51 Man Tung Road, Tung Chung, Hong Kong, China

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Emile72's Profile Photo

A great place to be!

We have stayed now 4 times in Novotel Citygate Hong Kong and really like the place.

Location:

-This is maybe not the best location if you want to sightsee in the city/shop in the city, but the hotel is next to the trainstation and you are quickly downtown.

-The proximity to the airport is just ideal. 5 minutes by (free) shuttle buss going back and forth every 15 minutes. When you arrive at Hong Kong Airport, in the arrivals hall, walk to the right side, I think it was entrance B, where you can ask for the shuttle buss to the hotel.

-The hotel is linked to a new outlet mall with various stores (Guess, AX, etc) and food outlets. Good shopping before you fly home!

-The hotel is right next to the cable car to the giant buddha statue, really recommend to take that trip.

Room: Very clean, spacy and great windows with a wonderful view. The doors are quite heavy and you need some power to open them.

Breakfast: Comes at 12.5 Euros pp and has quite a bit of choice. Not very spectacular, but for sure it will fill your stomach. There is some free coffee, croissants and fruits from 4-6 in the lobby, in case you have an early flight.

We paid about 75E a night through the Accor website. This was excluding BF.

• julia687's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel

This is a lovely hotel which for an airport hotel has a good location! They provide a free transfer from the airport to the hotel (and back again) in a minibus, though it is not advertised there is a desk in the arrivals hall which you need to ask at.
    The room its self is a good size and quite modern in its styling, the bathroom is lovely and has a great shower, it also comes with bathrobe and slippers.
    The minibar and room service were well priced and the food was really nice! There is a mix of Asian and international food. There is also several restaurants in the hotel and more in the shopping mall which the hotel is attached to. There is also an outdoor swimming pool if the weather is nice. If you are travelling on business the rooms have a good sized desk to work from and have an internet connection.

If you wish to get in to Hong Kong or sightsee on Lantau Island the hotel is well placed for transport links. Just walk through the mall and there is a MTR station which takes you to Disneyland & HK in about 30-45mins. There are regular buses to the big budda in Ngong Ping and when it opens again the Ngong Ping 360 cable car terminal is next to the bus station.

Overall a great stay and would certainly return in the future.

Unique Quality: Attached to the only outlet mall in Hong Kong

Directions: 10 Mins from the airport and attached to Citygate Mall

More about Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

Great Trendy Airport Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member chrisny2

Because I was flying out of Hong Kong International Airport on an early morning flight, I made a reservation at the Novotel Citygate for one night. This hotel was a great surprise! Clearly a very new hotel, it was filled with trendy decor and great service. The hotel is very conveniently located near a subway stop and near the airport. I took the subway to the hotel and the hotel's free airport shuttle the next morning.

This hotel has a very trendy lobby with two great restaurants. It's also connected to one of Hong Kong's only outlet malls, which has great stores such as Adidas Outlet, Body Shop Factory Store, etc. The room was a studio style, with glass features and a comfortable bed. The view was great, you're located within view of the cable cars (a highly recommended tourist sight!) The hotel had great bath products and a very nice rain shower. The room keys were activated by just tapping them on the door.

Internet access was available, but not free.

Overall this is the best airport hotel I have stayed in. Its convenient location and great trendy ambience make this hotel a treat!

Splendid airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member clubworldBA

I booked the hotel for one night in Hong Kong and due to the short stay wanted a location near the airport. I have to say this is one of my best airport hotel expereinces.
The Novotel Citygate is a very modern hotel. The staff were very pleasant on my arrival. A minor problem: I had requested a smoking room but was given a non-smoking. As no basic rooms were available, I was upgraded to a junior suite free of charge.
The restaurant and bar were very trendy- unfortunately I missed breakfast in the morning.
I made full use of the health club which included a gym, sauna and swimming pool.
As my flight didn't leave till late evening, I requested a late check out. The friendly and excellent staff duly obliged. I kept my bags at reception and checked out the beautiful shopping complex next to the hotel.
The shuttle bus for the airport left every half hour free of charge. Even though I was given a late check out, I would have loved to have stayed at the hotel longer.
On my next trip to Hong Kong or should I say the airport, I know exactly which hotel to choose.

Truly the best airport hotel experience ever....

by TripAdvisor Member ju123

Having already had 5 nights on Hong Kong island and following a 10 day tour of China, we found ourselves back in HK for one night prior to a flight to Singapore.

We didn't really want to have to travel downtown again so opted for the Novotel Citygate which is classed as an airport hotel, approximately 5mins shuttle from the main airport arrivals desk.

When you get off the flight you have to check in at desk B16 in order to get the shuttle to the hotel. These shuttles run about every half hour or so, so depending on when you get there it could be a bit of a wait...just time to get something to eat from one of the countless great bakeries in the arrivals hall.

We were escorted by a member of staff to the shuttle bus and within 5mins or so we were checking into the hotel. Check in was smooth as we had booked and paid in full online, so within minutes we were heading up in the lift to our room.

Now the room. I am not exaggerating but it is probably the best room I have ever stayed in and a complete contrast to your normal run of the mill Novotels you find in Europe. It was very modern and sleek, had a great flat screen television, walk in shower and seperate toilet and best of all an amazing king bed which was better than any Sheraton sleeper bed I have slept on. Absolutely amazing room.

Great views of the surrounding area abound including the new cable car system up to the giant Budhha which unfortunately was still being tested whilst we were in HK both times.

