3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

75 Waterloo Road, Kowloon, (formerly Metropole Hotel), Hong Kong, China

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• FREE Internet and shuttle service

I highly recommend METROPARK HOTEL KOWLOON. Looking at hotels, three things about this hotel won me over:

1/ FREE internet connection (LAN cable in the room, WiFi in the lobby)
    2/ FREE shuttle service to Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui
    3/ the Price! HKD 720.00 per night for me and my wife.

Came in past 10 PM via CityFlyer Bus (Line A21 for HKD 33.00 from the airport). I made a reservation via AsiaTravel.com and payment was made at the reception using credit card. Check-in was a breeze and we were in our room in no time. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with welcome items such as fruits (apple and orange), chocolates (bite size) and 2 bottles of water.

The FREE shuttle service has regular schedules in two stops: Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui. Mong Kok is actually nearby and just takes about 5mins or less in the shuttle. I personally like Mong Kok for buying/ shopping. It is tiring to be walking all day, so it is quite a relief to get back to the hotel at no cost, get some rest then go at it again. No worries about paying additional expenses for taxi or MRT!

The hotel does offer airport service (HKD 110.00 per person per trip). But we found that the CityFlyer bus isn't that bad for a third of the price at HKD 33.00 only.

Unique Quality: FREE shuttle service round the clock, FREE internet service in the rooms! Affordable, more value for money!

Directions: Take Line A21 of CityFlyer bus at the airport. You can also take a cheaper bus, Line E21, but it has more stops. Download PDF from www.citybus.com.hk to help you keep track of where you are. At Mong Kok station, it only takes 5-10 mins walk to the hotel.

• A convenient budget and great hotel.

I stayed for 4 days 3 nites. This hotel has a great service, basic facilities, and amenities of a great hotel at a good price. If class and elegance is not part of your lodging package, this hotel is great for family.

This hotel has pay-airport shuttle bus (airport BOOTH B17) to and fro at 100 hkd per person single trip.

Staying at this hotel is like locating at tsim sha tsui. Their free shuttle brings you to and fro mongkok , tsim sha tsui and hotel. The stop at tsim sha tsui is a road across to MTR which bring you to the peak, disney, ....etc

Walking from hotel to mongkok is about 10 - 15 mins itself.

Unique Quality: Roof top swimming pool - a panoramic view of the mountains.

• Parrish1963's Profile Photo

Adequate accomodations

I stayed in a business room, it was okay. After paying 60 US in Shenzhen for a much better room(suite) the 125 US was high but it was still one of the better deals in HK. I would recommend it to a person traveling through as I was but not to stay for a vacation destination.

Unique Quality: I was impressed with the roof top pool, it was clean and provided a decent view.

• small but nice

I had booked thru their website which gave decent rates......Rooms were small.......but clean.....Service was fast & efficient.....Staff is courteous & helpful....The Shuttle service to Tsim tsha tsui & mongkok station is very helpful.......The check-in was however too slow..took us more than an hour to get our room keys on a confirmed reservation....Nice breakfast.......Location is not very ideal.....Overall a good experience

Unique Quality: The shuttle is very helpful........

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo

Hotel in Kowloon - free shuttle to Tsim Sha Tsui

We stayed six nights in this hotel and we chose it simply because it had rooms available and it was inside our budget limits.

It was a clean and safe hotel, the staff was friendly but the breakfast was disappointing. They had coffee/the, yoghurt, bacon, eggs, dumplings (spelling?), toast, croisants but I was missing toppings on my sandwiches... The breakfast is not worth the money but actually we did not find any other b/f place in near areas (didnt look hard).

Pool was OK, but the water was very warm so it was not refreshing to dip in. One can do without a pool also.

The carpet was old and dirty but they provide slippers. Bed was hard as they are in China but ok. Also four "different soft" pillows were provided!

I made my booking by using a Finnish hotelreservation system where one has to register in.

Unique Quality: There is a free shuttle from the hotel every 30mins to Tsim Tsa Tsui from morning till 10.30pm and also to MongKok shopping area.

ATTENTION: The hotel has changed its name. Today (27Oct06) it is called: METROPARK hotel Kowloon

Directions: Mongkok metro (MTR) station is the nearest stop.

More about Metropark Hotel Kowloon

Not great!

Good points:
We stayed at this hotel for 5 days 4 nights. Location is quite good, only 5-10 mins walk into the heart of Mong Kok. Nearest MTR is also about the same distance from the hotel but there are plenty of taxis and buses outside. If you like to shop and eat like the locals, this is the ideal location for your stay. See the local markets and dine at the local resturants. Very Cheap. Family of four can dine for about 200 HK$ max including drinks....lol.

Now the bad points:
Our room was small and quite dirty. Could do with new carpets and a lick of paint. Bathroom definately needed re-doing. The best way to describe the hotel room is to imagine a tired looking Travel Inn in the UK. Last time we were here in 2004, we stayed at the Sandford Intercontinental, Mody Road which we would highly recommend. The rooms there were 3 times bigger and exceptionally clean. Highly recommend the Sandford Intercontinental instead.

If you are on a budget, then Metropol is for you. The location, and the cheap dining.

Have a great time in Hong Kong!

Not Good

We stayed at the hotel in 2 spells of 4 nights each at the end of May and in all honesty the hotel needs a complete refurbishment. We stayed in a non smoking executive room on the 16th floor and found the room to be in need of a complete overhaul. The wallpaper was old and peeling in places, the carpet looked old with a number of stains, again the bathroom really needed updating and the shower had terrible water pressure. The room was not executive standard.

