Loved my stay here
Stayed here in Nov. 2009. I stayed at 3 different hotels in Hong Kong (BP International, Guangdong Hotel and this one). Of the 3 I liked this one the best. My reasons:
1. Transportation access was great here--taxi, tram, MTR all steps away.
2. Rooms were larger than other places. My bathroom and room size were comparable to typical hotel rooms in the US. I liked that there was a ledge/window seat where you could sit and read a book while enjoying the view.
3. Rooms were modernly furnished and had free bottled water which was replenished daily. Also the mini-fridge was empty, which was great because I could fill it with the stuff that I wanted.
4. Many GOOD eateries within walking distance (across the street on Electric Street).
5. MTR allows easy access to Central, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay
6. 2 supermarkets within walking distance.
7. Staff was nice, but english was a bit difficult. In the end, no problems with communication
8. LOVED the free internet--allowed us to book our other travel needs to Shanghai.
9. Check-in and Check-out were easy.
I would definitely stay here again when I visit Hong Kong.
L'Hotel Causeway Bay
Booked into #2601. A double with two twin beds, satilite tv, mini-fridge, air-conditioning, and a view over Victoria Park and towards the harbour.
The shower was a bit small but wasn't a closet shower like a lot of hotels. The water pressure was good and strong and I never had to wait for hot water.
The entire room had wood flooring and more modernistic furnishings which was nice.
The only bad point I had about the room were the firmness of the beds which were like planks. It didn't matter too much since I was always too tired to care after getting back to the room for sleep.
The location is directly across from the Tin Hau MTA station and on the street tram and bus lines.
The front desk was helpful and there are two free internet connections in the lobby for guests to use.
I would return to this hotel the next time I go to Hong Kong and to anyone traveling there.
Directions: Take the Island MTA line to Tin Hau. Walk out the station and cross the street. Hotel directly on the left.
- Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour-100 Shek Pai Wan Road
- Hotel Madera Hong Kong
- Ovolo Noho - 286 Queen's Road Central