Newton Hotel Kowloon

More about Newton Hotel Kowloon

Aviary in Kowloon ParkAviary in Kowloon Park

Bungy Jumping from Macau TowerBungy Jumping from Macau Tower

KowloonKowloon

facade of Man Mo temple, Fu Shin street.facade of Man Mo temple, Fu Shin street.

L Nina Hotel or Metropark Mongkok or Newton Kln ?

by urbanmale_tods

I need help on cheap hotel stay, mainly for shopping. I have shortlisted 3 based on my budget of HKD660 for a room a night. Please recommend.

1. L Hotel Nina, Tsuen Wan
2. Metropark Mongkok
3. Newton Hotel Kowloon

Thank You!

by adasyau

L Nina Hotel in Tsuen Wan is not convenient if you want to shop in Mongkok, Yaumatei and Tsimshatsui, as Tsuen Wan is the terminal of the MTR line. It takes at least 20 minutes to go to Mongkok. The other two are near Prince Edward MTR Station. Metropark Mongkok is closer to the main road -- Nathan Road.

by Jannetto

Yes, Tsuen Wan is way out, would skip that unless it's a lot cheaper.

by kymaus

maybe you should check this out - Bridal Tea House Hotel (Yaumatei)- I picked this hotel for my first time HK trip next week since it seems ok, price around 513HKD. Their website is http://www.hkchhotel.com/eng.html

Hong Kong Hotels near San Po Kong?

by hkgrl

Hi, I have to go to Hong Kong for a few days to take a standardized exam at the Hong Kong Exam and Assessment Authority, located at 17 Tseuk Luk St, San Po Kong, Kowloon, HK. Can someone recommend some decent hotels near this address where I might be able to stay for a few nights? If possible, I'm just looking for a simple, plain, clean hotel (aka, on a student budget). Many Thanks!

Hotels near San Po Kong?

by Confucius

There are no hotels in that area. I suggest you choose a budget hotel in Mongkok and commute by Citybus, which has a route that goes directly to San Po Kong.

RE: Hong Kong Hotels near San Po Kong?

by Cyncyn

Please check it up ! It's the nearest hotel I know where you can take 5-10 mins by bus or taxi you can arrive San Po Kong !

I hope it helps !

Simple plain hotel in Kowloon?

by Confucius

Regal Oriental for a student budget? I avoided mentioning Newton Kowloon because I thought that hotel was too expensive (around 600 HK per night)

There are plenty of cheap hotels in Mongkok. It doesn't take long to ride the MTR to Diamond Hill or take a bus directly to the exam site.

RE: RE: Hong Kong Hotels near San Po Kong?

by hkgrl

Thanks so much for your help.

Is the Newton Kowloon hotel that you are talking about the "Newton Inn North Point 88 Chun Yeung St, North Point, Hong Kong" hotel? It is the only one I can find that begins with the Newton name. If not, do you happen to know of any other hotels nearby?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again for all your advice! :)

RE: Hong Kong Hotels near San Po Kong?

by Cyncyn

Sorry , I think my information was outdated !

But you can still have the reference here : http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8f969/5d6/3/

I think it's quite reasonable guest house !

Newton Hotel, Kowloon side

NEWTON HOTEL KOWLOON. 66 Boundary Street, Mongkok

Travel Tips for Hong Kong

Money Exchange

by jlee008

Although I would not recommend exchanging your money at the change agencies, there is a rather painless way. I travel alot with my ATM card and you can withdraw from any of the many branches in Hong Kong. The HSBC Hong Kong and the Citibanks are plenty. You can get a really good rate at the ATMs. I found that the rate was almost nearly the going exchange rate. (I probably got a fee rolled into it.) But if you are there for several days and need the cash, might as well get as much as you think you need at once so you dont get hit with as many fees. Plus also, if you want to goto the markets, they only accept cash!!

Giant Buddha

by kylian74

'Po Lin Monastery' where the giant buddha as world's largest. This visit to this place was actually out of our plan since our stay in Hong Kong was only 4 days, good for a little shopping and to see the city...when we were in the bus for a half day city tour, we've met a canadian couple, we talked and talked telling we went there and we will be there, then suddenly they suggest us to see this place such a 'must' to do, that was on our 3'rd day when we did this trip to lantau island, okey that was a good idea and so glad to see this amazing 26 meters high and 202 ton in copper buddha.

Hong Kong Tip

by nearonm

My fondest memory of Hong Kong was flying into the city at night and seeing all of the tall buildings lit up and standing tall. Coming from a place where the tallest building is 5 floors,this was quite an experience.

Museums

by Gard

HK space museum and science museum
We enjoy going to space and science related museums and after reading about this in the Lonely Planet guide we decided to check it out. We went there on a Wednesday and there was no entrance fee. We were hoping to find a planetarium at the space museum but it seems like there were only shows (that we had already seen) in the big globe. The museum itself was not great but it was interesting. And they do have some hands-on stuff so that kids don’t get too bored walking around. The space museum is located on the tip of Kowloon (at the harbour). After we had been to the space museum we walked over to the nearby science museum (Tsim Sha Tsui east). Once again we found a museum that was OK with quite a lot of hands-on exhibits. The only problem was that there were quite a lot of stuff that was out of order or being refurbished

Talented tongue!

by Guantanamera

In the photo shown here, I encouraged Siuching to unleash her mischievous side at Po Lin Temple...! She was quite a sport to pose for this shot, matching tongues with the same stone dragon that she had me facing off with in the introduction photo to this page...!

Comments