The plus points were that the majority of staff were professional and very helpful. The bedding was very clean and we were able to leave our luggage for 2 nights while we headed to Macau. The breakfast on the 1st floor offers a greater variety than the executive floor. The shuttle bus to Mong Kok to catch the MTR - I would recommend getting off at Mong Kok and catching the MTR to TST rather than been sat in traffic all the way.

One thing that soured the stay was the fact that when we went to check out at the executive floor we were told that the member of staff "was late". Why was there no cover? So we had to check out downstairs and found the receptionist to be very rude!

We have previously stayed at the executive floors at the New World Renaissance, Kowloon and the Metropole is nowhere near that standard.

Would not stay here again.

Metropole Hotel Kowloon

by TripAdvisor Member AJH51

We had a very pleasant stay at the Metropole Hotel in Kowloon from 28th May to the 2nd June 2006. After reading other reviews about this hotel we took the advice given and upgraded to an excecutive room, hich was very worthwhile. A very good breakfast was included in the upgrade price of £14 per room per night, also 2 bottles of water each day was left in the room. It allows a quicker check in and out as there is a separate excecutive lounge. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The only faults we could find were that the bed was a little too firm for my liking and the coffee and creamer left in the room each day to use with the supplied kettle, were of very cheap quality and were awful. I would advise anyone to take their own coffee with them. All in all we found this to be a good 3 star hotel and good value for money.

A great stay

by TripAdvisor Member jeepcherokee

My wife and i stayed at the Metropole from 28 May to 11 June and had a great time there.
The half hourly shuttle bus to Tsim Sha Tsui via the Mong Kok MTR was more than adequate.The room was always kept clean and even though we had a late check out on the day of our departure the linen and towels were still changed, which has not happened at other hotels.The staff could not do enough for us and were always very pleasant and helpful.
Iwould highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Excellent Stay at the Metropole

My husband and I stayed at the Metropole, HK from 28 May until 09 June and we couldn't find fault with this hotel at all. Our room on the 16th floor was extremely clean and very comfortable. Please do not be put off by what you read as it is all about personal taste. The Hotel is in a v good location and Mongkok is only a 10 mins walk to the markets and shops and metro station. The free courtesy bus provides a link to Mongkok and Tsim Shat Sui which is handy for the Star Ferry terminal and for some shopping at the bottom of Nathan Rd. Please try Teresa's Coffee Restaurant next to the hotel as they are very friendly and the food is good and very cheap. Buy an Octopus card from Mongkok Train Station it cost $150 but is extremely good value as you can use it on the metro, some shops accept it as well as some Fast Food outlets such as McD's. You also get cheaper fares on the metro and it contains a refundable deposit of $50 (albeit there a small handling fee which they deduct) saves the hassle of having change. You can top it up at any metro station. A brilliant holiday in a Fab city .... we hope to return again in the near future

Very comfortable

Modest prices, nice restaurants, a very good bar. The Hotel has a regular free bus service to the most interesting parts of the city. The service is excellent. Free safe in the room. Nice, but little swimming pool at the top of the building, with a view. Good bussines longue. Bus service to the airport at reasonable price (90 HKD). Trip advisor in the Hotel. Recommended.

Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member Hughes751

Good value, good location, all that's been written by others is true. What does make it different for me is as follows:

Visited there in May 2006 with wife and two (grown-up) children in two separate rooms. On our last day there, our flight was not until the evening and so we arranged to use one room until departure, the children moved their bags into our room about lunchtime. Later that afternoon, we were contacted by hotel staff who when cleaning the room had found some jewellery which turned out to be my daughter's (she hadn't missed it). Such honesty is not common in hotels - top marks from me!

by TeSSanG

Hi. This is my second time going to HK, however, the 1st time we went there, our travel agent booked us at Panda Hotel in Kowloon. It is a very nice hotel but far from where we want to go. Now, we booked ourselves to METROPARK Hotel Kowloon... is it any good? We are very particular about the size of the room. Is it big? We're on a budget so we only booked the regular room. Is this hotel near the ferry going to Macau, or near the MTR and the shopping malls?

It saddens me that we already booked before i found out about this site. Hope u can help me. So i can still cancel my booking. Thanks in advance!

by seagypsy

You can take the Macau Ferry from their terminal at Sheung Wan on HK island but I think there's one that leaves from Kowloon as well.

by Vita500

Well, let's say it that way: there are plenty of more convenient hotels in Kowloon but it still won't be much of a problem to travel around.

HK has an awesome public transportation network, so don't worry.
I'm sure they offer free shuttle services to the main areas and/or MTR (subway) stations anyway...

For Macau, the above-mentioned ferry terminal in Sheung Wan on HK Island is the best way to go. Yes, there is another terminal on the Kowloon side but ferries from Sheung Wan are much more frequent (and they run 24/7).

Personally, I'd probably cancel my booking and stay somewhere nearer to the harbour and MTR station (e.g. the BP International) but if you don't mind walking 5 to 10 minutes to the next subway station or taking the shuttle bus in exchange for a (supposedly) larger-than-average room (rooms in HK are generally very small!) in a rather "quiet" location... perfect!

Take a peek at my VT Hong Kong page for more tips and ideas.

Cheers,
Robert

by TeSSanG

Thanks guys for the replies....

Can u suggest any hotel room, thats about $500 per night that is close to harbor or MTR and has a bigger room for two???

by Vita500

Mhm... 500 HKD is not really much. The BP will definitely cost you more than that. The IBIS North Point might be possible though...
I guess it mainly depends on when you plan to travel as room rates vary by season.

Take a look at www.asiarooms.com for rates. This will give you a good idea on what to expect.

Again, I have a couple of suggestions on hotels on my VT Hong Kong page, so take a look.

Cheers,