The hotel provided buffet dinners and breakfasts and both were very good quality if a little overpriced. However on the night we had dinner, it was amazing to see how many locals had visited just to have the buffet dinner. If we had needed a bigger table than 2, I think we'd have had a long wait....it seemed like complete families were there for the food, so a sign that it is of a very good standard especially with the much cheaper options abound in the city.

The hotel is connected to a big shopping mall which also has some good restaurants, although nothing special. Some units are still for sale so it is obviously early days but there seemed to be some good high street branded shops already in place, which will only improve in time.

All in all I have never stayed at a better airport hotel. True it isn't quite on-site but a short shuttle bus journey is all it takes to get to this fantastic place. Book your shuttle journey back to the airport the night before to guarantee your specific time by the way. It is a very popular service.

Would I stay here if visiting HK as a whole? Possibly. I guess its about a 30min train journey to the downtown area. As an airport hotel though, I doubt it could ever be beaten.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 2bundles

We stayed here on a 24hr stopover in HK. We took the free shuttle from the airport (every 30 min) from desk B16. The room was excellent. The best Novotel I have stayed in! The adjacent shopping centre is outlet stores which were great, but don't open until 10-11am. We were promptly upgraded when we showed our Accor card. Free fruit bowl and water etc was a nice touch. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The view was nice. We were also given late checkout. We caught the shuttle back to the airport in the morning, checked in for our flight, then caught the airtrain into HK for the day. Very highly recommended Hotel.

They forgot my wake up call

by TripAdvisor Member SteveB1

Like a review from another traveller - they forgot my wake up call, I quickly packed and ran to lift, ran throught the foyer and jumped in the first taxi I could find, I was very lucky being the last person to check in for a london bound flight.

Some good points, some bad points

by TripAdvisor Member LUpchurch

We booked a 2 night stay in a Superior Queen room for Jan18. We decided on this hotel to avoid the long trek out and back to the city for just 2 nights, and to try to use the cable car lift to the monastery.
The courtesy coach pickup was excellent. We were escorted to the coach by a young guy in a suit. I think this may be because the bus terminal isn't yet finished and it is a little difficult to find.
Check-in was good with our bags whisked away by a porter.
The room looked very modern with green glass walls to the shower etc and a large flat screen tv. The bed was very comfortable.
The room did have its drawbacks. It felt like a perfect room for one. I kept trying to get the only chair in the room, but my wife always beat me to it! The English style teabags for a drink were a nice touch, but would have been better if any milk was provided. We opted for coffee.
Using the shower was challenging. There were two shower heads. One on the wall that needed re-tightening to the wall and couldn't be persuaded to lift its weary head up without nodding back, and a large overhead shower. The overhead shower was the interesting one. How do you depress the valvehead switch, situated at the back of the shower, without having a load of cold water dumped on your head! The valve would only operate if water was already flowing from the other head.
This coupled with having a blocked toilet on the first morning didn't impress us too much.
We left the room to go to HongKong city and the room was fixed before we came back in the afternoon. Staff at the lobby are variable in their command of English, though there's always at least one who is good.
The high point was the buffet in the lobby restaurant. The place was packed out with what appeared to be non-residents. I assume they live in the nearby apartments. The buffet was very varied, all the food was delicious, the busy atmosphere made it so unlike the normal airport hotel restaurant, and the value was amazing.
The MTR is very easy to get to through the shopping mall, which, when it is finished, will be Hong Kong's first Outlet shopping centre. A large supermarket is signposted up for the lowest floor, but when we investigated it hadn't been started on .
The cable car is also easily reached just past the MTR. Unfortunately the weather stopped us from using it.

The hotel was quite expensive and although it looks the part, it does have some flaws.

One night in Hong Kong - a great airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member quanster

I needed a hotel for one night in Hong Kong - getting in late (9pm) and leaving 12 hours later! Hotels in Hong Kong are more expensive than in some other Asian cities (like the amazing deals in Bangkok) but I wanted the easiest option possible - and I thought I'd take the advice in ju123's helpful review.

JU was right. It's a GREAT option for an overnight stay. My work budget did stretch to pay for this hotel, which wasn't cheap, but wasn't too expensive - the deal on expedia was reasonable.

The shuttle from arrivals desk B16 leaves every half and hour, and took about 7 minutes. My room was beautifully done, spacious and with a very luxurious and stylish feel. Loved the bathroom, and the extra tall huge shower head. Only complaint was that the gym didn't open at 5am as advertised. There were 3 of us waiting around for half an hour. Ah, free shuttle bus back to the airport in the morning was good. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to.

Good airport hotel - a bit pricey

by TripAdvisor Member olimaspecto

Stayed here twice in the course of a week while having to overnight in Hong Kong. Very close to airport and a very nice hotel, but a bit expensive and overpriced for what you get. The rooms are very cool and the bathroom is integrated into the room with a clear column/stand separating them. Haven't seen a hotel quite like it before, but its a cool design.

Cost about 50 HKD to get from the airport to the hotel and about 5-10 minutes terminal to hotel lobby. Didn't try the food options at the hotel but they seemed popular. No in-room highspeed internet so I had to use the lobby internet stations, which are expensive. Wish they would add in the high-speed!

No problems at checkout, though you have to pay to join Accor hotel's award program so I didn't get any credit for my stays. Make sure to book at their website ahead of time rather than just showing up. Even if you just book an hour before you show up there are better rates online than offered at the hotel front desk.

novotel citygate

by pawlett47

Hi
We have 2 nights in HK in Citygate Novotel in one of their exec rooms. Could anyone tell me the advantages of one of these rooms over their standard ones? I believe that complimentary drinks are available, also afternoon tea. Anyone know the hours of availability? Thanks
janet