Marriott Hong Kong Sky City Hotel

No.1 SkyCity Road East,Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Booking.com AMOMA.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Marriott Hong Kong Sky City Hotel

Marriott International

by Sharrie about JW Marriott

Marriott, specifically JW Marriott hotels are better counterpart than those in the U.S.
I like the ambience in JW Marriott hotels, esp. those of Bangkok & Hong Kong.
I've stayed in JW Marriott Hong Kong & like it very much. Centralised location with a great buffet restaurant & a seat-in dining at JW California. Gosh, the food at JW California is heavenly but I was with my friends & there were in suits & ties. Makes me wary of taking any food pix since most of the diners were bankers, business professionals & all those VIPs. So, I just enjoyed my food & didn't act like tourist for once :-)

If you are in Hong Kong, I highly recommend this hotel & the other 2 at Pacific Mall. The Conrad & the Island Shangri-la. They are all excellent hotels with the best location!

JW Marriott in Bangkok is also centrally located & I like the ambience there. Food is good too!

MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL
Site: Marriott.com

Good for a stopover, but not much else

by TripAdvisor Member QADude

Disclaimer: We were booked at the Sky City by Cathay Pacific because we were bumped to a another flight to San Francisco the following day. They paid for our room and breakfast/lunch. We didn't pay for anything, but I figure I might as well give a summary of our time there.

The good:
1) Very close to the airport - 5 minutes away by hotel shuttle. This is perfect if you only want a place to crash for the night before leaving the following day.
2) Rooms were very clean, comfortable and extremely quiet, considering that you're so close to the airport. We didn't hear any plane noise.
3) The hotel is very well designed, and the decor is very inviting and artistic
4) The breakfast in their main restaurant had a very good spread, with some local and western foods. They even had a salad bar and smoked salmon & mackerel.

The bad:
1) The location is very isolated. I would only recommend this hotel if one of the following are true:
- You're going on a flight the following day (like we were), just crashing for the night
- Attending an event at the Asia Expo, located next door
- Going to Disneyland (they had a free shuttle to there)
2) The restaurant was very expensive. Thankfully Cathay was paying for our meals. The breakfast for both of us was about $400HK, roughly $60 US. I don't remember what the lunch prices were, but I figure roughly $65 US. Either way, expect to pay a lot.
3) If you want to go downtown, you have to take the Airport Express trains, which are very expensive relative to the other MTR trains.

In summary, there's nothing wrong with the hotel other than it's location. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's a shame that there's nothing to do in the area.

nice feel for such a young hotel - expected it to be soulless

by TripAdvisor Member clw666London_UK

Stayed for one night 4th April en route to Bangkok. I had corresponded with the hotel prior to my arrival to enquire about breakfast and spa facilities and to warn of arrival time for the shuttle to be waiting. All requests were replied to with useful information and in a reasonably prompt manner. When landing at Hong Kong I managed to find the desk to pick up my shuttle. A small wait for the minibus to arrive but a pleasant person ferried me to the hotel. Interestingly, when taking my credit card details, the PIN was required to be entered as well, not something I have encountered before. The room was good with a sea view which I had paid extra for and a fascinating vista of the fast shuttle to Macau from the airport which takes passengers directly from the plane airside without the need to clear immigration I am told. The shower was indeed extra powerful although I found the fittings to be loose and hanging from the wall so I requested, and got immediately, a room change to one with more sturdy shower tap fittings. Deciding to have something to eat I found that, somewhat confusingly, one of the restaurants was not opened yet as the hotel was still ramping up for business and the second restaurant had moved into the premises of the first. Sitting in the expensive Chinese restaurant I asked if there was anything smaller to eat than the somewhat grand dishes. I was given the Red Zen menu by one waiter but then it was taken back by another who explained that the menu was not yet featured. Never mind, I expect the staff were a little new. The selection from the main menu was of good quality but similar to its equivalent in London and a lot more expensive - a captive audience I suspect. There is a lovely view out from the restaurant seawards.The proximity to the Airport Express meant that going into Central that evening was a breeze. When I popped into the Sheraton Hotel and Towers later as I had booked to stay there after returning form Bangkok I found the staff to be a lot less friendly and helpful than those of this new Marriott. Checkout was easy and efficient, performed by a very friendly and urbane individual who obviously took great pride in working for his hotel chain and I can see why. All in all I can say that comparing my first stay in a Marriott compared with my previous encounters with Sheratons, Meridiens and Hiltons I would definitely return.

Perfect Airport Hotel - Very close to terminal; closer to Asia Expo

by TripAdvisor Member PaulSEA1

This Marriott is a quality hotel like every other Marriott. Boring high quality perfect for the business traveller. It has a few more ammenities than some. It's very new, clean, functional, and has several restaurants. It's part of the Asia World Expo center and could not be more convenient to the trade shows. It's very close to the airport also. As others have pointed out, the airport is not near anything so this is not a place to stay if you want to be in the city.

It's a one minute ride by Airport Express from the terminal. The walk from the AE to the hotel is about 10 minutes by covered walkways. The hotel also operates a shuttle three times per hour. They told me to visit their desk in arrivals next time to get to the hotel. (I took the train) The trip to the city from the hotel is about 30 minutes. I received two free same-day-return tickets to Hong Kong with my stay. Each is valid for a round trip to the city by AE. If you're prone to taxis or limos, the AE is much faster and safer and more pleasant than any road borne transportation.

