New Cathay Hotel, Hong Kong

No.17 Tung Lo Wan Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China

Good For No Data

More about Hong Kong

Kowloon - a building wall becomes a noticeboardKowloon - a building wall becomes a noticeboard

Temple Street MarketsTemple Street Markets

Hongkong sea,shure bath place with shark netHongkong sea,shure bath place with shark net

Hong Kong VT MeetingHong Kong VT Meeting

That awesome Xiao Long Bao

by ueberbemzki

I heard about Din Tai Fung's XLB. Is it really that good as most people say? Also, are there other XLB places that shouldn't be missed? My friends and I are staying in Jordan/Nathan Road area. Appreciate if you can give me directions. And if there are awesome dimsum places worth checking in the Jordan/Nathan please tell me as well! Will be in HK next week! :)

by ueberbemzki

By the way, I like cheaper and more authentic dimsum places. I consider myself a foodie and really have no qualms trying different kinds of food!

by xymmot

In the shamrock hotel there is a dim sum place I go to and have been there for years. It's good and it is on Nathan road past the Kowloon Park before Austin road. Eat well, I envy you cheers Tommy x

by mim95

Din Tai Fung is famous, just google Din Tai Fung Hong Kong and you'll find the direction to the restaurant.

If you like food, definitely read this article:

Thanks Norah :)

by ueberbemzki

Thanks Tommy. Do you remember what the dim sum place is called? Is it inside the Shamrock Hotel? I checked the map and it is close to where we're staying. I'm already craving!

by ueberbemzki

Hi Mimi, the link was very helpful! Thank you so much!

by xymmot

It is right next store, you will see the store front, I think it has fish tanks in the glass. Anyway it is call the (Shamrock Seafood Restaurant) 223 Nathan Road tele# 27356722.....#27303519. There is a small dinining room when you first enter. Up the stairs, it is huge any seats five hundred. They have the carts and menus. The problem with the carts is by the time it gets to you, half of the good stuff is gone because of awful chinese manners. People get up from the tables and chase the carts coming out of the kitchen, I seen it and was pissed. I order the stuff from the menu after a while and complained and got what I wanted. if you like roasted meats , go to Kimberley road and take a right to Carnavon Rd to Hau Fook street., there are plenty of roast meat eateries there that are bunched together and cheap. Eat well cheers Tommy x

by ueberbemzki

Thanks Tommy! Very very helpful indeed, thanks for all your suggestions. I do like roast meats and I have pinned everything in my Google map. I will have a feast for 5 days next week!

Travel Tips for Hong Kong

Fashion Beauty

by RoyJava

Hong Kong is as fashionable as Paris, London, New York. In mind the sign of dollars you can do world-class, exclusive shopping here like in paradise. Hong Kong is united with business, office-expand, much money swallowing up investments ... so the expressions "money is round" and "money makes the world go round" are not that inconceivable then sooner its characteristic feature. Fortunately the city is taking great pride, too, in its fashion. Doing "hair & make-up" it is great to see how the Western publicity beauty billboards welcome you in a surprising way in Hongkong. Fashion- as well make-up shops are not just shopping area's in an ordinary mall. The fashionable shops are truely stylished, luxurious and very trendy decorated, great done Hong Kong!

Hustle and Bustle

by Bwana_Brown

The prices and choices of electronic goods were very good compared to anywhere else that I had been. It was my last chance to pick up a few things for my wife and daughters waiting back in Papua New Guinea so I made a stab at it (not being a great shopper)! A Seiko watch for my wife, two Nintendo hand-held games for my daughters (which were quite the rage with their friends when we eventually got back to Canada), a 35-mm movie camera to finally get some live images of New Guinea and a "Jaffle Maker" - it still makes great sandwiches to this day!

The Times Sqare in Causeway...

by twipsy

The Times Sqare in Causeway Bay is really an impressing shopping mall. It´s not the biggest, but one of my favourite shopping malls in Hongkong. At the basement you find a store of Lane Crawford. Above this store you can find a nine floor atríum with many shops, sorted by category. One floor for example is only for HIFI, photo and music (e.g. Tower Records). Above this nine floors you have four smaller floors with some restaurants. So the mall has 14 floors. Above this mall two office towers are located.

Free Internet access

by gloopgloop

Most shopping malls/plazas has free internet broadband connected pcs by the information desks.

If there are no people using the internet you can spend as long as you like, but if there are people waiting behind you then internet usage is limited to 10 minutes.

Some MTR stations do have Internet pcs - but these are very slow, not worth the hassle plus passing people can see everything.

Hong Kong Tip

by chngbw

Notice the rollercoaster rails behind us in the pic? I actually sat in the thrilling roller coaster rides THREE times!! The train was empty as it was nearing closing hours and everybody was rushing home. Serene joined me for my 1st ride n there were 2 japanese tourists for my 2nd ride but I was ALL ALONE on my 3rd ride! Actually I wanted to go for a 4th round but Serene persuaded to get out as they r closing the station soon...sigh! :/

Comments