toilet and when I rang housekeeping about it, someone came and fixed the issued within minutes, fantastic service!!

There is a coin operated laundry in the hotel which I found useful, since I accumulated many dirty laundries from my business trip to China.

One point to note: In the room which I stayed, the door to the bathroom is glass (the glass is mostly frosted, except for the top part and bottom part, which is clear), so you basically can see the head and the leg of the person inside.

One minus point - there is no restaurant in the hotel. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of restaurants close by and you can even order food to be delivered to your room from the some of the local restaurant and take away outlet.

The reason I wished there was a restaurant in the hotel is that my client was staying in the same hotel. The couple of days when we were there, it was raining. Every time when we want to eat, we need to walk out in the rain as ordering food from the local delivery was not an option for me.

Other than this, everything else was perfect. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Keep up the good work!!!!

Great rooms but lacking in atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member DeborahPM

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Lanson Place. For the price, this hotel is a real bargain considering the standard of the room and the fact that you are in a reasonably good location.

The service really was very good, not exceptional, but everyone was very helpful and attentive.

My room was lovely. If I have a gripe it is that there was a shower (albeit a fantastic one) rather than a bath. After a full day of sightseeing a good soak lying down would have been just the ticket! The design of the room was modern and very tasteful. I would disagree that the rooms are small - they are not huge but they are well designed and certainly big enough for a couple.

In my room was a small galley kitchen (this may be the case in all of the rooms). This struck me as a bit daft - after all, are you really going to start cooking in your hotel room? A kettle and a small fridge was all I needed. But the kitchen didn't detract from the room - it just seemed a bit pointless.

It is outside of the room that I would criticise the hotel. There is some really great space in the ground floor lobby and the first floor reception, all of which is very stylishly decorated - but there is no atmosphere at all. This means that you don't really use the area, you just pass through it. So for me, the calm that everyone else talks about was just clinical space. Because it was so quiet and uninhabited, there was no buzz to the communal areas which is a shame because, with a bit of effort, they could easily become funky and relaxing. There is no coffee shop or restaurant in the hotel which may not matter to some, but I think it would have been nice just to have a space that you could grab a drink or a snack, chill out, and watch what was going on. You can order drinks in the lobby areas but there is nothing happening there apart from whatever you may be doing (!) and waiters preying on you to take your glass away the microsecond that it is empty. It doesn't make for either a relaxing or interesting experience.

The lobby is where you have breakfast - what is on offer is not all that exciting, but it is OK. Because it is the lobby/bar area that doubles up as the breakfast area, you don't actually get to each your breakfast at a table with chairs - more like sitting on a low banquette or a lounger chair which was a bit odd, and not all that comfortable.

But for all the gripes, if you want a cheap, really lovely room in the heart of a good shopping district you really can't go wrong. Causeway Bay is a bit off the centre but it is very easy to get a tram to Central where you can get to Kowloon on the Star Ferry etc. And if your feet refuse to carry you one of the many cabs can get you to Central for the equivalent of 3 Euros tops.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Bele5

What can I say ! Everything about this hotel was excellent. Great rooms, clean and spacious with every convienence. Small kitchenette, iron, ironing board, ac adaptors, free internet and the most comfortable beds we had slept in on our entire holiday. Added touches such as free juices, biscuits, and bottle water in room made all the difference.
After paying a fortune for a flea pit in Paris the room the size of a dog kennel this was such a find at the end of our holiday.
The staff were friendly and so attentive, breakfast was included in the rate which was so reasonable for central Hong Kong.
This is quite a small botique hotel, which adds to the charm and such a welcome oasis is bustling Hong Kong.
Location is great, walking distance to major shopping malls and restaurants.We will definitely put this on our to do again list.
I can't praise this hotel enough and I am quite fussy when it comes to hotel rooms.

Excellent hotel while running a course

by TripAdvisor Member Pete-Watson

I have recently (June 2007) had the good fortune to run a training course in this hotel and being a guest at the same time.

The rooms, as far as I can tell, are all mini suites with separate bedroom, lounge, kitchenette and bathroom areas. It is open plan in design.

The hotel was immaculately clean and the staff could not be faulted.

On arrival I had been allocated a smoking room, by mistake, and this was quickly and efficiently sorted out.

While running the training, the hotel staff were incredibly helpful and efficient. They are a credit to the establishment.

It should be noted that the hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch or evening meals (breakfast is a buffet in the very large and comfortable 1st floor lounge area), but this is not a problem as the area has every conceivable eating choice within a few minutes walk.

I would heartily recommend this hotel in the Causeway area of the City with its easy access to some of the main shopping areas.

Great service and good location

by TripAdvisor Member Kgari

This is a very good boutique style hotel. The staff are very very good. It is a good location for the trip to Stanley by bus(a must do)It is also close to the MTR and you can walk to ferry. It is quiet for sleeping, which in HK is important. Buffet breakfast does not include cooked food such as eggs. I found myself down towards Central and Soho a fair bit, so next time may stay down that way but overall a really great hotel.

Lanson Place Boutique Hotel & Residences

by PhilTF

Hi,

anyone stayed at this hotel,hoping to be there in early March 2007. It came up on a general "expedia" search, so looking for help on its general location, safety and general cleanliness. Any other help would be gratefully received

Lanson Place Boutique Hotel & Residences

133 Leighton Road Causeway Bay.

Thanks,

PhilTF

RE: Lanson Place Boutique Hotel & Residences

by frodo88

havent stayed there, but it is new so should be clean and ok. location great. walk to causewaybay for shopping, wangchai for nightlife....compare price to cosmo and cosmopolitan and holiday inn express, all nearby. compare realtime prices on wotif.com

Comments