Great Hotel for Airport or Asia World Expo

by TripAdvisor Member Paula7928

I stayed here on my first and last night of a recent trip to Hong Kong. I was attending a trade show at Asia World Expo and it was very convenient. Asia World Expo is about a 2 or 3 minute walk on a bridge that is connected to the hotel

The clerk upgraded me to a water view room each night just for asking. I could hear a couple of planes taking off about midnite each night but that was it. It is a very new modern hotel and with helpful staff.

The breakfast buffet was very good although expensive. I paid $15 a day for wireless internet in the room.

I had a very hard time finding the Marriott desk in the airport. I asked several airport workers and they either didn't know where it was or pointed me in the wrong direction.
Once I found the desk a Marriott employee led a group of us to the shuttle. The shuttle was fast and and the hotel is very close.

Like other people have mentioned this is a great hotel if you have an early flight or are doing business at Asia World Expo. I got a really good rate from the Marriott website (about $120 USD) and would definitely stay here again. I checked my Marriott Rewards account and there is a great 4000 point bonus going on right now.

Overnight stay - the best service possible

by TripAdvisor Member gojanda

We checked into this hotel instead of staying in the airport for 10 hours! The plane touched down at 10:20pm and our heads hit the pillow at 11pm, 40 mins later. Marriott moved us from airport to hotel room in less than 20mins. Excellent service, exceptionally clean room, fantastic bathroom and bed. Very quite. Breakfast the next day was an awesome array of every type of breakfast food available with a top notch service. All topped off by an equally efficient transfer back to the airport after the breakfast. Well done Marriott, this is a fist class service.

Great hotel with excellent service. Great location if going to Asia Expo

by TripAdvisor Member lwk-my

Booked online at the Marriot website for a 1 nite stay. Got a complimentary limo transfer from the arrival hall to the hotel within 10 min.

Checking in and checking out was a breeze. On checking in, we found that all our requests were granted. The room is really spacious. Though the hotel is very near the airport, we did not hear any noise from the aircrafts taking off or landing.

Though the hotel is located in quite a isolated location, the hotel has a very efficient and frequent free shuttle service to the airport and Tung Chung. From Tung Chung, one can take the MTR to either Kowloon or Hong Kong island. Staff are helpful and friendly.

First class airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tobesk

We stayed at the SkyCity Marriott for one night while on a stopover. It is a modern hotel which is about a 5 minute drive from Hong Kong Airport at the Asia Expo. Upon arrival at the airport you got to the Marriott desk after clearing customs and they arrange for a driver to pick you up. Check in was quick although we did arrive in the evening.

The room was very large and spacious and extremely well maintained with a large bathroom too. We really couldn't fault it, the newness of the hotel and the Marriott quality made it faultless.

We checked out at 8 a.m. and there was a short wait at reception. They run a shuttle bus back to the airport every 20 minutes which, again, was hassle free.

If you need to stay at the airport and can get a good rate then I would recommend this hotel.

5 minutes to airport, free suttle, save time & money, don't go into HK

by TripAdvisor Member alsupremo

This Hotel is new. at end of MTR Airport line, when I booked they gave 2 free return trips on the train to HK (value $100HK) Pool is the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. Shuttle is great, every 20 minutes and also takes you to the local town, shopping mall and Disney, all free. Ocean view room have a slightly better view. If catching a plane early, this Hotel is a must. We flew in from Beijing at 10pm and out at 6am to Shanghai the next day, being right at the airport saved money and time. Cost us only $988HK a night. Room is large, clean and bathroom rooomy and modern. Food in hotel restuarants is expensive. Take a short ride to the outlet mall where there is a very reasonable foodcourt at 20% of the price.

5 Star

by TripAdvisor Member lloydb61

Stayed here overnight on the way to HCMC. Service, room amenities are First Class.Transfer to Hotel from airport was fantastic, we will stay here again.

Travelling with an infant - Transit hotel near HKG airport?

by karshanmu

Hi,

We are a family of 4 adults and an infant transiting via HKG international airport. We have a 18hr layover @ HKG. Can you please suggest some not-too-expensive hotels with convenient transport options from the airport? This will be our first time in Hong Kong, so I really appreciate any tips/suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
SanKar

by yvr

There is a Marriott located very close to the airport with shuttle bus available. It is located at Asia World Expo There is a Novotel about 10 minutes away at Tung Chung, no shuttle but you can take a local bus, unfortunately neither are inexpensive.

by picek

maybe you should go to the city in the end if you want to find something cheaper. Airport bus A21 cant ake you directly to Nathan road where you will find lots of hotels and it takes less than a hour. That's still better than waiting 18 hrs at the airport. Anyways, check first if you need visa to HK (i know, most country doesn't but some they do and if you're from one of those you will need it before arrival to the border post).
You can actually take a look on the google earth that location of the airport is not in the most populated area and hardly there's anything to do... but like said before, you may go to city by bus (cheaper) or train.

by kennyboi

Consider taking the MTR metro railway instead of the A21 bus advised above. It is likely you have no idea where to get off.

by explore_discover

Regal Airport Hotel is connected to the the Airport (2 minutes walk)
Around 1750 HKD/2 persons if you book 5 days in Advance

HK Sky City Marriot 1238 HKD/2 persons

If you go to HK CBD by Bus, the return Fair is 65 HK Dollar per person, round trip, you can find the Hotels from 80 to 150 US Dollar in Kowloon
Take a look and select according to your budget/preferences

Comments